IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the issues with the schooling system?

Discussion in 'Education' started by lgund77, May 28, 2020.

1. lgund77

lgund77 New Member

Throughout my life, I have done quite well in school. That is not to brag- it is merely to explain my point of view. Even though I have exceeded in this aspect of life, I could care less. It does not matter. I have learned very few things that I have or will be able to apply to my life. I have learned far more on my own than I ever have in school.

Most of the subjects in school are entirely useless. I think the schooling system should be completely transformed into something which will actually help students with their life. For example, most schools have very poor financial programs. Most students have no idea how to invest, save, or file taxes. These are essential life skills that we do not learn. Imagine if these topics were hammered into us as much as math was.

I want to hear your thoughts on what steps could be taken to redo the schooling system.

2. xanthippe

xanthippe New Member

I completely agree with you, Igund77. I've always done well in school but almost everything that I've learned, doesn't apply to my life or benefit me. I think the school system should teach life skills in high school. They should teach about money management, time management, and taxes.

I think to start off, they should change the requirements a student must have in order to graduate. For example, in California, we have to have our A-G requirements. I think they should replace several of the requirements with classes that will teach things that adults face in their life.