IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the best TV series that you ever watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by a10rodrigues, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Famsin

Famsin New Member

''24 hours'' ,''how to get away with murder'' and ''Game of thrones''are my favorite T.V series of all time. All these three movies are so interesting, and what i love about these movies is that you can't anticipate what will happen next. The movies are full of intrigue and the end of each episode makes you want to watch the next. These movies are so fascinating.

2. Milay

Milay New Member

The best series I have watched would probably have to be Crisis. The unpredictability of the events that occur throughout the whole series is unlike anything I have watched before. The action and drama within the series and the suspense always kept me looking forward to the next episode. It was short but by far the best series I have watched in a long time.

A few honorary mentions would be Allegiance, Person of Interest, Supernatural and The Witches of East End.

3. Kitcat

Kitcat New Member

I'm a huge game of thrones fan,both books and tv show. Breaking bad,the wire and the americans are superb but I want to suggest to you Sense 8.

I went in purely hoping to just watch another mediocre scifi-like show to pass time but at the end I was floored. The writing is brilliant, the story flows and is well told, each of the sensates has a life outside of just being a sensate and in the end you're not even sure you can choose your favourite character because they are all so beautifully flawed. You end feeling their victories and joys and pain as your own. I choose this cause I honestly did not expect it to be that good.

P.S give it time...the story line is not as obvious as most people are used to. Requires a bit of concentration at times.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. Kitcat

Kitcat New Member

I'm a huge game of thrones fan,both books and tv show. Breaking bad,the wire and the americans are superb but I want to suggest to you sense 8.

I went in purely hoping to just watch another mediocre scifi-like show to pass time but at the end I was floored. The writing is brilliant, the story flows and is well told, each of the sensates has a life outside of just being a sensate and in the end you're not even sure you can choose your favourite character because they are all so beautifully flawed. You end feeling their victories and joys and pain as your own. I choose this cause I honestly did not expect it to be that good.

P.S give it time...the story line is not as obvious as most people are used to. Requires a bit of concentration at times.

5. Vince

Vince New Member

The best TV series that I ever watched is Heroes. I like what a10rodrigues said. I like also Supernatural and Smallville, but the best for me is Heroes. I like those TV series which introduces superpowers. Heroes is a TV series that is very thrilling for me. The characters in Heroes are unbelievable. What I like the most in Heroes is Hiro, he travels in time and can do teleportation. I really like the story of Heroes TV series and how the storyline was made.

I wish I can travel in time too!

6. AngieW

AngieW New Member

I love Big Bang Theory. The characters are all great and the story lines are funny. Plus Sheldon cracks me up.

A few months ago I binge watched Santa Clarita Diet. Wow, this was an amazing show. The plot was amazing. Drew Barrymore did a fantastic job on this and the way they ended the series just left me wanting more and more. Can not wait for it to come out for the second season. If you have not seen this, you must! If you love anything to do with Zombies, then this show is for you.

7. aly.cam

aly.cam New Member

The show that had the greatest impact on me was 'Lost,' by Jeffrey Lieber, J. J. Abrams, and Damon Lindelof. I watch comedies to pass the time, and action-packed adventures for the rush of adrenaline, but this iconic show tops the list. Nothing compares to the dramatic acting, intricate plot and twist ending. Each episode leaves viewers looking further into philosophical issues and wanting to play the next episode.

8. ramos12312

ramos12312 New Member

I have 3 favorite TV series which are Lucifer, Big Bang Theory and Scorpion. I love Lucifer for only one reason, which is the main character Lucifer itself because he can make people tell their deep dark secret and I really want to have that ability. Next is The Big Bang Theory, not just because it's funny but also because I can learn from the show, I mean the real learning of science, who doesn't want to learn while laughing right? Last but never the less is Scorpion, as an IT student I really love watching hacking movies and series but my favorite character in the series is Toby Curtis, He's a behaviorist a phycology doctor that is really good in reading of behavior.

9. Lee11

Lee11 New Member

The BEST t.v series that I ever watched was Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. I am revealing my age by admitting that. :) Other series I really enjoyed was Supernatural, Lost, Fringe and Heroes.

I am also a big fan of comedy so I am watching shows like Friends, Big Bang Theory and Black-ish at the moment.

Black-ish is my latest favorite comedy show. It is about a successful family that try to keep their children grounded in their heritage. It's funny for sure.

10. njigs

njigs New Member

As a fan of epic series, I would definitely choose a series like Vikings or Spartacus. They vividly reveal to us how historical occurrences took place. They also depict the culture, the society and the rules and regulations of communities in the ancient times. I find it enlivening to see how people in the past used to live since mankind has become civilised over time.
    Take for example the series Vikings.

Vikings is starred by Travis Fimmel who goes by the name Ragnar Lothbrok. Ragnar Lothbrok was a legendary Norse hero who was mentioned in several Icelandic sagas and old Norse skaldic poems. The series shows how vikings used to raid kingdoms and defeat them. To add onto that it also shows how sly they were and how they used fascinating tactics to defeat their opponents. Vikings is my all time favourite series.

Lillymunyua likes this.
  11. Nerdy

Nerdy New Member

I have to say that Mr. Bean is my favourite too, the fact that they have turned the series into a cartoon series make it even more epic. My other favourite are the following: The Good Wife, Being Mary Jane, Suits, The Fixer, The Sopranos, Empire, Vampire diaries, Zoo and The Originals.

What all of them have in common is a good compelling storyline, you can't predict what is going to happen next and they always have me at the edge of my seat.

12. raindrop

raindrop New Member

I'm surprised so few people have mentioned Friends in this post. Is there a TV show you can watch over and over and still find it as entertaining as the first time (whether it's drama, comedy, horror, etc.)? That's what Friends is! It gives me such a nice homey feeling every time I see it, it never fails to make me laugh, and it's just overall a brilliant show! I don't believe for a second there are people who have given it a chance and hated it.

13. rinklea

rinklea New Member

I have watched FRIENDS for like a couple of times now and still always stop to watch it again and again.It is an epic show with a fantastic plot and cast and never fails to crack me up no matter how many times I have watched a particular episode.This series releases all of my stress and even teaches about stuff like friendship and relationships.Each episode has its uniqueness and that is why it is my favorite TV series.

14. Joseph Watema

Joseph Watema New Member

Goodness, I got hooked to that show! My favorite character was T Bag. I've always been attracted to villainous characters. I can't waste my sympathy on a hero because everyone's geeking out on them. Plus, there was lots of character development based around him and he brought out the most in all other characters.

My best show ever though is "The Blacklist". Now that was some suspense right there. Not your regular series with blatant fillers just to take up television time.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  15. Huz

Huz New Member

I really liked Netflix's 'Stranger Things' saga. I loved the way they developed their characters, from the no-nonsense cop dad Jim Hopper to the all-time favorite babysitter Steve Harrington. The horror element of the series was refreshing.

However, like most fans, I did not like 'The Lost Sister' episode from season 2. I actually liked the character of Kali, but if she had a more prominent role and if the episode hadn't omitted other characters' story lines, I might have enjoyed that episode.

16. Lahn

Lahn New Member

There are tons of TV shows that I've watched before, from horror, action, sci-fi, rom-com, heavy drama, mystery to fantasy and I certainly love them all. But one of the best TV shows for me would be AMC's "The Walking Dead". Although it is very horrifying and apocalyptic, it still has a little bit of humor in it, as well as drama and romance. Next would be "Arrow" because who wouldn't love Oliver Queen, right?? I am such a fan of superheroes fighting crimes and I think "Olicity" is the cutest couple ever.

I like "Supernatural", "Stranger Things" and "Heroes", too which all has unique stories but somehow has the same genres. Last but not the least is "Once Upon A Time" because I love fairytales and I was really amazed by how the story goes, the twists and turns and how they were able to connect each of the fairytale characters.

17. Jean Abreu

Jean Abreu New Member

I love How I met Your Mother. This show has so many interesting things to offer. Barney is the funniest and most interesting character here. The romance and quest for true love and finally get married that Ted so much crave is really nice. The comedy on this show is top notch. I have watched this show so many times. I really recommend this show to the people who has not seen it yet. It will be totally worth it.

18. Vash

Vash New Member

One of the best television series that I've watched was the season 1 of Claws which was premiered last June 11, 2017. It is about a drug runner who also runs a legit salon. She is trying to get out of the game but keeps running on issues along the way. I just love the sense of humor, the vibrant dialogue and the never lacks of energy casts, especially Niecy Nash, Judy Reyes and Carrie Preston. Watching this show just brightens up my day and puts me in a good mood.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  19. Wioletta

Wioletta New Member

Best tv series I've watched is either Greys Anatomy or One Tree Hill. Both are filled full of drama, heartbreak, and comedy. They will make you cry just to make you cry then minutes later. They know how to entice a watcher to want more of the story and to be feel like your personally involved in the characters life. Almost as if it's happening to you. They have many stories that are real time many of us in our lives, making them relatable to any age group or gender.

20. Bill Arens

Bill Arens New Member

It's actually hard to choose which one is the best TV shows for me but since I started watching shows in Netflix a few months ago, I've found the "Alienist" series which was held in England. It got my attention and made me want to watch it right away. The expression of the main cast is very realistic and the outcome of the story is very unpredictable. The characters are also unique which helped me to understand how a man can react in tough situations. I'm actually looking forward to watching another season of "Alienist" and hopefully, it'll come out soon.