IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

What is your hobby as an artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Meet, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Meet

Meet New Member

Do you like painting, sketching, dancing or anything else? Feel free to mention it.

I like to make music, preferably instrumental music on piano in my free time. I also love to play guitar and experiment with electronic sounds.

2. Alaxror12

Alaxror12 New Member

As an artist, my hobby is just drawing. I tend to draw animals or monsters if I am ever in the mood. I am not the best artist but feel with a little more practice I will get there. I feel drawing is just a good way to bring my ideas out. I tend to generally take an hour to draw just one character but I am usually satisfied with what I make.

3. Vyck

Vyck New Member

I love writing and reading. I have always been better at communicating by writing than by talking, even as a child. As I grew older, I started writing fiction and nowadays I'm working on several books I will publish someday. I also love writing songs. Furthermore, I used to be a very good painter when I was a teenager, but I haven't touched a brush in years. I don't know why I stopped doing it. I also love music but I'm more of a listener. I did learn how to play the guitar when I was 10 or so but also stopped practicing for some reason. I haven't had the motivation to go back with it again.

4. Aman Khare

Aman Khare New Member

My hobby, however unconventional, is thinking. I read a lot and write a lot as well. While at it, I get to handle a lot of information and it provides a lot of food for thoughts. Using all the information, I like to think of cases and scenarios in as much details as possible. For instance, a little while back, when media/journalists were creating commotion and providing biased news, all the while fighting over freedom of speech, I analyzed and thought of a regulatory amendment for the laws that govern information and education.

Thinking is a pretty neat hobby, I must say. You can actually delve in many dangerous and unconventional realms without actually doing anything radical. Word of advise, before thinking, gather as much information as you can to make it something really productive.

5. Kimika

Kimika New Member

I love anything about arts just like what I've mentioned on my other post. I do love to paint and play the guitar and piano so whenever I have the time to spare, I do any of these. There are plenty of things that I wanted to paint, most of them are elements of the unseen realms. Fairies, elves and the like are some of the things that I love to draw and paint as I can express my curiosity in an artistic manner.

6. Davies

Davies New Member

You just nailed it!
    My hobby as an artist is drawing cartoons, sketching and doing paintings. I play saxophone professionally.

7. Ashley O'Neal

Ashley O'Neal New Member

My hobby as an artist is making Kumihimo bracelets. Kumihimo is an ancient Japanese braiding technique, and I think it creates beautiful bracelets. The technique is very simple, but the results are astonishing.

Most people use a foam disk with slits cut out of it and a hole in the middle. You cute the amount of strands of string as the pattern says, and position them around the loom. Then, you move the strings on the bottom left and top right to the top left and bottom right. Then, turn counterclockwise. You do this until you have your desired length.

8. brandon_kabinga

brandon_kabinga New Member

An artist loves what he/she does. It might be portery or weaving. I personally love singing.

9. rhonda farley

rhonda farley New Member

I enjoying painting using acrylic paint. I have been painting a little over three years now, and when I do have the time to paint, I truly enjoy doing so. I also enjoy the art of making collages, using items from greeting cards and with items that have been cut out of a magazine and/or newspaper. I have found that Rubber Cement is the best medium for gluing paper items to another surface, without causing damage to the paper.

10. scash2012

scash2012 New Member

Unfortunately, I didn't get lucky enough to get many "artistic genes," but I find that I enjoy doing crafts. That is about as artistic as I can get. Since it is around Christmas time, I have been making a lot of homemade ornaments. They don't always turn out the best, but I always have fun trying!