IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

what is your favorite action movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by abram garibay, Apr 17, 2015.

1. iamgroot76

iamgroot76 New Member

I am a huge movie guy, love almost all movies.
    Obviously my favorite movie right now is the new BATMAN “THE DARK KNIGHT”
    However I also really like BLACK HAWK DOWN. I find the movie so true to history and so well directed and the cinematography is unreal.
    That’s not to say that’s all I like but I am in an Action mood so I am asking what you fellas like to watch

2. Heti Damani

Heti Damani New Member

Such questions are always difficult, but I was very impressed by Infernal Affairs (Hong Kong, 2002). It is the movie The Departed is based on, but it's not just that-movie-Scorsese-remade. It is really really well-told, the twists are very well done, the two opposing characters are great and it somehow manages to stay in your head for quite a long time. It also has a much better ending than The Departed.

iamgroot76 likes this.
  3. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

When I'm thinking about action movies my mind goes to iron man and that movie is amazing his actor and the story I love all sequel of iron man and big fan of Robert Downey Jr

4. shahidbunny

shahidbunny New Member

Well, I like action movies very much. The movies which are full of actions are more attractive. I totally support that movies having alot of action.
    "Fast and furious" series is my favorite action movie.

5. NIck

NIck New Member

Actually, I like to watch action movies most. So the list is little long, but some of best action movies are Taken, Lucy, 300, Transformers series, Transporter series, All the marvel and DC comics movies, Expandables series, G. I. Joe series, Star wars series, and much more. I also love sci-fi movies.

6. mc49

mc49 New Member

John Wick is just pure style and the action scenes are wonderfully shot. Reeves is great in it.

I'd also recommend Dredd. It is [frowning intensifies] the movie and it's just fun as hell to watch. Urban kills it as Judge Dredd, and Lena Heady's Ma-Ma is an all-round great villain.

7. Narad Maharaj

Narad Maharaj New Member

My favorite movie of all time will have to be all of the The Fast and The Furious films. The reason why I love the "The Fast and The Furious" franchise so much is because I am a car person and the movie only keeps on getting better and better. This movie has so much emotional attachment and it has a lot of personality to all of the characters. In all of the Films the next movie is not what you would expect, it is next generation. I can't wait for The Fast and The Furious 8. It will Be Epic.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

I have tons of action films that I love yet one of them is The Fast and The Furious Franchise. Consistently I'm sitting tight for the arrival of the film and I adored it since the first. Vin Diesel is one of my favorite actor even before Fast and Furious turned into a hit. I additionally adore Michelle Rodriguez and their tandem is certainly incredible! I adored it much more when they included Dwayne Johnson in the casting as well. In any case, unfortunately, Paul Walker is gone and it will never be the same.

I likewise love The Transporter, Taken and American Sniper. Those are one of the best action movies that I have ever viewed and I can watch them again and again.

9. Rajeeta

Rajeeta New Member

Action movies?I would say Terminator series,especially terminator 2.Also I liked Kill Bill 1 and 2.There many others like The Transformers,Rambo,Predator,Die Hard,Aliens--too many to name.

10. nanachan7

nanachan7 New Member

My favorite action movie so far is RED (Retired and Extremely Dangerous). It's action packed and at the same time hilarious. :D The writer and director did a god job in balancing the two.

The movie is about a team of old/retired C.I.A. agents that were the best agents during their prime. Who would think that they still have it! It's a movie that tells you to not mess with elderly people. :D:D:D

11. Rock1987

Rock1987 New Member

My favorite action movie definitely has to be The Terminator. The Terminator hit huge and gave us two 80's icons in one: the larger tahn life Arnold Schwarznegger, with his catchphrase, his rippling muscles and his extensive, explosive ordnance. And the steely-grinned, red-eyed nightmare from the future, which until the firey final act lurked beneath that sculpted physique.

The sci-fi effects used in the movie were extraordinary. I still watch the movie and think that it was the greatest action movie ever created.

12. Jovan Cook

Jovan Cook New Member

Fast and the furious

13. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

My favorite action movies are terminator and mission impossible.Mission impossible is a unique movie with so much reality.They do real stunts which are too close to the reality.Mission impossible make us curious to know about the depth of the movie.They have shown the well use of technology in their all scenes.Its not a science fiction movie but all the scenes are very dangerous in it.They have shown a good use of modern technology which is developing rapidly in nowadays.

14. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamson New Member

I think my favorite action movie is fast and furious , this is a movie that you can't resist while watching, a film where there is action from the beginning to the end.

When it comes to their driving skills, OMG , it seems to be like a taped or video game, everything looks amazing and thrilling. Sometimes I start to wonder if this is still a movie or real , because everything looks real, I love fast and furious so much to compare any other movie.

15. Kelly King

Kelly King New Member

My favorite of all time is “Bad Boys II”

Love him or hate him,few would deny that Michael Bay is a master of action. Perhaps Bay-Max’s finest hour, at least in this century and before he entered the ‘indistinguishable pieces of colliding metal’ phase of his career, is “Bad Boys II.” A thoroughly reprehensible, morally appalling, deeply queasy piece of entertainment. The film values excess to the exclusion of all else, like most of Bay’s work. But this cop flick, which pits Will Smith and Martin Lawrence against Cuban Ecstasy dealers (not that it matters), is also stuffed with thunderingly good action sequences, from shootouts to not one but about five freeway chase sequences.

Please don't call me for lunch when am watching the bad boys 11 cause I won't give you attention. Good piece though.

16. SydGhan

SydGhan New Member

I love almost every entry in the Die Hard franchise. The first one and the fourth one are near perfect films. The second one struggles from bad dialogue through much of the middle, but the villain is one of the most despicable characters in movie history and by the end of the movie you really can't wait for him to get what's coming to him. The third one is a little bit long but all of Samual L. Jackson's scenes make it worth the while. The fifth one should never be spoken of.