IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your phone?

Discussion in 'Computer Graphics' started by shalitha, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Longinus

Longinus New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 mini, it's an quad-core running at 1.4Ghz and has 1.5gb of RAM. It's an ok phone, I don't know if it's just me but the battery life is very subpar, sometimes it last around 12 hours at best. I have played some PSP games on the emulator and it's fast, same with games like asphalt 8 airborne, all of them run without problems. The camera it's great, max resolution is 8mp and it records video at full hd resolution. My only complains are the battery life (maybe I got a defective unit), and the screen resolution.

2. JustLeahHere

JustLeahHere New Member

I had an iPhone on contract (which I am still paying for) but my darling toddler managed to get his hands on it, stuck it in his mouth and it suddenly stopped working. To be honest, I was so glad. It was my first iPhone and I really missed having an Android so I did some research and found a great phone for about £80.

It's a Leagoo elite 4. It comes from China which is how I got is so cheap. The screen is 5" which is also great for the price. The screen quality isn't quite as good as top end phones but it's got 16GB of storage built in. I also like the fact I can use an SD card and the battery is removable.

For what this mobile is, the price is amazing.

Obviously when my contract runs out I'll be looking for a better phone and I can't wait to use a Sony again!

3. TheBigWolf

TheBigWolf New Member

Currently I am using Coolpad Note 5. This is one of the best budget phones. I bought it for 11k Indian Rupees in India and at this price it offers very decent specs-

1. 4 GB Ram
    2. 5.50 Screen Size
    3. 32 GB Internal Memory
    4. 8 Megapixel front camera with flash
    5. 13 Megapixel back camera with flash
    6. Fingerprint Sensor

The performance is also great and I have been using it for almost 6 months and have not experienced any lags.

4. zenJ

zenJ New Member

I'm rocking an iPhone 6 and I have to say I'm more than overjoyed with it. I'm not one of those people who has to buy a new phone when it comes and this one has already lasted me a while which is why I believe it'll be at least until iPhone 9 or 10 before I get a new one. If this one doesn't break until then, of course. I previously has an iPhone 3 and that one lasted a long time.

5. vashk

vashk New Member

Huawei Ascend W1. I have had this phone for over 4 years now and I can't seem to let it go. Its camera is fantastic and the fact that it operates on a windows software is just amazing. I am hooked to my phone's simplicity.

6. cm1821

cm1821 New Member

I have the Huawei P8 Lite. It is very good android phone with 13MP camera .
    It is a cheap phone wich is very good for its price.

7. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I am currently using LG G.3 cell phone.I think so that I should change because now it is not good to use.Sometimes, when I use two or more apps, it just goes down.Sometimes, it irritates me so much that I get anger and want to break it in a second.But still it is too much important for me.

8. markjp94

markjp94 New Member

Right now I currently own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro ever since December 2016 and I have already dropped it a lot of times but luckily it is still alive. My phone have 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage expandable up to 128 GB by the use of SD card. It has a good camera which are 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front-facing camera. The performance of the phone I guess is still the same from the day I bought it, still satisfies me for the features it gives and it is like an iPhone and Android combination kind of smartphone.

9. Vladv26

Vladv26 New Member

My phone is Huawei P9 Lite. It is a very good phone for its price. I like the big screen, the fingerprint, the speed of the phone. For 250$ that I paid for it am I very happy, it works just great.

10. Hello World

Hello World New Member

I am using Letv Le1s. I think this phone is kind of good. This phone has everything that a typical smartphone should have. It has every feature a smartphone should have. This phone is no longer supported by the company. I am using a nougat rom which is great.

This phone is great. I am used it for a long time but it still works great. I am loving it.

11. coolprogramer36

coolprogramer36 New Member

I have a smartphone manufactured by Huawei Inc. It's Y6 pro 2016, it is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Y6 Pro packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.The Huawei Y6 Pro runs Android 5.1 and is powered by a 4000mAh removable battery. It measures 143.10 x 71.80 x 9.70 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 160.00 grams.

The Huawei Y6 Pro is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.This is the best smartphone that I bought.

12. Julliettematu

Julliettematu New Member

I have a tecno Y2 for now. It is not a bad phone since it is dual sim but my problem is that it is too slow on the internet part. I use my phone mostly for browsing so i definitely have to get rid of this phone and buy another one.

13. hesinberg

hesinberg New Member

my phone is xperia z2 ,it was the sony flagship in 2014, the phone is good for me but the biggest con for me in this phone is the selfie camera ,i am using miui 8 rom for my phone and the phone work really well on it ,i hope to change it this year .

14. Phoebe Jeske

Phoebe Jeske New Member

Like alif2002, I also have an iPhone 5s, and I agree with him that it is a great phone, especially for people who don't want to bother with the bigger, newer iPhones, which can be annoying at times. Although it has a small screen, it's extremely powerful as it, as of now, runs all the current operating systems for iOS, and is one of the oldest phones that does so. Personally, I don't see the point in buying a lot of new phones--even one every two years or so. As long as your phone works to call, text, play games, browse the web, and download other apps, why upgrade? Apple, Google, and Samsung want us to upgrade our phones so that they make money. However, it's not always necessary.

15. Meg Esteban

Meg Esteban New Member

What I have is the 2013 released phone which is the Lenovo A516. My first good impression of it was its durability. I have actually dropped it a lot of times but have no trace of any damage. At first, it was going smooth but later on, it became laggy and I experienced ghost touch. It is because of its 512mb of RAM.

The rear camera is not that bad but becomes blurred when you move your hands when taking shots. On the other hand, the front camera is not good as you can’t really see much when taking photos in low light.

The battery is good enough but its processor is performing badly. It only comes in MediaTek MT6572 with Android OS 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Well, cannot be updated. But the good side of it is that during calls, the voice is clear and its sound is good too. It may have dents now after a few years, it is still working.

16. valentine

valentine New Member

I have a phone tablet.It is Android M600.

17. DianeScorpion

DianeScorpion New Member

I have a Samsung A3 on contract. The contract ends next month, and I am debating as to whether to get something new or save myself some money by sticking to this model. To be honest, the only thing I don't like is the size of the screen, it's too small. But, on the other hand, it fits my handbag perfectly! I prefer to use a real camera for photographs, so that's not something I am concerned about.

18. TaguroPart3

TaguroPart3 New Member

I have an LG G5 that I am using right now. Specification are good since it was a flagship device from 2016. Cameras are great, the best of all the phones I had before. Even if I love the specifications, I am not satisfied with the phone's durability. My fingerprint scanner got broken and I tried to replace it. Now, the fingerprint scanner and power button totally died on me. The sim tray got stuck and I had to force it out so I could get my sim. I am using a new sim tray right now that I ordered online. My phone is still functional but I am using button mapping to make use of my volume buttons as lock and power off/restart button. Worst durability out of every smartphone I have used. Thinking of a replacement phone, I am still looking at V30 despite of what happened since there is a time gap between these smartphones and they might have improved already.

19. BlazingFlash97

BlazingFlash97 New Member

I've been holding onto my Iphone 7 now for the past 3 years, even though it was my first phone, and I find it to be quiet helpful. However I'm not gonna jump each time apple tells me to upgrade it to their newest model.

20. axl2468

axl2468 New Member

I have a brand new Samsung J4+ that my parents gifted to me this Christmas. It's not a high-end phone, but it's a big leap from my old LG Stylus phone (which couldn't run any modern mobile games and would erratically crash any apps). It's screen is big enough for playing games and watching videos. It's also fast enough and looks clean.