IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite season of the year?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by userY, Nov 8, 2015.

1. userY

userY New Member

For me, every season of the year has its own charm. All of them have their downsides, too.

Spring is probably my personal favorite. I live in temperate zone, so most plants and animals wake up and start taking their sex lives seriously. I enjoy observing that. You know, flowers blooming, birds singing, and all those sentimental things. It’s magnificent and miraculous. The daylight starts to last longer, that’s also good for outdoor activities. It can still be a little bit cold, though.

Summer is good because it’s the warmest season, so swimming in natural water bodies is comfortable. You can also go stargazing for a long time without getting cold. I saw a meteoric shower this year! But sometimes, it gets too hot.

Autumn has the charming colourful leaves. I actually like foggy or rainy weather if I don’t have to drive. But when everything gets sad and mushy, I don’t like it very much.

Winter can be beautiful when the snow and frost make everything nice and shiny. Unfortunately, I live in Europe and it seems that North America was getting all of our snow for the past few years. Neither side of the Atlantic seems to be very happy with the arrangement. We should file a complaint to the distribution management.

What time of the year do you like the most?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. tripp72

tripp72 New Member

I feel there's something special about all of the seasons but Fall is my favorite. I think that's because it brings relief from the hot and humid summers we have in southern Missouri. I enjoy the cooler evenings so I can enjoy my walks without feeling the humidity against me. Fall is the beginning of the planting season for flowers that will bloom in spring and I love the changing fall colors of the trees.

I don't care much for winter because we often have occurrences of ice storms that cause us to loose power during very cold temperatures, which can sometimes be frightening. Years ago, we had more snow, which was beautiful. However, global warming has attributed to our seasons becoming warmer which has resulted in more ice than snow.

Spring offers relief from the harsh winters. I love watching the plants bloom and the sounds of the birds coming back from the south. It's a chance to get out of the stuffy house and enjoy nature and get back to a relaxing atmosphere enjoying the outdoors.

3. fortis15

fortis15 New Member

My favorite season of the year is summer for a few reasons. First of all that's when I get at least 3 weeks off my 9 to 5 job. It is the best chance for me to go out and about with my family and spend some quality time with them. The weather tends to be warmer which gives us the opportunity to go swimming outside, have barbecues, ride our bikes etc. But to be honest I am actaully linking my interest in the summer season because of the fact I am not able to do all that I mention during the rest of the year. Therefore if I had a lot of time off during spring, winter or autumn, I would certainly love each season the same way I adore summer.

4. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper New Member

My favorite season is Fall. there is something special about that time of the year for me. I know I'm not alone many people feel the same way about it.
    I think it's just magical to watch as the leaves turn many shades of color. Then the cool wind begins to strip the leaves off the trees one after another they fall down to the ground.

It's just a very relaxing, and peaceful time of the year. I guess because that year is coming to an end almost like a death. There is a hint of sorrow to be had in saying good bye to all the colors of the Summer when Fall has come in.

5. Catie Hutchens

Catie Hutchens New Member

My favorite season of the year is Fall. From the pumpkins and scarecrows to the leaves falling off of the trees it is a beautiful time of year. My family has bonfires and weenie roast and we talk about times past. This year me and my husband welcomed a son into the world and we are so excited to take him to the pumpkin patch. Fall is football season too and who does not love that!

6. Longinus

Longinus New Member

Fall and winter. I hate the summer, the temperature is too high where I live so it's a nightmare for me. Using an air conditioner would skyrocket my electricity bill so I'm stuck with a regular small fan. Both winter and fall are great because you can stay at home, drink a cup of chocolate and feel comfortable just watching TV or doing anything, and spring is nice because I have a big garden where many of the trees shed their leaves on the winter, it's cool to watch them grow again giving more color and life to the place.

7. maika

maika New Member

My favorite season is fall . To start with, the weather is not too hot or extremely cold, just the perfect temperature. The warm colors like reds, orange, and browns bring a warm and cozy feeling to my heart whether I'm indoors or outdoors. Jumping in the colorful leaves brings back good old memories with family.

8. denise016

denise016 New Member

My favourite season of the year is definitly Summer, I love the hot sunny days and being able to go to the beach, go swimming and enjoy time outdoors with my family. Summertime is awesome I wish it was the only season we had year round.

9. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

My favorite season is summer. I love summer because I love the hot weather. When summer approaches, I am in my glory. Being able to wear summer clothes, tan, run and walk outside, go to the beach and to the shore, and go to the park around this time of year is what I love the most. I wish we had summer all year round.

I literally hate winter with a burning passion. It is the most miserable season for me because it's too cold. I hate snow and ice, too. The chances of slipping on ice makes me not want to set foot out the door because it is very dangerous. I can handle weather that is in the 40s and sunny, but no colder than that. Here, we had days in the winter when it was 1 degree. If the North Pole and Antarctica were warmer than that, we had it extremely bad.

Although, even though I do hate winter, I like Christmas and New Year's. It really does not have anything to do with the fact that these holidays are in the wintertime. It has to do with the fact that I can spend time with my family and my friends and share traditions we have. At least some good things happen during winter.

When it comes to spring and fall, I prefer fall because we still have hot days throughout September and October. Plus, my birthday is in October, and so is Halloween. Thanksgiving in November is nice, too. We all celebrate thankfulness for one another.

These are my opinions on all the seasons of the year.

10. Tyi

Tyi Member

For me, there is something special about all four seasons. I enjoy Winter because I love to cook and try out new comfort food recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spring and Autumn because they are neither too hot or too cold. It is the perfect time for me and the dog to go for long walks and take in the scenery. Summer, flip-flops, swimming, ice cream/Popsicle, enjoying the sum, and yard work.

11. NIck

NIck New Member

To be completely honest, I fall for the charms of all four seasons. Spring, with its flirtatious colors and the first hint of longer days, but I like raining sound. It is the beautiful season that you can get some warm coffee and enjoy the scene of outside from your balcony.

12. abonnen

abonnen New Member

My favorite season of the year is Fall. Fall is such a beautiful season where I live, the leaves changing color and the nice cool weather is very welcoming. Also I love Fall because it means Thanksgiving and Halloween are just around the corner, these are my two favorite holidays. Also all the pumpkin flavored food and drinks is a plus!

13. Liz9000

Liz9000 New Member

For me, it's Spring and Fall. It's not too hot, and it's not too cold. It's perfect. In the Spring, I love how it's still sunny, but nice and cool. Not super hot. But Sometimes it snows in the spring, which I hate because I really hate snow. Fall is just perfection to me. Football season, hoodie weather, bonfires, the smell of the air, everything.

14. Tyi

Tyi Member

I must agree with you, the sound of a good hard torrential rain accompanied by loud bursts of thunder and lightening. are exceptionally awesome. Throw in a little bit of hail, a good book, and some comfort food, we'll have a real nature party then.

15. Carmen

Carmen New Member

I just love the fall season when the summer's temperature's begrudgingly decrease and Fall slowly appears. Leaves on the trees change colors and fall to the ground as the sound of the breeze through the trees is so calming. As you can tell I am passionate with Fall weather, because it is so mild and the pleasant. This is the time for warm liquids, soups and teas to nourish the body and fight all these seasonal illnesses.

16. trenee

trenee New Member

My favorite season is fall. I love the beautiful foliage, the mild temperatures and the sound of wind as it rustles the leaves. Even though there is less daylight during the evening hours, I still love being outside on a beautiful fall morning to take a walk.

17. Angel Howard

Angel Howard New Member

I have two favorite seasons and its fall and spring. These are two seasons where the weather feels fresh and the temperatures are not too warm or too cold. I live in the Midwest and the winter seasons are too stressful to handle. We experience severe blizzards, storms, the cold temperatures are extremely uncomfortable and sometimes the city and state officials are required to shut down the roads due to safety precautions. I am too terrified to drive on the icy roads, especially the black-ice, which is the worst to drive on. Black-ice is when the roads look normal but the streets are so icy and slippery, it causes many car accidents and spin-outs. In addition, I have to leave home quite early to allow myself enough time to arrive to work on time. In contrast, I enjoy the fall because it has a very romantic feeling and I enjoy wearing my fall clothes. I love how the leaves change colors and I enjoy smelling the fragrance from the the cinnamon and spice candles I burn in my home. The spring time reminds me of a fresh start and that's where I'm in the mood to do spring-cleaning and I also enjoy the pastel colors as well. The only thing I love about the summer time is taking trips to the beach, cook-outs, sunny days and wearing my favorite sandals. In the end, fall and spring would have to be on the top of my-favorites list when it comes to my favorite seasons.

18. Mandi

Mandi New Member

As much as I love summer, I will have to go with Fall. The colors are just to die for! Apple pies, pumpkin everything, football, sweatshirts, etc. It's just the best!

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

Me too I love autumn time when we have a bit of breezy & cool weather. North winds breezes appear more on the horizon locally with a bit of drizzle showers in the evening or early morning replenishing our water wells. Then there is the cooling rains of the day when the rain cools the hot cement or asphalt and that musty smell rises to your nose to tell you Earth around you is cooling with the rain. Autumn is my favorite time of year with cooling breezes and temperatures here in Hawaii for it means hurricane season is almost over too.:)

20. Nathan047

Nathan047 New Member

I can confirm this, 'cause I had to deal with "Snowvember" last fall.

I've always liked winter. I do a lot of snowshoeing in the woods behind my house, and it gives a really nice feel when the sun starts glistening off the snow and ice. Unlike the heat, the cold has never really bothered me, it will be -10 degrees F and I'll be out enjoying myself. I do have mixed feelings about winter, though, last fall in Snowvember ("Snowvember" is what we call November of 2015, when we got 4-6 feet of snow overnight) I had to deal with 6 feet of snow, and driving in blizzard conditions is never easy. All that said, I still think I can call winter my favorite season.