IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

what is your favourite childhood cartoon?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Tru Aveli, Feb 11, 2018.

1. montakun

montakun New Member

I've watched a lot of cartoons as a kid and it's hard to pick a favorite. However, the cartoons that I look forward to watching are Captain Planet and the Planeteers and Scooby-Doo. I really like super heroes and Captain Planet is it for me. The way they teach kids how to save the environment while fighting evil is very exciting for me as a kid. I like Scooby-Doo due to the mystery and the funny chase scenes. Who doesn't like an almost talking dog? Scooby is really adorable.

2. GeorgeDr

GeorgeDr New Member

I am obliged to distinguish two of all the shows I watched as a kid , because i think of them as equal , in terms of how much i liked them then and not because of some very sophisticated reason.

First one and always favorite is mighty morphing power rangers and after that is teenage mutant ninja turtles. Power rangers seeing it now from an adult perspective , seems kind of meh and repetitive , but as a kid it really made my heart go! (go go power rangers!). It had robot battles , fights , aliens some mystery and more battles! I was about 4-5 when i was really into power rangers. The following years I had my other favorite , teenage mutant ninja turtles which had fights too but also pizza and a somewhat smarter plot.

Now that I think of it , power rangers is not really a cartoon , but still it was treated as such and please don't judge me for picking it , i really liked it!

3. Johnte

Johnte New Member

As a Kid, I remember waking up early every morning to catch my favorite program, Cartoon Network. There were a variety of cartoons; The power puff girls, Kids next door, Dexter's lab and others more.

Personally my best were Kids next door and Dexter's lab. These were kids with responsibilities

4. Johnte

Johnte New Member

Not to forget The power puff girls too

5. nrnlss

nrnlss New Member

I grow up watching a lot of cartoon series, and it is one of the best memories from my childhood. When I was younger I love cheesy cartoon series like Kim Possible and Winx. They were my too favorite cartoon series when I was young. It has both female main characters and both series are really good and educational.

6. nrnlss

nrnlss New Member

I grow up watching a lot of cartoon series, and it is one of the best memories from my childhood. When I was younger I love cheesy cartoon series like Kim Possible and Winx. They were my too favorite cartoon series when I was young. It has both female main characters and both series are really good and educational.

7. Rebelta James

Rebelta James New Member

Too numerous to mention but I will have to go with Looney Tunes, Dexter's Laboratory and also Powerpuff Girls.

8. Joshua Santos

Joshua Santos New Member

When I was a child, I like watching Tom and Jerry, Johnny Bravo, Cowardly Dog and Spongebob Squarepants. These cartoons helped me to socialize with other people especially in my school before in a sense that we talked about these shows everyday when we are free to talk like in our lunch time and snack time. These shows also helped me to speak and write in English like what I am doing right now, there was a post in Facebook, the user stated that cartoons and video games taught them to speak in English fluently and I agree to that statement.

I think my childhood was awesome because of these Cartoon Shows and it also have an impact for me as a person today. I think I consumed all the moral lessons that I have learned in these and I am beyond grateful for that. Therefore, for all the parents that prohibits their child to watch cartoons, some of you are getting their opportunity to become a great person and have an awesome childhood. All children should have a memorable childhood that they would cherish for the rest of their life, do not steal it from them, for some parents.

9. davedaot

davedaot New Member

Tom and Jerry and Mr. Bean for sure. Those are my childhood Cartoon films, I really miss those times when I was just a kid, innocent about the world. I get emotional just by remembering the Cartoon films that I've watched and the fun while watching it, I love both of those Cartoon films because it is so funny, it was so enjoyable to watch and I just want to go back in the past and experience it being a kid again, unfortunately I can't and there's no way to do it.

10. Lancelot

Lancelot New Member

During my childhood I always watched cartoons especially Captain Planet and the planeteers . It was the best moment every time they fight against bad guys and saving the Earth. Cartoon taught me how to respect elders and value human life especially nature and because of this show it made me a better man. Captain Planet surely is the best cartoon show out there and I'm sure young generation today will love it.

11. MelanthaKrasos

MelanthaKrasos New Member

Before I fall in love to Harry Potter at the age of 9, watching cartoons when I was a kid is one of the most entertaining hobby I did. I would sit inside our home in front of the television and watched Tom and Jerry up to my heart content during my free time. When not in school, scenes from Tom and Jerry tends to be the talk of the town with kids my age. The animated cartoon is pretty amusing, one can't watched it and not laughed. Tom and Jerry doesn't fade with age, even up to this time, I still laugh over some hilarious scene whenever I watched in YouTube. It is a witty creation of cartoons that even millennial can still relate and laughed about it.

12. Chaztastic

Chaztastic New Member

The last great cartoon I really remember as a kid was Recess. It was my last cartoon before I felt like I was too old for cartoons. Recess and the rest of the ABC cartoons on Saturday morning at that time period was the last of the great cartoons.

13. Helen Yang

Helen Yang New Member

Hands down, Tom and Jerry. There's just something unbeatably hilarious about the classic slapstick comedy, outrageous animations, and beloved, relatable characters. Now that I look back on it, there murderous, violent themes are probably not the best for a child to watch... but hey, I still love it.

14. Jenny

Jenny New Member

My favourite childhood cartoon would definitely be The Simpsons. It is a very comedic show and brought laughter to my day as a kid. There was a little bit of violence but it never brought fear or disgust upon me as a child. I think the show is still quite popular and known among kids and teens nowadays.

15. dddestiny13

dddestiny13 New Member

My favorite is Kim Possible! Whenever I watched it, I felt like I could do anything! And I loved the theme song! I was born in the early 2000s so whenever I watch the show, I feel nostalgia. Recently, I found out that Disney is making Kim Possible into a live action but it looks horrible. I wish that they did not even bother making it.

16. Caguioa47

Caguioa47 New Member

Dragonball Z was definitely my favorite, but looking back the show I was actually most invested in as a kid was Yu Yu Hakusho. It was basically everything I liked about DBZ but without all the horseshit. Yusuke vs Toguro was the Ali vs Foreman of Shonen fights for me. Kenshin vs Shishio was a close second. Unless I can turn myself into a kid again I'll probably never feel that level of hype for a cartoon, or at least a fight scene, again.

17. Quincy GiLbert

Quincy GiLbert New Member

My Favorite Cartoon as a Child was "He-Man" !
    And by the way, so was my Favorite Toy Characters Set as well !
    I really loved He-Man , and all of the other characters from that Cartoon. Although the actual "He Man" was my favorite of all.
    Out of the bunch I remember also "Aqua Man" (which has a Movie Version out now in the Theatres), and I also remember other characters as well,but not by their names, as which they were within the cartoon. Like the one which had the Hard Head which could Batter Ram hard structures of all kinds. I remember Castele Grey Skull, with its Leading Evil Character. And I am not sure if the character which could change faces, was the same as the character with that Batterring Head or not.

18. theresajane

theresajane New Member

Why do I feel like the best cartoons ever are those that were released when we were kids? Maybe it's because those were the days when I love watching cartoons. Well, I believe that the best cartoons that I have ever watched were Spongebob Squarepants, Mr. Bean and of course, Scooby Doo.

These cartoons had helped me enjoy my childhood and helped me appreciate entertainment while growing up. When you observe the main characters, they are actually quite remarkable for having their genuine personalities. That's what I like about them, though they face struggles in every episode, they still have their hearts in every decision that they make which is very good for kids, I must say.

19. rhythm87

rhythm87 New Member

My favorite childhood cartoon is Batman: The Animated Series. I have been a big fan of Batman. There are many reasons why I like Batman, but I will summarize it into three. First, he is a superhero without powers. Unlike Superman, The Flash or other superheroes, his personality and intelligence defines him and not superpowers. Second, I like the story line. He helps the police solves mysteries and crimes in Gotham. As a child, at one point or another, I believe we all loved to watch and hear a detective story, or even play a detective role. The series itself also has a lot of action and adventure. Lastly, I love the mystery on the mask behind the man. It is nice to see how Bruce Wayne portraits a play boy or a spoiled rich man, but behind the mask is someone who lost his parents and decided to be a hero to help solve crimes at Gotham.

20. Obalade Damilola

Obalade Damilola New Member

As a child,I watched tons of cartoons.Some I can't remember.Some will never dim in my memory.One of such is votron.Votron was a superhero who helped helpless people.The cartoon will always be evergreen.