IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the best TV series that you ever watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by a10rodrigues, Jul 1, 2015.

1. SweetLang

SweetLang New Member

I haven't watched that many TV series but I'd have to say that LOST is the best I've seen. It may have fallen from grace on the latter seasons but the first three seasons are superb. The show was really gripping particularly for those first seasons when the mystery and lore was being laid out. The show's highs more than make up for the so-so finale.

2. Alli

Alli New Member

My all time favourite t.v series has to be Stranger Things! This show is classified as science-fiction, but it has a lot of horror and mystery elements. Personally, I do not enjoy science fiction, so I was quite surprised when I binged watched the entire first season in one day. The show is about a group of friends from the 80's. In the first episode, one of the boys (Will), goes missing. His friends set out to find him, but after meeting a young girl with supernatural powers, they realize that this is not a normal disappearance.

I would highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys thrillers, mystery, and the super natural! The show was such a success that they released a second season back in October, and a third season will be released in 2019.

3. leoad16

leoad16 New Member

One of my favorite shows is "Faking It". A show about closest companions choosing to take on the appearance of a lesbian couple with a specific end goal to enhance their fame.It turned out to one of my favorite shows.Their hasn't been two real lesbians being best friends on American TV in high school since South of Nowhere or Degrassi aired on TV.The story, which takes after closest companions Amy and Karma take's identity mixed up for a lesbian couple at a ultra-liberal secondary school as a brilliant chance to enhance their social standing, isn't around two phony lesbians; it's around one phony lesbian and one extremely befuddled closest companion who is presumably a real lesbian. Truth be told, it's the phony relationship that empowers Amy's progressive disclosure of her life, and it occurs in a way that a great deal of strange ladies can identify with.

4. Charnell

Charnell New Member

One of the greatest television shows ever created in my opinion is The West Wing. The writing and topics on that show have managed to remain poignant, eloquent, and interesting far beyond its time on air. A few of my other favorites are "Law and Order: SVU", "The Office", and "Doctor Who".

5. Paufa

Paufa New Member

I used to be a big fan of the franchise, but now the storyline is getting quite screwed up. I feel like the writers are running out of ideas on what new and exciting things to bring into each season. After Ward's betrayal, the story became really messed up. Now with the inhumans and life model decoys, I feel like things are starting to get a little out of hand.

6. mark

mark New Member

I like watching Korean television series because they have a nice plot and for some reason, I am always amazed with the imagination of their story writers. They have a mix of different time period plots from pre-war, modern and futuristic. They make sure that each story line that they make will have a unique twist that will make the viewers continue watching it until the end episode. I always like fantasy stories and that is when I started watching the Love from the Star. It is interesting as the hero has powers as he came from outer space while the heroine is a famous conceited actress. The plot of how they met from their past lives was really interesting. I also love how they writers created the character developments of the main cast as it really showed how the things that happened to their lives changed their outlook and perspective. I will definitely recommend this series to anyone!

7. Twentysix76

Twentysix76 New Member

I am addisted to TV series, It started when I have watched Greys Anatomy, I love the actors they portrayed their part very well, what is best is their story, they showcase medical scenarios and our everyday life of struggles, failures and happiness. Another series was Walking dead, I also the story the way they make you want to watch more every ending of each episode.

I have also watched vampire diaries, heroes, orange is black, and others.
    I like TV series more than watching movie because of their stories that is ellaborately done rather than in movies.

8. amethyst

amethyst New Member

There are actually a lot and it would take much time if I try to list them all down. But most of the TV Series that I really love are old ones and have ended already. Trimming down my list, I would be discussing briefly my top 3.

First on my list is 7th Heaven. It was a very old TV Series which debuted on 1996 and with final episode aired on 2007. Not sure if any of you were able to watch this but this is one of the best family oriented show that I really enjoyed watching. Its story revolved around the lives of Camden family, basically the challenges they face as a family. It was very relevant especially to me during that time because it tackles the issues being dealt with by teenagers and the importance of the role of the parent and the family as a whole.

Also on my top 3 is Charmed (the original version) because if I'm not mistaken a reboot of this TV Series is currently airing. Just like 7th Heaven this is also one of the longest running TV series which aired from 1998 until 2006. The story of the powerful witch sisters got me really hooked and I could not even recall how many times I have rewatched this. It open my eyes to the world of witches, whitelighter, book of shadows, and a lot more.

The third one is Pretty Little Liars. This TV series just ended last 2017, with story developed by Marlene King based on a novel by Sara Shepard. It is one of a kind TV series full of mystery and secrets. Each episode is a must watch and you could not afford to miss with its constant plot twist and cliffhanger. I recommend this one especially for those who love mystery thriller and enjoys playing detective and using skills in deduction and analyzing clues. However if your going to, please be warned that this is not a series to watch just to kill time as you would definitely be hooked once you started watching.

9. agbuyarashel

agbuyarashel New Member

Mostly Korean series and I only have finished a few American series such as Vampire Diaries and Stranger Things because kdramas are more accessible for us, we don't need to pay to subscribe for Netflix every month.

I thought I won't like American series because they don't have subtitle and they speak fast and have accent but I'm wrong they have different level in different aspects compared to kdramas, the editing, cinematography and so on gives me extra chill. I hope I can see or watch more of American series.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  10. Rebelta James

Rebelta James New Member

I would say Smart Guy, Family Matters and anime. I would also go with Looney Tunes from back and also other cartoons. I can also say Friends as well.

11. ichipink

ichipink New Member

I have watched a lot of TV series already, and it is so hard to choose the best among them. Some of the best series I have watched are I think the same as what you guys have watched as well. Even if it will seem repeated, I will be enumerating them anyway.

First is the "Supernatural". The Winchester brothers are just so adorable for me. I like how funny Dean is but still, very dependable. And Sam is the smart and serious one. It's sad that season 12 will be their last.

Pretty Little Liars is one of my favorites. I can relate to how intact the girls' friendship are just like me and my friends were in high school. Another reason that made this one of the best series is the mystery. You keep on anticipating what will happen next. And to prove its success, a sequel to the original series was broadcast.

I think that is enough for now. It would take me longer if I give all the best series I have watched. But those two are on the top of my best series.

12. MCHARLEY

MCHARLEY New Member

One of the best series I have watched is FRIENDS and I would like to think there are a few reasons as to why.

For one, I love watching comedy shows and if you know FRIENDS, you know that theh are hilarious in their own ways. All the car members love to play pranks on each other in reality so it makes them have a unique bond on set.

Another reason why FRIENDS is one of the best series I have watched is because of bond that the characters share. I love watching them play pranks on each other, put each other in outrageous situations, and even to fighting. I love the series so much that I have watched the full sitcoms, from episode one to the end, four times!