IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are your favorite flowers?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Sunflower_Michele54, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

My favorite flowers are sunflowers and roses. I just love the brightness and the sun-shaped structures of sunflowers. They also remind me of summer, which is my favorite season of the year. I have a friend who would also call me 'sunflower' as a pet name.

Roses have a beautiful formation that is hard for me to describe. Nonetheless, I love them. My favorite rose colors are red and pink. They also make a wonderful gift, especially for Valentine's Day. Honestly, I love giving roses to my female loved ones the most because they symbolize love.

What are your favorite flowers, and why?

cmoneyspinner likes this.
  2. bella556

bella556 Member

Red roses,mums, and Easter lilies are my favorites. When my son was born I got yellow roses from his father for giving him a son. Later I would plant rose bushes and mums on the side yard. One year I planted a yellow mixed with orange rose bush. These flowers bloomed for many years in the side yard. Later I got white lilies for many Easter plants. The beauty of the plant was to remember the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

3. mimi

mimi New Member

For me, it's Orchid. Because my late mom really love it. Because it's really beautiful. Because it does somehow provide warmth each time I see it. One of my wish is to open a garden of orchid dedicated for my mom. Now I miss my mom...

4. misskayce

misskayce New Member

It is difficult for me to pick a favorite as I love them all.I am not sure what they are actually called but my mother had some flowers she called Grandma Whiskers.The unusual appearance of them made them quite unique.If I had to pick a favorite that would be it.

5. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

My favorite flower is the Hibiscus flower because it is beautiful and diverse. It comes in many different sizes and colours, mainly Red. It is often used to highlight one's beauty by being placed in one's hair.

It smells fragrant. It is used to make perfumes, body splashes and other beauty products. It deodorizes also, so it is great to keep in your yard or house.

In addition, it has numerous health benefits. It can be boiled then drank as tea. It tastes delicious and cures many ailments because it strengthens the immune system by contributing many essential minerals and other nutrients .

6. vrenelli

vrenelli New Member

Yellow rose is my top pick. Not red, but yellow roses. Canary yellow has always been my favourite colour.

I don't know why it reminds me of Belle (from Beauty and the Beast). Perhaps it was her dress? Ironically, Belle is my favourite Disney princess. The colour yellow also symbolises the colour of the sunshine, hope, and happiness, freshness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, honour, loyalty, and joy AND to see it in a rose truly amazes me.

7. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

There is no doubt that I love the red roses.They have a different charm and attractive color than any other flowers.I have planted so many plants of red roses in my garden.I feel very happy when I sit near these flowers.I am totally attracted towards the beauty and brightness of these flowers.

8. Lala1023

Lala1023 New Member

I love nature so I really care to our environment but when it comes to favorite flowers, I choose sun flower and red roses. I love sun flower because of its vibrant color. I also love red roses because it is so romantic when you received even a piece of it.

9. HazelDJ

HazelDJ New Member

I like orchids. It is so beautiful especially when the flowers bloom. It looks like a bouquet. I like its colors. Orchids flowers are not easily withered. They sometimes stay in its stem two to three weeks before the petals start to fall. Here in the Philippines, we have a very rare kind of orchid called Waling-waling. The indigenous people get it from the top of the tall trees located in the mountains of Davao. Its price is so costly that only rich people can buy it. How I wish I could have it someday.

10. Garret

Garret New Member

I really love sunflowers. The way that they stand tall in groups and have a genuinely sunny disposition like myself really makes them a favorite of mine.

I also remember growing sunflowers as a kid and being amazed once they were fully grown.

11. Eden Mae Dela Cruz

Eden Mae Dela Cruz New Member

Tulips are my favorite flowers. I love how simple they look like yet very classy. It's expensive here in the Philippines because tulips here are imported from Holland. I think it's impossible to grow it here because of our tropical weather. Tulips only grow in cold places.

12. beenarabdi

beenarabdi New Member

I don't just love flowering plants, I also love beautiful shrubs. Lemon verbena, Geraniums, Frangipani, Star jasmine, Daffodils and Roses among others.
    Shrubs can make a nice backbone of a garden if you choose lovely scented shrubs like lemon verbena which has a lemon scented aroma when leaves are crushed. Lavenders and Rosemary are cool too.
    I love Brunfelsia because it produces strongly perfumed purple flowers. Then roses too are amazing especially when they open their buds they release sweet scent.
    I cannot imagine living in a place that has no flowers at all.

13. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

When I was a child my favorite flowers were many. I grew up in Florida and there was an abundance of flowers. My two faves were bougainvilleas (pic) and the hibiscus. Later on I found a flower called African violet and once I was given an orchid as a gift. They were added to my faves list. But now that I am much older and started following certain nature photographers and artists around the web, I have discovered that are so many flowers in this world, there is no way to have “a favorite”. Every time I think I have picked one, I find another bloom that is absolutely even more beautiful and fragrant.

[​IMG]
    Image credit: Bougainvilleas By Augustus Binu/ www.dreamsparrow.net/ facebook - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=26044707

Attached Files:

14. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

I once worked at a florist, and my favorite flowers are Roses and Poinsettias. Roses, because although expensive, they fit every occasion. Slicing the stem horizontally, crushing the stem at the bottom and keeping them in water will prolong their lifespan. Nothing emotionally gets me into the holiday season as Poinsettias, I could not imagine a Christmas without their presence.

15. scash2012

scash2012 New Member

I love lilies! There are so many species and varieties. My favorite are calla lilies. I think they have a really unique shape and an elegant feel!

16. oneboops

oneboops New Member

I actually don't have a favorite flower because I like them all. Everyone seems to like the common flowers like roses, violets (just to name a few) but I don't like to follow what other people like. I like the widely unknown but very unique flowers. The bigger the flower the better. My criteria for my favorite flower must be that hey have to have a distinct smell, be very colorful and don't die quickly.