IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The Sport You Love.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. Germain MUHIRWA

Germain MUHIRWA New Member

When I say "The Sport You Love" I mean the sport you used to practice on a daily basis when you were still little. In my case I used to love Football the one you play with feet not with Hands... the so called Soccer :) So What is my point? when you are still young you do not see that Love or passion you have for any sport shrinking... and you even and up giving up on that sport. It is not the case for me yet, and I am addressing this in order to acquire a strategy that you guys do use to keep loving your sports not just being a fan.... but practising as well.

2. NewPupil

NewPupil New Member

The two sports that I love are cheer-leading and track. At each opportunity throughout grade-school I participated as a cheerleader and on the track team. Within each sport my coaches conveyed to me that what made me stand out most was, technique. As a cheerleader my team position was a jumper because of concise execution of each jump and in track I was the anchor leg; as I was able to finish the race strong with light-quick feet. To keep the passion going I tune in online and watch track meets and cheer competitions.

What will you do to keep the passion alive?

3. KingInfo

KingInfo New Member

When I was younger I was deeply passionate about soccer, but I reached an age where I realized that it was full of idiots, wimps and divers. Since then I've mainly played rugby.

4. Timothy Johnson

Timothy Johnson New Member

I absolutely truly love basketball. My father introduced and taught me the game. Most of my current friends I met on the basketball court. When I get older and loose my athletic ability I plan on coaching.

5. bluegreen

bluegreen New Member

My favourite sport is Handball, I played professionaly 3 or 4 years of my life and I played since I was a litle kid. I cant remember why I start playing but I think it was mainly because of my school friends ;) I remember I made good friends back in the days and I still keep the contact nowadays (20 years after). There are some experiences that you wont forget and friends that you will have for your entire life, and my handball experience gave me that :)

6. jainish

jainish New Member

Cricket is my favorite sport, I play it regularly for the local club in my city. It helps me staying fit and healthy. I am a die hard fan of the indian cricket team. My favorite cricketers are Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Ricky Ponting and Jacques Kallis.

7. will.247

will.247 New Member

My favorite sport is either trampolining or soccer; this because i have been doing both since I was about 6 and the fact it brings myself and many others together helps to create such an enjoyable atmosphere, allowing me to make many friends along the way. Furthermore watching the sports is even more enthralling and i am a die hard fan of the Arsenal, the mighty north Londoners, my favorite soccer team. COYG!!!

8. ARS617

ARS617 New Member

Basketball was my favorite sport. After school, I would always go to the court and play basketball for hours on end with my friends. I wasn't really great at the game, but it was always fun to play and to watch on television especially during the playoffs. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Hakeem Olajuwon were my favorite players when I was young.

9. shahzeb ayub

shahzeb ayub New Member

Sports are no doubt an integral part of our daily life whether you are playing it or watching it. For us, subcontinent fans, Sports are more than just a healthy activity or a game, instead all our emotions are deeply involved in it. I like Hockey, Football, Tennis but love is all for cricket for obvious reason. Cricket is one of the main sport in our country and we have produced countless world class players in this sport. Though I would agree that we have underachieved at the bigger stage but in bilateral series our record is one of the best in the world. Above all, Cricket unite us as a nation and everyone is glued to their television.

10. NIck

NIck New Member

No doubt, I love Cricket most. I love to watching it as well as playing it. It creates and holds mystery throughout the whole match. You cannot predict that who will win the match. A whole game can change in one over. It's a very curious sport. I also play cricket but at the weekend.

11. Liz9000

Liz9000 New Member

I love football but I don't get to play it often. When I was in 7th and 8th grade, I did track. I loved it. I unfortunately couldn't continue once I got to high school because that's when Pay to Play started. If no one else knows what that it, it's when you have to pay a bunch of money to join a school sport. It was expensive so I couldn't do it anymore. I hated that I could not continue.