IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Weight loss is a "Mind over Matter" affair.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Chinenye Amah, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Chinenye Amah

Chinenye Amah New Member

I have been at the point of depression. People will mock me for being fat in public. Asking me to watch what I eat so I don't inconvenience others in public places.

I was hurt! I felt worthless when ever I'm treated that way in public. But I never stop eating wrongly. My eating habits was so wrong, and workout was never an option.

I was never in relationships as my partners don't stick around for too long. But luckily I met Adams. For the first time in my life I was in love, and wanted what we had to last. As usual he left, and I knew why.

Losing Adam was a blow to my entire life; my heart, and my self esteem. I reached out to him severally but he will just ignore. Until one day he deemed it fit to send me a text. Advising me to fix my unhealthy life before fixing my relationship.

I played the self pity card , tried coming off as the victim. I became very lonely and aggressive. Sinking more and more into depression. Then it happened! I saw a picture of Adams and his girlfriend on Facebook. She was looking all shades of cute. So this was what he wanted? Sexy and classy.

I was so hurt, but more ashamed of myself for letting what I eat control me. I cleared out my refrigerator, bought some workout clothes, as well as trainers. And that was it! When working out, I motivated myself with the picture of Adams and his girl. I will focus my mind on them and take my frustration out on the machines at the gym.

Yes! It payed off! I got a job, friends and boyfriend. Most importantly I got back my self esteem. The picture of Adam and his girl became what I used to escape the matter of cravings and pity. That became my mind over matter.

I hope this helps someone. You don't need to wait for your Adams. Find a reason to be healthy and alive.