IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Using website builder to create website

Discussion in 'Programming' started by luri, Apr 25, 2017.

1. luri

luri New Member

It is easy to build a website if you use a website builder such as weebly. However, you will incur extra expenses. On the other hand you can create a wordpress site easily without paying a dime (you need a hosting plan though). Sadly, if you do not have programing skills, your wordpress site will look dumb. Which one is better, learning programming or using a website builder.

2. lead

lead New Member

What the proposed website aims to achieve should be a deciding factor on whether to use a website builder or build from scratch. For information based website (blogs, forum), using website builder like wordpress and weebly will be cost effective and the smart thing to do. If one is expecting a huge traffic inflow from this information based website, then incorporating SQL/PHP into the website builder like wordpress will do the job.

For a website for a medium to large corporation organization where issue of database sits at the top of their priority, then it's advisable one build the website framework from scratch. But it is noteworthy to point out that website builder framework have grown over the years to cater for varying needs of web application.

3. zenJ

zenJ New Member

I think a wordpress website is quite decent for someone without programming skills. I created one years ago when I had none and it was aesthetically pleasing and actually had some good traffic, but the only thing I did was choose a theme and customize it a little bit.

4. vhinz

vhinz New Member

Content Management System (CMS) like wordpress allows you to create your website in just a matter of minutes even you don't have knowledge in web programming. It helped many people with no technical knowledge in web programming to lessen their expenses in creating their website. Website created in wordpress can be stunning by installing beautiful themes and plugins. And CMS is just getting better because of new plugins that can be associated with it.

I know how to develop a website from scratch but when I created my blog site, I used wordpress because it is faster to finish my website rather than doing all the programming stuff. I used also ThriveTheme site builder to make the design appealing.

In creating a website it is a great advantage if you know just even HTML and CSS so that you can do the customization for your theme if you are using CMS. You doesn't have to pay someone to do it for you.

5. LightMan123

LightMan123 New Member

I believe that using a website builder can save you a lot of time and possibly money. However, website builders will probably not give you enough flexibility.

If you are a small business or you want a personal website, go with website builder. But, if you have big business, then go for unique website.