IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Thoughts on Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

Discussion in 'Games' started by coolben20, Mar 24, 2020.

1. coolben20

coolben20 New Member

I had it preordered since, as a long time fan of the series and from promotional material, I knew I would love the game. It turns out I was definitely right, even more so than I had expected - it's much more interactive than before, seeming to draw inspiration from the mobile adaption of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Initially upon seeing this mechanic, I thought it could be a game breaker. But, I found it more fun. Interested to hear other thoughts though...

2. Rice0309

Rice0309 New Member

It was the first Animal Crossing game I ever played and I honestly really enjoyed it. The game is really cute, relaxing, and fun. In a good way, it reminded me of playing Stardew Valley. But I hear that a lot of veteran Animal Crossing players are hating on the game, and I heard it was because Nintendo added micro transactions into the game. I personally haven't ran into any issues that would make me hate the game

10/10 I would definitely recommend it.

3. cyan

cyan New Member

I haven't played it yet, Nintendo Switch is very expensive for me. But I think it is pretty cool, from what I have heard and the gameplays I have watched. I play Pocket Camp daily, and I really wish there were a bit more of social interaction there. Anyways, it is a really good game to pass the time, it's so cute and addictive.

4. endergrub72

endergrub72 New Member

I really want to get this game soon. The graphics look really smooth compared to the original Animal Crossing. (I know, but that's the only one I've played.) It also looks fun with friends, but these days money is tight and it sucks that you have to have Switch Online to play with other people. I hope that one day I'll be able to get it and play, with or without friends.

5. allison smith

allison smith New Member

I LOVE Stardew Valley! However, I think this is the second-worst game in the AC franchise, the worst being pocket camp. It is so different from the format of previous games, it almost feels like they tried to combine Minecraft and Animal Crossing.

I just want my simple, Wild World game style back.

6. AndaliteBandit

AndaliteBandit New Member

I absolutely adore New Horizons.

My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf, so I'm a bit of a newer fan, so things that have been changed in this iteration may not be as big as a deal to me as it might be to older fans.

That being said, I love the amount of control we get over the island's aesthetics. I seriously play this game every day, since launch, and it still doesn't get boring whatsoever.

7. Gailgameshy

Gailgameshy New Member

This is my first of the Animal Crossing games, and I played it religiously for about the first month and a half. Now, I pick it up when I'm extremely bored, and feel shame for all the weeds as well as well as the villagers reprimanding me for my absence.

I think part of it stems from the fact that the daily grind of it started to feel like a second job.