IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Water or Soda?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Lahn, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Lahn

Lahn New Member

Water and soda both gives me a refreshing feeling, especially when served cold. But I much prefer drinking water because it has all the health benefits that are recommended for everyone. Water keeps you dehydrated at all times, cleanse your body from all toxins and helps prevent you from having any kinds of infection or disease.

Not that I have anything against soda, I am just aware that it contains a large amount of sugar that is not good for the body, especially when consumed regularly. I guess when you get older and you have kids of your own, you tend to be more cautious about what foods and beverages you and your family eat. It's better to make sure that you are keeping yourselves healthy than regret it eventually.

2. Florence

Florence New Member

I honestly don't remember the last time I stood on a shop asking for soda.I advocate for water.The more the sweet the more the danger. Some brands of soda have very high content of sugars and taking them regularly increases your chances of diseases like obesity.

3. AvadaObscura

AvadaObscura New Member

I subscribe to the belief that everything should be done in moderation. Yes, drinking water will always be the healthy choice, and yes, there are ways to spruce up water to get over any soda cravings. However, one or two cans of soda every couple of days, or even once a week won't be any more harmful to your body than a slice of cheesecake once in a while. Everything in moderation.

4. Turgo

Turgo New Member

How bad is soda for our health and can it help if we have it in moderation? It is worth noting that it is difficult to have sugar in moderation because sugar is in almost everything. On the other hand nutritionists recommend eight glasses of water per day for a reason. Water is free of calories and hydrates our bodies while sugar is full of sugar and calories and affect our health negatively.

5. Richard Angelo Luzon

Richard Angelo Luzon New Member

Water because our body need it badly and it is one of the act we do for us to have a healthy living. We must choose these choice for ourselves because water may be tasteless but your body feel refresged into it. Also our anatomy requires a lot of it in order to survive that's why we need to prioritize drinking it without anything else.

6. I_like_forums

I_like_forums New Member

You definitely need to drink water regardless. Think of soda as the chocolate cake of drinks. You can't just drink that, or drink that primarily. But it's not bad if you only drink it once in a while.

7. Babysudzz

Babysudzz New Member

If I was replying to this 6 months ago I'd say soda, but here we are 6 months after I decided that I did not want to intake soda anymore. Now I only drink water and personally it is probably the best decision I've made in a long time. Being that I am a dancer I need to stay hydrated and what better way than drinking a nice cold water. It is as refreshing as it sounds and for me much highly perferred than a soda that gives me bubble guts.:confused:

Rose61 likes this.
  8. Aimazing23

Aimazing23 New Member

It is easy to say water but living with a person who is addicted to soda drinks, it is very hard to say no. Especially when it is very cold and the weather is so hot because you are living on a tropical environment. So tempting! Given all the bad effects of soda on our body but still it is just hard to elliminate it. Honestly speaking.

9. Rose61

Rose61 New Member

You made the right decision. It is never too late to make the right decision. Soda is sweet and tempting. Many people are well aware that water has many health benefits than soda but are yet to deal with the craving for soda.Water will keep your body well hydrated as it is the fuel that the body needs.

10. Alphids

Alphids New Member

Water is life! And a gift from Mother Nature. To me, there is no discussion for which is better between the two. Water, especially pure is almost a hundred percent healthy. It has very little toxic chemicals and it is a natural hydrating and detox agent. The difference between pure water and the water in soda is that the latter is adulterated with many chemicals and additives, sometimes soda may also be contaminated through industrial handling and serving. We should not forget that water taken is very crucial for most of the body's metabolisms and helps in reducing body ailments.

Janis McCoy likes this.
  11. Jaye Candice Ramintas

Jaye Candice Ramintas New Member

Water or soda? Ofcourse dringking water is way more healthy if your goal is a healthy life but dringking one glass of soda once a week will not kill you aswell! So if the question is “which is better” then we all know the answer to that. I think I choose the two, water and soda. I always make sure I had my ten glasses of water everyday so why deprived myself of one soda a week? Hehehe

12. houd

houd New Member

Water all the way ! althought it's nice to have some soda every now and then but i don't think that you can compare these two !. Water is one of the most important elements in life ,our whole planet including us would never be able to survive without it .Water is so important when it comes to the human body as well , it helps detoxing, mantaining good health and hydrating , not to mention that our bodies consist of almost 70% of water.

On the other hand , soda is not that essential for our lives, it's rather something unhealthy that we only consume because of the good taste, it's full of sugar which causes temporary happiness but it's bad for the health and may cause severe health problems.