IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are the positive effect of singing?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Terezia, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Terezia

Terezia New Member

In this thread, I would like to talk about positive effects of singing, no matter are you professional, or not. Before I have begin university, I wanted to start a professional singer karaoke, so I have learnt a lot of to sing.
    When I sang, my heart was full of beans. I could let all of my tensions.
    I am singing a lot now as well. It makes me feel relaxed in challenging times and it is so fun. I am singing a lot in my spare time, because it has many positive effects.
    We can reduce stress with that and give lots of love with our voice. It is not a problem if we hav not good voice, we can sing just for fun. Singing makes positive effect to health. It makes our muscles move and we can develope our lungs with that.

2. cyan

cyan New Member

I also wanted to learn how to sing! I tried once, but I gave up pretty fastly. I saw some changes in my voice though, so I think everyone can learn how to play with their voices and sing well. In addition to what you said about helping our physical health, I would also say it can really help the mental state. It can really be a relaxing activity and it a really good hobby.

3. Terezia

Terezia New Member

I'm so thrilled to hear from you again, @cyan! Thank you for your amazing repplies. :)Have you ever considered to join a virtual choir? I will try it now, I think it's so interesting.

cyan likes this.
  4. cyan

cyan New Member

Oh, your posts are very insightful, I aprecciate them. :) I've never heard about a virtual choir. How does it work? Looks fun!

5. KQBobbs

KQBobbs New Member

Virtual choirs are so cool! In short, you record a video of yourself singing a voice part from the song the choir is doing; you'll have a recorded video of a conductor to sing with so all the singers sync up.

Then, you submit it and someone edits them together to make them a choir! If you're interested in seeing something like that, I'd recommend Eric Whitacre. He puts out a request for video submissions to do one of his works at least once a year and he's had thousands of people do it over the last 8-10 years at least. Hope that helps!

6. KQBobbs

KQBobbs New Member

Singing is such a great thing to do in general, I hope you never stop doing it!

I've found it positive because it helps me express myself when I'm searching for the right thing to say. If I'm at a loss for words, I'll find a song that helps me get my point across and either solidify my, already, positive mood or help get me there!