IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Veganism

Discussion in 'Health' started by alysiaascovani, May 19, 2019.

1. alysiaascovani

alysiaascovani New Member

Veganism is one of the most controversial lifestyle choices in the present time. I am a vegan myself, and I feel like I am always being judged for it before people ever even get the chance to know me. Those who do withhold judgement and opinions are always surprised when I tell them that I'm vegan, not because of a desire to protect animals (though I do like animals), but mainly because I have dozens of food intolerances that have led me to have to adopt a vegan diet. While I don't think judging people is at all okay, I can understand why the stereotype exists that many vegans are self-righteous. I do wish, however, that people were able to understand that, on the surface, two people can appear to have made the same decision for the same reasons, while, in actuality, their reasoning is completely different from each other's.

Regardless of your reasoning for being vegan, does anyone else have similar experiences?