IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your opinion on Blues Music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sabusan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sabusan

Sabusan New Member

At one point in time blues music was popular. I happen to love blues music and wonder why the decline in it's popularity. Is it the current culture or a specific singer that has since passed away. Or has the genre lost touch with the current culture?

2. Ghost_Writer

Ghost_Writer New Member

Along with Country, Jazz, Rock and R&B, Blues has - without any doubt - a guaranteed place in the hall of the best music genres that already existed. I believe the main problem is the way of making music (in general), which is very different than it was before. At this point, technology becomes influentially negative because only grants recognition for all that becomes popular (in this case: music ) based on what the majority of their customers like to buy.

Unfortunately Blues is not popular as before (and it's far from being among the favorite musical genres of today's teenagers... by the way, they are the vast majority who always buy songs through digital form), and the singers who keep this genre alive are increasingly away from the media radar, causing a worldwide recognition restriction.

3. bella556

bella556 Member

Hi. I like the blues its just I don't hear it all the time. The city where I live have a blues festival every summer and feature different artists. I still like B.b King. Stevie Ray Vaughn too. Maybe there is a place in your city to find about blues events under the chamber of commerce. I hope you can find some concerts.