IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is the best thing that you like about science?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Ariful haque, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ariful haque

Ariful haque New Member

What is the best thing that you like about science

2. Gbengus

Gbengus New Member

Why I like science is because of some of the explanation and the advancement it has brought to the human race, science helps us understand how time is to be measured and it gives us nearly an accurate prediction of seasonal occurrences.
    The world being a global village which can also be credited to science through the invention of telecommunication, and this as we all know has broken down the great barrier of distance.

3. Jacob Monkhouse

Jacob Monkhouse New Member

I have always loved science ever since I was 8 years old. It has always been so fascinating to me because scientists are always discovering something new all the time. But one of the more exciting things about science is that it goes a long way towards explaining all those questions we have about why things seem to happen the way they do. No matter what area you are fascinated by there always seems to be a scientific viewpoint to explain it, and if science has taught us anything it is that we can no longer discount anything as being 'impossible'. Just because we may not understand something does not mean that it will never be explained in time. That is the great thing about science.

4. gabr1ela

gabr1ela Member

Well as I start, the first thing I like is how we came to this earth, because they say a lot, until finally we are not sure is it?
    Well watch documentaries as we get millions of years on this earth and I came thanks to God that He created us.
    Now my question is, do we really know so much?
    Or you have to find something, some truth that is hidden and in one day he will come out.

5. splash_p

splash_p New Member

That everything in science has to be proven. For anything to be called "scientific", it has to be validated through experiments that can be repeated over and over again. This rigorous nature of testing theories makes science ever-lasting. There is no absolute all-binding theory but every theory keeps evolving with new information and has to undergo rigorous testing before it becomes accepted knowledge.

6. majid kalani

majid kalani New Member

I am interested in evidence-based social sciences. I think our duty is to find ways to accomplish evidence for our arguments scientifically. For this purpose, evidence-based life science indicates a systematically broad search for most knowledge and instructions available and reliable. Actually this helps us to integrate facts together with contemporary experiences. For example, two months ago, I was told to conduct a systematic review on kids’ behavior and bullying consequences at our schools. I searched Google Scholar, PubMed and Science Direct and collected a large number of studies on kids’ bullying. Then I wrote a summary of their results and collected data presented in their researches. I presented my argument to my boss, and she accepted that job perfectly because I had performed that duty based the most trustworthy and appreciated evidence.:)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. mariya94

mariya94 New Member

I like that science focuses on a lot of different fields, ranging from medicine to astronomy. In terms of medicine, science can tell us a lot about vaccines that are used to prevent people from getting sick and getting all kinds of diseases. Science also allows us to learn about certain chemicals in our foods. It also allows us to learn about pollution, which, if not carefully controlled, can prove to be hazardous to our health.

8. rodrigofischer

rodrigofischer New Member

What I like about science is that it help us understand the world we live in a little better. Only with science, and by this I also mean the scientific facts, we can learn a little more about the world, because at the end of the day, they are facts, not opinions.

Science is a fundamental part of our lives and without it we all would be ignorants, really.

9. poster432

poster432 New Member

I love how science is everywhere. Whether we know it or not, science is used in everything. From creating the next fuel-efficient car to using a computer to post on The Forum Wheel, science will always be present. It gives us so many opportunities to learn and expand society.

Like rodrigofischer said, "without it we all would be ignorants, really."

I completely agree with that statement.

10. Bakanyan

Bakanyan New Member

As a science student, science can be pretty exhausting to study. The thing that keeps me motivated during my study dumps is that science is incredibly interesting. It is not constricted to rules like for example a language subject like English. You want to get something done? There are thousands of way to do it. It has its laws but they mostly depend on the frame of reference. Newton's laws of motion don't mean much when we talk about high-velocity bodies in the space so the laws themselves are imperfect.

Plus, as poster432 has said, science is everywhere. It is leading the world now. There's science in agriculture, driving, eating and literally everything that you can do. Studying science is like imagining. It can take you anywhere, and makes it my favorite stream.

11. divinemaredi

divinemaredi New Member

I honestly believe that in one way or the other, science was destined to be born, due to the simple fact that our inherent curiosity had to be satisfied, another reason is that our minds are powerful and able to process and store information to great lengths, clearly the brain was made for something, it is inexcusable.

To answer the question, the best thing I like about science is cosmology, anything related to celestial elements or universal bodies is what I enjoy reading and talking about. Creation is awe inspiring, we just have to look up to the distant stars!

12. kartik

kartik New Member

Science gives the explanation with proof so that'a why I like science. Science can solve a problems and make our life easier.

Science helps to make things possible. In science I like most physics subject because it's describe how universe works and it's helps to create a new things to make our life more easier.

Before 1900's we don't even know what earth look like but becousin of the science now we can see the world from moon!

13. tskier01123

tskier01123 New Member

I like that science is based on trust and not faith. You trust in your results as other's trust in them because they're provable. I think faith has a place, but I enjoy the trust aspect of science. When somethings proven you can trust that it will be provable time and time again. Human's are always seeking something and looking for patterns in everything, I feel that Science has given us the best answers.

14. Leonardomps

Leonardomps New Member

I think that I will have the most strange answer. I love science. But i love it because of one thing: It isn't exact. There is always something new to be discovered. We can't say anything for sure, something that is true now may not be true in the next 10 years. And that what's motivate me to be a scientist: Discover the new.

15. Tripidate

Tripidate New Member

"Science" is too broad a term for me, considering that there are specialized fields for science. Each field has different components that I enjoy. My personal favorite is Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics. I've always been curious about everything that happens, can happen, and whether or not Star Wars is possible. In common with those is the fact that once you open up one door, you open up thousands of new doors and paths for you to follow. Everything is linked together in those fields, in some way. Once you get into it, you just have to start connecting the dots and seeing the results!

16. xTinx

xTinx New Member

There are so many things I love about science, though I am not really an expert on that field since I specialize in social science and its branches. I do love physical science (i.e. geology, astronomy), biology (i.e. botany and zoology) and a bit of chemistry (maybe balancing equation and the part where you memorize the table of elements). Science is actually a lot more interesting and easier to figure out than math. However, once math enters the picture, my brain just kinds of shut off unless someone gives me a calculator so that learning wouldn't feel so excruciating. Computing for an object's momentum, density, volume or mass can boggle the mind to no end.

17. JGSparrow

JGSparrow New Member

I totally agree with you. I really love the information that science tells us. Also the advancement it brought to human race like technology.

18. NIck

NIck New Member

I love science because it explains everything around us with proof. Science is everywhere, what you eat, how you come to be who you are, how your body works, your environment. It is still improving, developing but it is still amazing. There are very unknowns in science which create mystery.

19. Hassan Siddique

Hassan Siddique New Member

Science is a way of life. Science is a perspective. Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.

20. Hassan Siddique

Hassan Siddique New Member

Science is a way of life. Science is a perspective. Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.