IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the advantages of reading books?

Discussion in 'Education' started by inat, Apr 28, 2020.

1. inat

inat New Member

My face was glued to the book during report season that was way back in high school. I was at the edge of my sit when new vocabularies and so many things I learn along the way. I only get to have breaks during eating or going to the comfort room. I have my head up high that I have finished reading an entire booklet from cover to cover when I talked with my classmates. One of the publication that I have tackled are Charlotte's Web and When Science Fails. I have noticed that this activity caused me to score high on test and comprehend faster questions in mathematics as well. If you understand fully the instruction most likely you'll be able to get the correct formula or answers. I was able to focus more, increased my cognition and improved my verbal and writing skills. I was able to apply immediately some of the new words that I've encountered, or words I'm familiar with, but I'm speechless to try out.
    Always be careful to take care of your eyes when reading. I suggest to study tips on proper ways of reading. If you like hard cover with pictures like me or just a slim brochure with all words, it's up to you as long you enjoy what you're reading. So go ahead and grab a book that most interest you!

2. Terezia

Terezia New Member

Thank you for this usefull post. In my opinion, the biggest advantage of reading books is that we can pursue new skills. In addition, we can learn new words and phrases in a new language.
    My fy favourite books are psychologicall books, because I would like to pursue a deggree in this area. When I have read my first book in the topic, I have been surprised the result of that. New skills have begin to develope(E.G. skills in counseling, questioning techniques). So, I can recommend to read books everyone.

3. bskanth

bskanth New Member

I read books mainly since I think it is relaxing and also a secure method to receive a way out of reality. I began reading through at quite a young age and that I feel I was not searching for some benefits or advantages afterward. Reading books additionally offers you benefit over the conclusion once you, regularly, gain much more understanding in a given area.

4. rockonrover

rockonrover New Member

Improved vocabulary, advance knowledge, good memories of book, a friend etc. Book reading is one of the best hobbies that a person can have. All book readers are smart and very humble persons. They all have a very sweet personality in common.

5. knightkat96

knightkat96 New Member

There are many advantages to reading books instead of reading off of your screen. As you may already know, looking at a screen for a long time will hurt your eyes. If you read a book, however, it will hurt your eyes much less. Reading also helps me relax after a long day, it's even better with a hot cup of coffee or tea! Reading is also a fantastic way to ease into your day! Not only does it do all of that, but it can also improve your vocabulary, teach you something, or allow you to have a wonderful discussion with a friend or co-worker!

6. bilalgul

bilalgul New Member

Catharsis. Yes that is what I seek in books above anything else. It dissipates all of my negative energy. I get peace of mind while I am reading a book. It also gives me a fresh start and new ideas.

7. Supreme91

Supreme91 New Member

Being eloquent in most situations, impressive vocabulary and a lot of other benefits. You can easily estimate if someone has been reading just by person's vocabulary and implementation of new words into conversation.
    Also there is an advantage where person is learning new things which could be transferred to real life.

8. xanthippe

xanthippe New Member

There are many benefits of reading books. It expands your vocabulary and knowledge. Many books teach valuable lessons that can be applied to your life. Fiction books expand your imagination. You can learn so many things from reading. :)

9. purpleee

purpleee New Member

Books help you retain the meanings of complicated words and help you converse more easily with people. When you're at school, books increase your knowledge depending on what the book is about. Aside from the knowledge you get, you learn more about how words are supposed to be used in sentences. When you encounter unfamiliar words, you tend to look for its meaning which gives you knowledge about that word. In conversations, you can quote some sentences from books that could support what you're saying to someone.

10. sherman198

sherman198 New Member

Reading books gives you the best set of abilities. Firstly, you get to have good writing skills and fast comprehension. And you will know about things happening. It gives you different experiences about so many things. And you will know words.

11. Basil Okello

Basil Okello New Member

Book readers have been shown to have richer vocabulary, making it easier for them to find the best expression for everything they want to say to others. In general, the more you read, the wider your vocabulary becomes. Plus, books are definitely a treasure trove of knowledge!

12. Jethro Roland Danocup

Jethro Roland Danocup New Member

Reading books for me can let you discover that you still have lots to learn. It will motivate you to study and you will gain knowledge. Constant reading of books can make someone's mind even sharper than they were before. Reading books continouosly for me is a talent. Attention span for those people who read until the last part of it is high. I'm quite jealous of that but I still learn even in a different way aside this.

13. Jessica Thienes

Jessica Thienes New Member

Where do I begin? I read somewhere, "No one can truly be isolated if they have access to a library." I believe that's true with all of my heart. Books not only take you to different places (although that in itself is wonderful) but they also introduce you to new people or characters and new ideas.

I've always believed that the world would be a better place if everyone simply read more books and read a large variety. If I never in my lifetime have the chance to go to India, at least I can read the description of it from someone who has lived there all of their life and therefore I can appreciate it's culture. If I've never met the man who climbed Everest, at least I can read his thoughts on the process of getting there and achieving the climb.

The written word is one of mankind's greatest achievements in our history. It is how we know who we are. It is how we share our stories, be they fictional or real. It is how we remember our childhoods and how we continue to explore, even if we never leave our seat.

14. Hanson

Hanson New Member

From what I know a society that dosen't have educated people is an un-civilized society,we need to read alot of books to improve the quality of our knowledge,books help us in so many ways,its enlighten us on how to live our daily live perfectly.
    If reading wasn't important then what is the need for education?we need to read extensively to improve the quality of knowledge we already had.

15. Ofonime Udo

Ofonime Udo New Member

Reading is one of the most important thing in human life,if you can take a look at some society you will fine out that a society that has people who are well educated seems to do something differently with a society that has un-civilize and none educated people.we read books to improve the quality of our knowledge in a field that we have no experience about.reading help widen our knowledge and enlighten us about a particular subject that we need to know.so reading is very important both for teenager and adult