IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Wearable Technology

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by KimberlyD, Apr 13, 2015.

1. KimberlyD

KimberlyD New Member Moderator

I have been watching reports about wearable technology that have been in the works of late and the one that I am most interested in is the wrist android cellphone. Basically, it is a cellphone that holographicly appears on your wrist... I do have an issue with it.... I think I would look pretty ridiculous walking around talking into my arm. I know, I know... they are most likely going to be connected to a blue tooth device... LOL I just find this tech fascinating. They have been working on it for years, so far they have the holographic cell phone that projects from a cell into the air.... soon it will be a device on your arm that you can interact with and not have to carry around a electronic device other then something that fits on your fingers or wrist. What do you think of the idea?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Staff Member Administrator

I don't really think it would be weird talking into your arm. Everyone knows that when a person is holding something their ear, they are talking on the phone. People would eventually associate the same thing with talking into your arm.

You're right about the blue tooth though. I'm sure that's how they'd design it.

Julius Mathias likes this.
  3. Garnet King

Garnet King New Member

I think that’s a great idea and wearable is definitely the future, my only concern is that they aren't producing them fast enough. Also when it comes to the whole awkwardness of using these devices I think we eventually adapt to it.

4. gadin210

gadin210 New Member

I am craving a smartwatch. I am definitely turned off on the apple watch (what a rip off), but I personally like nearly all of the others. Me and my gf like the fitbits, we dont work out, but we like the step counter and sleep tracker in it. I want the Moto 360, but I dont have a compatible phone.

KimberlyD likes this.
  5. Julius Mathias

Julius Mathias New Member

For sure wearable are starting taking over the world of technology. In about 10 years time I don't think we will be needing to integrate smartphones with wearable's. I also think smartphones will die down because people will prefer wearable more.

6. beatrice83

beatrice83 New Member

I don't see why wearable technology won't eventually take over. We practically have our cell phones attached to us already. We might as well just wear them.

I currently have a Fitbit and love it. It definitely helps keep me motivated. I love how convenient it is. It's always right there on my wrist and I can easily keep track of my progress throughout the day.

Julius Mathias likes this.
  7. leonardo mclt

leonardo mclt New Member

I find it fascinating, too.
    The concept of wearable technology is spreading like a wild fire, more people is getting familiar with these "devices" (if we can call them like that). I think that people thought that mobile phones, when they were first invented, were fascinating, just as wearable technology, but they might have thought that it would look ridiculous to use them. So, when this kind of thechlogy is more complete, and almost fully developed, there will be no problem on using them, because it will be already a part of our life.

8. lachris15

lachris15 New Member

I think wearable technology is OK but I do not think it is as great as it could be just yet. I tried the Samsung watch but it has so many glitches. I would just look at my phone. If I did not need my phone than that would be better. Also they cost as much as a new phone but does not do enough for me. Now i am not ready for the holograms that is too much for me. I saw the one that you can get in the tub with and I do not trust it. I know its plenty of water proof electronics but that one seems a little faulty.

9. floerer

floerer New Member

I think that’s a great idea and wearable technology is the future. but I think more companies need to create smartwatches.
    My favorite smartwatch right now is the Moto360 that one looks awesome!

10. Invincible

Invincible New Member

One major device in the wearable tech these days is the samrtwatch.
    Smart watches don't appeal to me. I don't really see the benefit of having to manage two devices instead of just one. I thought the phone made the watch obsolete, but now phone companies are making watches. My friend has one and I was sitting across from him and saw him look at a watch notification, click something, then pull out his phone to respond to it. It just seemed like it was too much; I already find that I can sometimes lose 20 minutes or more just from looking at my phone then getting distracted with things on my phone other than what I originally looked at it for. I don't need a watch telling me to pull out my phone also.
    Besides smartwatches the common mass is yet to be introduced to other wearables.

KenBrace likes this.
  11. Odain

Odain New Member

I currently have a smart watch and it keeps track of my health and how much exercise I am getting. Wearable devices are getting popular right now and I am a big fan of it. I would never imagine that these devices would come to be so useful usually a watch was just for telling the time now everything changes when these technologies evolved.

12. Odain

Odain New Member

Over the last year or so wearable tech has gone mainstream, and the hottest devices are now ones that you can place on your wrists, arms and faces.

Wearables tech are getting very good at measuring us. They can track your heart rate, body fat, perspiration, health, temperature and muscle activity all by just touching your skin as well as movement, distance and speed using GPS, accelerometers and gyroscopes.