IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the best TV series that you ever watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by a10rodrigues, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Joyce McGregor

Joyce McGregor New Member

I have been a fan of Big Bang Theory for many years. I also like Haven, Last Ship, Falling Skies, Perception and Elementary. Haven is about a town where strange happenings are connected to people. Last Ship is about a Navy ship whose crew has been spared being infected with a disease that is wiping out manking and they have a doctor on board who is trying to find a cure. Perception is about a college professor who has mental health issues and he helps the police solve crimes with the help of people he sees in his mind. Elementary is about a character who helps the police solve crimes along with his female room mate.

2. arthurchappell

arthurchappell New Member

The Prisoner, the original version starring Patrick McGoohan. It was very surreal and unlike anything I saw before as a child. It was manic and totally impossible to see where the plot was going. Most of its questions on identity were never answered. Glorious.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  3. INSonline

INSonline New Member

I have big list of favorite tv shows but Orange is the new black is best.

Darkly comical, pensive and striking.

It’s not fairly precise to praise the cast, because it’s the excellent group who rocked the show with the assist of brand writing and thoughtful character evolution.

4. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

My favorite show is Supernatural as well, just finished the 10th season and cannot wait for the 11th season to premiere. I love all the ghost stories and the demons in the show.

My second favorite would have to be the Walking Dead. I also enjoy zombie stories very much and this show has everything I could ever want in a zombie story. Cannot wait for the 6th season to start.

5. robeen05

robeen05 New Member

Supernatural is the best series i have ever seen in my whole life . and Dean is my favorite character of all time , He has the features of the professional actor .There is also Vampire Diaries's Damon Salvatore (Stefen's brother) , Sometimes i see a lot of pain in his eyes and my tears start flowing
    Involuntarily.

6. Susan

Susan New Member

I have watched a number of series over the years and there has been so many good ones. I was really sad when some of them came to an end. My favorite series of all time was Sons of Anarchy. The moment I started watching it I was hooked. I was, also, a huge fan of Breaking Bad and Dexter which we all know also ended. Some of the other series I enjoy are Suits, The Walking Dead, The Whispers, The Vikings and Under The Dome. There are probably a lot more others that I could add to the list. I always enjoy watching the pilot of a new series when it comes out to see if it is something I would enjoy. Some of them are really good and some of them are not so good!

7. coldburrito

coldburrito New Member

What I discovered with my TV-watching habits is that I really enjoy series' that tries to make ordinary life fascinating. That said, I absolutely loved Breaking Bad, although calling Walter White's life ordinary seems like a stretch. The constant problems he has to deal with everyday--from his family, the DEA, and the cartel--never fails to put me at the edge of my seat. His downward spiral from family man to a meth kingpin was enjoyable to watch. I always found myself sympathizing with him, despite the number of people he's offed in his long journey. Breaking Bad is an absolute classic that everyone should watch.

8. Donz

Donz New Member

This is such a broad question. There are so many genres of TV shows but if I have to choose, I would say Game of Thrones, Humans (from AMC), and The Walking Dead.

For those of you who are not familiar with Humans; it is a TV show about human robots that are conscious and who have the ability to feel. It is a futuristic movie about the relationship of these synthetics to the society. The acting is remarkable and it will make you forget that the actors playing these robots are human beings.

9. haileyg330

haileyg330 New Member

I have to say Gossip Girl is the best t.v. show I've ever watched. Yes, it does seem a little over the top for teens like me who live in a much smaller city. But, there is a lot of truth to the show also. The Upper East Side is actually very much like how they present it in the show. The plot and story lines are always VERY interested. While I was watching this show I would have my father watch with me, and believe it or not even he enjoyed it. It was very nice to bond and chat about the new plot twist that just about every two episodes had!

10. Odain

Odain New Member

It's not just a cartoon. It has mature themes of war, of happiness , of right and wrong. The character development and emphasis that there is not only good and bad, but a mixture of both. The power each of us has in ourselves, and what it means to be good to people.

It is really an awesome show. With some cool element bending entwined. Just watch it if you haven't, you won't stop watching it.

11. p4lse

p4lse New Member

Game of Thrones is absolutely the top in my list. The exquisite cinematography and the complicated storyline with a stellar cast makes it stellar. Another show I liked is True Detective. The storytelling is top notch and the plot is also great. For a different genre, I'd say Pretty Little Liars is pretty good. It's a show with a central plot yet has a feel good touch to it.

12. Red-z

Red-z New Member

If I’m allowed to choose many; I would take Friends, The X-Files, and CSI Las Vegas. It’s easy for me to pick those three among the others, but it’s extremely hard for me to choose which one of them is the best.

13. kenzenith

kenzenith New Member

I've only seen a handful of television series but I could say that The Walking Dead was my favorite. I was never a fan of horror series, but The Walking Dead is an exemption.I really love the actors, the amazing action scenes, and the bizarre zombie cosmetics. I also like how the story flows because you could easily catch up if you've missed an episode. I hope that October will come fast, so I'll get new episodes again.

14. Vinaya

Vinaya New Member

I don't watch TV series much. Actually, I don't have that kind of passion to watch the installments every week. Having said that I have also watched some series and really liked them.

Rome is one of the best series I have ever watched. It was aired on HBO. When the series ended, I waited eagerly for second season.

Spartacus is another TV series that I liked very much. It was also aired on HBO.

I have also watched TV series in Hindi language. Mahabharata and Chanakya are some of my favorite series that I watched on Indian Television.

Binu likes this.
  15. timothy_2003esc

timothy_2003esc New Member

I really liked Arrow. I only watched 2 seasons of it, but that's pretty good considering I don't really get into watching series. Some series drag on and seem like they are never going to end and that's why I get sick of them.

16. liza obando

liza obando New Member

Is it cliche to say The Wire, because I hope not? It truly does deserve all the acclaim it gets, even though it may not hold the suspense and tension of some other series. I think it truly depicts television as a form of art, the writing in it is superb, each episode containing hundreds of quotes that could (and should) be repeated in every day life. Also, I really dig how it shows that both the police and drug dealers are equally genius and stupid, not boring stereotypes that are shown in other television series. Overall, I'd say it should be binged, quickly and effectively, then everyone can see why it deserves the attention.

17. Barbara Martins

Barbara Martins New Member

Well, I am kind of addicted to TV Series, so there are lots of them that I like. That is why it is hard to choose a favorite one only, so I will list some. I would say that Prison Break is my favorite serial drama. When I first watched it, I got myself so envolved in the story that I finished the entire first season in less than one week. It is fascinating!
    I cannot talk about TV Series without to mention Friends! It is undoubtedly my favorite comedy series! I love those six guys. They are funny, and I do not get tired of watch it. It is unbelieveble how a story which was made many years ago is still nowaday.
    I also like police series. My favorites are CSI and Lie to Me.

18. IWriteTheStuff

IWriteTheStuff New Member

This is going to date me pretty badly, but thee best TV series I've watched is Family. The show ran on ABC from 1976-80. It focused on the everyday lives of the Lawrence family as they tacked tough subjects of the time including teenage alcoholism, stalking, suicide and homosexuality. The show and acting were awarded with several Emmy Awards including acting wins to Sada Thompson, Gary Frank, and Kristy McNichol.

I've always loved the show for it's simplicity and honesty. I doesn't try to preach or manipulate. It presented a very likable and relatable family for its time and won my heart with the first episode.

19. Jamsh

Jamsh New Member

I can't pick one, so I'll have to pick 3;

Game of Thrones - George RR Martin is quite easily one of the best writers alive today. The adaption to the screen works perfectly, and Seasons 1 - 6 are perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Season 7 though... eh.

The Walking Dead - Another one that hasn't been at its best recently, but the early seasons deserve all the excellent praise they get, just as the more recent episodes deserve the criticism they're getting. Despite it losing some viewers recently, I refuse to drop it, because it still has great moments.

Arrested Development - Yeah, this is a bit different to the other one's, but I'm convinced that this is the best comedy series ever written. Despite the fact that it started back in 2006, it has running jokes from that first season that you can still see being told today, and that's a clear sign of just how good this is.

20. dom94

dom94 New Member

Definitely Criminal Minds! I had been watching this series ever since season 1 and it did not disappoint. It is about FBI's Behavioural Analysis Unit profiling criminals in order to solve crimes. I love the diversity of the characters since they each have different personalities that put the show together. There are also many twists and themes that would totally make this show interesting to watch. Currently, there are on their 13th season!