IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Magrozka, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Magrozka

Magrozka New Member

I like rock and metal

2. Brandi

Brandi New Member

I listen to about everything there is. I used to not like country music, I still don't really. There are a few songs growing on me though. I would have to say my favorite is pop or EDM. mostly because I love going to concerts and festivals and those are the most fun to watch live in my opinion.

3. BestPost3

BestPost3 New Member

I listen to Bollywood music because the lyrics of the songs have deep meaning to them. It also gives you emotions based on the mood of the song, but the video part of the songs are not as great. In addition, Bollywood songs are actually parts of movies that are used as a fast-forward button in the character's life. The best song I like to listen to is "Muqabla" in the movie Street Dancer 3D which means face-off or challenge.

4. Ruellyn Ortega

Ruellyn Ortega New Member

I like listening to all kinds of music, either pop, rock, classics or etc., as long as I am in the mood. I also like listening to princess movies songs as they have a lyrics with deep meaning and can move other people feelings. One of the princess movies with moving song that I like is MULAN, "Reflection." The song is mostly talking about who you really are, and what you are.

5. Kaylise Larsson

Kaylise Larsson New Member

I listen to and enjoy all types of music. But, I have a weird tendency to be drawn to sad music. For some odd reason, sad music makes me feel happier. F0r a lot of people, I hear that sad music makes them feel upset but this is the opposite for me. Sad music actually makes me realize how happy I am. I have an entire playlist, 35 songs, dedicated to my sad songs.

6. Dimnussens

Dimnussens New Member

I'm one of those kinds who can generally listen to anything and not be too unhappy, but to list my actual preferences by biggest tastes are probably folk and traditional types of musics. The recent revival of sea shanties on social media has been great and the renewed interest has given me a lot of new content to dig through. I like classic/golden age country music, the sadder the better, and one of my favorite playlists always starts out with Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves. I've always said bluegrass is metal for country folks, shredding included. I've been massively impressed with the new talent coming out like Billy Strings. I love it when people reinterpret songs into their own style or genre and moreso when they cross genre to do so. Postmodern Jukebox on Youtube is great for those who'd like to get a feel for what I mean.

I don't hold to any particular genres though. I still listen to modern stuff, I like the Eagles and Phil Collins and think Lady Gaga is underrated as a songwriter even if I'm not quite entirely into her style. I give everything a shot whether or not I ever play it again.