IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite game on PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jared Stephens, Jun 5, 2018.

1. lemos10

lemos10 New Member

Half Life, for being the first first person game I've ever played on PC. Right after it comes Project Reality, a mod that was developed for the Battlefield 2. It was the first game (mod) to introduce me to an awesome online community. And last, but not least, Team Fortress 2, for giving me a best friend with whom I still talk to after almost 10 years! I don't play these games anymore, but they will always be my favorite games due to their emotional significante and of course, no other game is or will be able to occupy these positions now.

2. haroldcrow

haroldcrow New Member

My personal favorite PC games are:

1. Watch Dogs 2
    2. Half Life 2
    3. Batman: Arkham City
    4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

These are my personal favorites, and they're all great! Watch Dogs 2 is a hacking game, which means you can hack ANYTHING you want. I'm a computer programmer and I find that intriguing and very entertaining. It's like Grand Theft Auto, but with hacking.

Half Life 2 is an action game where you play as a man called Gordon Freeman and you help the resistance fight an oppressive government.

Batman: Arkham City has been called the best Batman game of all time. It's extremely well-made and very, very fun. You could play this for hours and never get tired of it. It has famous character appearances such as Robin, Rha's Al-Ghul, the Joker, and many others. I'll never get tired of playing this game.

Finally, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the 5th (duh) installment in the Elder Scrolls Saga, and by far the best. I have played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and it was very entertaining, but not as good as Skyrim. Skyrim is an open-world RPG game with a engaging world that you could stay inside of forever and still not have discovered all its secrets. It is truly awesome. But it requires you to be in a medieval mood to enjoy it.

3. Veize

Veize New Member

My personal favorite is not really a game itself but more a genre:

1. Roleplay
    2. Racing Games

1: Now when thinking of roleplay you probably imagine something like WoW or League of Legends or any other MMORPG.
    I'm not on about those types of games however, I prefer those Roleplaying Games or Servers that simulate your real life. A good example to this is FiveM, which is a GTA Online Modification so you can play GTA 5 with mods online. There's a huge amount of Roleplaying Communities in the GTA 5 world. I simply enjoy these types of games (another great example: Arma 3) because it's always something else, you won't be stuck with the same scenario over and over again.
    With that said lets start with number 2.

2: I love Racing Games, no matter which one it is. I love Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Forza Horizon/Motorsport and even F1.
    Like with the Roleplaying Games I just love Racing Games because it'll always be different. You can play on a huge amount of tracks, you line up against a variety of players, you can choose different cars and all of that. And the best part is that it isn't really time consuming. You can play it for hours but you can also play it for just 15 minutes. It's just great because you can simply start it up and play a bit, even if you don't have that much time.

4. sydney

sydney New Member

Battlegrounds may have sparked the current Battle Royale trend, but these days, I’d much rather log into Fortnite. Over the last few months, developer Epic Games have crafted a game with a unique identity, if not a better one.

Here’s why I prefer to play Fortnite.

5. LucasXD

LucasXD New Member

For me personally, I enjoy playing Fortnite. It is one of those games that it super easy to learn but very difficult to master. There are complicated mechanics involved which make the skill gap between players very high. I also like playing against real players and testing out my skill against those around me. Another thing I like about Fortnite is that I can easily play with my friends and have a good time. Finally, the game is constantly being updated and new map changes and new guns are always being added; this makes the game a whole lot more interesting since the meta changes a lot.

Another game I appreciate is Apex Legends (yes, I know, another battle royale game). Apex Legends is very competitive and only has 60 players in a match compared to 100 in Fortnite. I like the smooth graphics and the necessity for teamwork. You have to work together with your other two teammates to secure the win and become the champion. Overall, I really enjoy playing both Fortnite and Apex Legends due to the battle royale type genre of the game and how enjoyable it is to win.

6. Destini

Destini New Member

My fiancee and I love the Sims! We have 3 and 4 and we play them all the time. Have you tried challenges? We did one a while back called rags to riches where you start off with no money and no house and you have to try to get superrock before you die. Another one is called parentcy; it has specific rules for how you play each generation of Sims. For instance, in one of the generations your sim is a single parent and in another the parent is a hopeless romantic. They're super fun!

7. Destini

Destini New Member

My favorite game is definitely Rimworld. It's awesome! It's a colony simulator game where you've got these people who have crash-landed on a random planet and you have to help them survive and get back to their home planet.
    You can build their homes and give them jobs and there's combat and relationships and backstories and I just thibk its really awesome! I can easily play for hours on end!

8. Aundre Saunders

Aundre Saunders New Member

I love GTA. Grand Theft Auto is the best game ever made. I have been playing this game for over a decade. The first one I played was GTA 3, it was awesome, had three main cities. Then there was Vice City. I feel in love with San Andreas more than the older ones because of the length of the story, you where now able to swim and do tons of new real-life things. Playing a video game within a video game. Eat food, play pool, get a hair cut, meet and date new characters, etc.

Ballad Of Gay Tony was a very short story. Also The Lost and Damed, a biker gang. GTA IV with Niko Bellic was my next favorite. All of which had better graphics. Finally, we got GTA V. Now everyone's favorite. Huge open world to do anything you can imagine. I like to fly planes, drive cars, add my music to the game, hunt animals and the list could go on forever. I just can't wait to see the new GTA when it gets released. It has been a long wait for us GTA fans.

9. bitubulti

bitubulti New Member

My favorite game is Project IGI. I played two parts of Project IGI. It is a really fantastic game. The graphics, the weapons, the sound, and the different stages. If you are an action game lover then you will enjoy this game a lot. Another game is Call of Duty. This is also a game which can refresh your mind. You will feel like you are inside the computer, and you are shooting the enemies in real. I suggest everyone should try it once.

10. Joseph Greer

Joseph Greer New Member

My favorite game right now is Smite on PlayStation 4. You play as gods from different mythological backgrounds to fight against other people online. As you play, you get Favor, the in-game currency, so you can unlock new gods. Each god has its own special abilities unique to its class and background. you can also get skins so that your god look different than someone else who may be playing as the same god. The game provides an escape from reality and makes you feel empowered whereas in the real world you may feel small and powerless.

11. Aileen635

Aileen635 New Member

I just got all nostalgic and recalled a game I absolutely loved: Command and Conquer: Generals. It was with this game that I first fell in love with real-time strategy games. I wasted hours on the storyline itself and on countless skirmishes. I enjoyed exploring the various advantages and disadvantages of each of the factions. Command and Conquer: Generals wasn't even my first RTS game, it was Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. There was just something about Command and Conquer: Generals that really appealed to me more than any other RTS game I've played.

12. Mareeper

Mareeper New Member

My favorite game might be Minecraft. The world generator is really stellar. It can also span many videos.

13. Mareeper

Mareeper New Member

I've also gone retro and started playing Yoshi's Island. I really like that game and I want more of these. I really need money.

14. Mareeper

Mareeper New Member

I feel like the only reason we're here is to earn credits. It's the only reason a lot of people flocked to Forum Wheel. I'm still a gamer.

15. Mareeper

Mareeper New Member

I've also been playing Metal Gear Solid. I've also played Contra and the likes. Give me credits.

16. Ognjen

Ognjen New Member

I simply cannot pick a single favourite game. I am a huge video game fan, playing everything from mobas to sandbox games. It would be an insult to simply pick one game. So, let's begin.

1. Minecraft
    Minecraft is one of many games I played in my childhood. And I still play it to this day! In Minecraft, you are a survivor that starts with nothing but your bare hands. You progress through the game by getting better and better tiers of tools (starting from wood all the way to netherite). Also there are monster that hunt you relentlessly from the day you enter the Minecraft world. Also, every world is randomly generated, so every time you play a new world it's a new adventure!

2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    What can I say, this is simply a cult classic! Released all the way in back in 2004, this game made waves when it finally hit the shelves. The main protagonist is CJ, a man returning to the hood in which he grew up in. The reason he returned is for the funeral of his mother. CJ, when returned, is flooded with emotion and nostalgia, and decides to stay in the hood and help up his crew. The game has a very rich story, which I do not wish to spoil. I highly recommend you play it, you won't regret it.

3. Team Fortress 2
    One of the best multiplayer games that Valve has ever made. Don't get me wrong, Valve has a lot of bangers when it comes to multiplayer games but trust me, this one is definitely special. There are nine classes, all with their pros and cons. The gameplay is dynamic. Also, the game is free to play. The only thing you have to pay for are cosmetics, which are optional. The rest you can get by simply playing the game.

17. akiyamaha

akiyamaha New Member

If I had to choose one? Minecraft. I played it from 2010 to around 2014, and have been playing on and off since. The randomly generated open world is a phenomenal experience and it's easy to get lost in it for days, weeks even. The survival aspect of the game is a nice experience, but fighting mobs, getting items, mining, and exploration is only one half of the game. The biggest selling point of Minecraft is the creativity aspect. You can build any structure you can imagine, and people have even managed to make very simple computers in-game using what basically is a binary system using in-game blocks.

I recommend playing Minecraft. It's quite polished so far and bugs are few and far inbetween, and any that pop-up are usually fixed by a quick update from the developers. Not to mention it's got a large modding community, so you can add things like space exploration, factories, wizards, faeries—pretty much anything under the sun.

18. NotGalactical

NotGalactical New Member

I love playing Minecraft and CSGO, but if I had to pick one game to play forever it would be Star Wars BattleFront 2. I just love the multiplayer and I'm a big fan of star wars so that's also a plus.

19. Headz32

Headz32 New Member

In my life, I played a lot of games, both free to play and paid games. I played a lot of shooting games including Counter Strike and all Call of Duty's games. But in the last 2 years I fell in love with a free game called SMITE. It is a MOBA game with third person perspective. I definitely recommend this game. Try it out!

20. Sarah Wonsowski

Sarah Wonsowski New Member

Osu is a pretty fun game. I played it for the longest time a couple of years ago, but I tend to get easily discouraged. I see other people playing the game so well. Usually, I can only play a level on its easiest setting. I like the keyboard mode best.

There is a wide range of music available on the Osu platform though, which is pretty neat.