IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

what is your favorite romance movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by abram garibay, Apr 17, 2015.

1. bendenning

bendenning New Member

Iv'e always loved Romeo And Juliet movies. They are my favourite due to the story behind it all. It is an emotional movie& would recommend it to anyone. The movie lasts around 90 minutes, so its perfect for a night in the house with your girlfriend/ partner.

2. nikki

nikki New Member

I would have to say ' The Bridges of Madison County'. It's a soul-stirring tale about two soul mates who meet very late in life. Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood are both so terrific in the portrayal of their roles that you cannot help but get captivated.
    Another movie I would suggest is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's stellar cast and remarkable plot make it one of the best romantic movies of all time.

3. jhomel17

jhomel17 New Member

Aliens has a cross blend of action and horror with a range of characters in fully realized world. The world building touches on realistic politics, dystopian economics and genuine relationships.

Visually, the film is inventive with amazing mechanical designs and realistic representations of the Aliens. The sound track is superlative and audio design is unique with the pulse rifle sounds and alien screeches. Lastly, it has Bill Paxton in his second best role ever, as well as the other cast who are excellent.

4. slumberchip

slumberchip New Member

You've got to admit: they don't make rom-coms as good as those of the 90s anymore! I guess the old-school charm of dial-up internet (hah!) and the magic of bookstores add to the feel-good vibes of You've Got Mail. Welcome back to pre-Tinder times and back into the early days of finding love online. Plus points for the cameo of Tom Hanks' cute dog!

5. Beachgurl87

Beachgurl87 New Member

I'm a movie buff!! To say I have a favorite would be diminishing all of those other great movies out there. Recently I haven't watched that many in the Romance category. Everyone I have seen has been pretty interesting. But, I will have to highlight, "Just Go With It", with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler! I laughed until I cried when I first seen the movie.

Also, the "Proposal", with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds and last but not least, Betty White. It's a great movie with a great cast that shows you can find love in unusual places.

Another that stands out in my mind is the movie, "Something's Gotta Give". A definite classic. Diane Keaton is a wonderful actor and she brings class to the table. Very fun movie night!

So, as far as favorites, my list can go on and on.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017