IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you use the Internet for?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by rightct, May 17, 2015.

1. Mikechatzis

Mikechatzis New Member

lena likes this.
  2. terryse2015

terryse2015 New Member

My primary use is for research. I am a college librarian and part of my work is to research online and from printed pages. Since the internet is full of opportunities, i love to search and find online jobs to earn extra income and help my family.

3. lena

lena New Member

I use the Internet mostly to study and look for online job updates. In studying, I use apps like Google to research and find full evidenced answers. I also use the kenyalaw.org to read cases and view their judgements. In the part of job updates, I make sure I check it daily incase a certain field has posted an update then I would join to try my lack.

4. Willson

Willson New Member

i used internet to help peoples on different sites.... and download big games... make new friends

5. ken00

ken00 New Member

Since i started using internet, i usually used it for searching, gaming and money making. I once have an online job, earning is coll you dont need to leave your house just to go to work. you can also play while working. there really are great things you can do these days with the use of internet. its up to you how to allocate your time.

6. doedoe

doedoe New Member

I use internet for social media and messaging

7. hhelenak

hhelenak New Member

Mostly I use internet for facebook chatting and doing my school work (I'm studying IT). Also, I like to read news, watch videos and listen to music in YouTube. I use internet in my work time also, cause I have to look e-mails and research different things also there, I'm working as a hotel receptionist.

8. beachinparty

beachinparty New Member

Generally, to chat with friends on social sites and play games via the Internet.

9. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

My purpose of using the Internet is for communication, for entertainment, for news and commentaries, for information, for social media, and for additional source of income.

10. Xpress440

Xpress440 New Member

What I use internet for, depends largely on one's need at a particular point in time. I chat, inform, communicate, source for information and above all, do online internet networking for legitimate money. Basically, these are why I use internet.

11. bharatsharma08

bharatsharma08 New Member

I use the internet basically for working here and there to earn some extra dollars and cents. Other than this, I also use it for my own site, reading interesting stuff from the sites I've subscribed on, to stay connected with my friends, for some entertainment for utility services like paying bills etc.

12. Ashkan mousasi

Ashkan mousasi New Member

I hate pay day jobs, but I don't know what else I can do to escape this route as I do not have enough financial resources to set up a business of my own. One day, I was looking at the internet and typed the word "how to" into google search engine and immediately saw a host of how to do this, how to do that and I click on a few to read what it was all about. I decided to try one out by purchasing the e-book on how to work for companies as a data entry clerk. Upon reading this material, I discovered that it was fraud as what they wanted me to be doing was marketing the same material to innocent people by asking them to pay a certain amount with no actual companies that they are working for. My very first purchase of information products was fake, but however, inside this same material,

I got an understanding of how to use google AdWords to promote third parties products and earn commission in return, which is known as affiliate products. I put this into practice, but had little or no success at all. However, I refused to give up and continue with my research on how to make extra income outside of payday jobs. As I continue to do research upon research, I came across another information on how to sell on Amazon. I put this into action straight away as the first advise was to start selling whatever items that you have purchased on Amazon but no longer required. I had purchased some books while at the University that I no longer wanted after graduating from the Uni.

I registered with Amazon as an Individual Seller and put those backs for sale. It was so easy to get registered and also easy to list your items for sale. I was surprised as I received an email few days later from Amazon that read "Sold, dispatch now". One of the books that I listed has already been sold, and gradually all the other books that I listed was all sold. One important thing that I took notice was that I sold one of the books more than the price that it was bought originally as it was like new, I handled carefully the way I used the book. With my first earning online from selling of these books, I went further to start sourcing books from sources like charity shops, garage sales, estate sales and other places. I was listing the books for sale and most of the books were being sold on Amazon.

To enable me do better, I bought a book on Amazon on how to sell your stuff on Amazon. It was inside this book, I discovered that a seller can sell in other categories outside of books. I then added Toys and Games to the books that I had started selling. The toys/games and books were actually selling well and I began to earn extra income such that I quit my permanent job role to take up a temporary role that gives me time to look for bargain items to sell on Amazon.

13. Andorphin

Andorphin New Member

Mostly for reading news, health-related articles, watching videos, facebook and sometimes to look for the opinions of others on certain products. At times I also use it to inform myself about hardware and software.

14. djwheel

djwheel New Member

I use the internet for earning money, for connecting with old friends, and for meeting new people. I also use it to learn things and to read/watch the news. I connect with new people via LinkedIn and via various forums like this one. On rare occasions I even participate in webinars so as to connect with successful people. For example, I was part of a Google Hangout a few months ago where the chief guest was Richard Branson. He gave us tips on how to do well in business and life.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016