IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your opinion on mercy killing?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Dee20, Oct 10, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you think euthanasia is morally right?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dee20

Dee20 New Member

Physician-assisted suicide has been a contentious issue for many years. In some cases, a terminally ill patient asks to die, but in other cases, the individuals may be too ill, forcing other people to decide on their behalf. Those who support it argue that mercy killing alleviates pain and suffering, while others consider it unethical.

I feel there is a need to address this subject to support both the medical professionals and clients around the world who are required to make this difficult decision. Do you think euthanasia is morally right?

2. bluerose

bluerose New Member

I read about this issue all the time about using this to kill old people. This has also been suggested to kill a baby that is deformed
    or disabled in some way. Some countries around the world use this to get rid of the senior or babies . I fill this is going against what
    God created for mankind of this earth.

3. TianaMeador

TianaMeador New Member

My husband and I were recently talking about this and I believe it should be a crucial topic in any marriage. He asked me if I would ever go to extreme lengths to help him facilitate his death in his moment of need. Naturally, I had to try to decipher what exactly would be considered a moment of need. This is where the topic becomes an important one to discuss. I told him that if I could tell he was suffering and was not able to, at all, on his own end his life of misery that I would. What it came down to was being a very specific situation that you can only judge when the time comes, but loss of bodily function, brain function, and relying on loved ones to completely keep you alive was the deciding factor. The difficult part came when I asked him if he was experiencing bliss in his mind but was completely non-functional, would that be a deciding factor? If he was physically capable and mentally aware of ending his life on his own, that would be a completely different circumstance. I would not facilitate that. I would have to be able to see that he is clearly suffering and incapable in order to take that action. There's no reason to let a loved one suffer through a life of misery if they choose to end it. So, in order to really make a decision, you must have the conversation if you can. If you can't have the conversation beforehand, there are factors that have to be considered in order to initiate such a controversial process.