IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What makes internet addictive?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by ronnex, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Youngshark

Youngshark New Member

The fact that a lot of distractions can be accessed in any short period keeps people browsing for long periods. Social media sites are an example of the platforms which can keep one glued to the screen for a very long period. If one is a freelancer there is also an unlimited access to lots of information.

Therefore one can find themselves having spent a very long time online without really noticing. When you keep opening links and links with so many shiny things such as adverts popping up from now and then you will always get addicted. On the phone you will also keep getting notifications which prompt you to act and get engrossed even more.

2. Runnercam

Runnercam New Member

To me, its everything you can do on the internet from having fun with friends to working. I find the most fun talking with friends and making things for people to enjoy. I have been addicted to the Internet for a very long time.

3. Ciera Ahlman

Ciera Ahlman New Member

The World Wide Web is the best thing technology has to offer. This amazing yet unpredictable place can easily become an addiction because of all the sorts of information/knowledge that you can discover and learn. If the data on here was to be measured it would be practically impossible. Just thinking about its storage of information is overwhelming.

8.7 billion machines are currently connected to the Internet. In 2015 according to the International Telecommunication Union estimated that 3.2 billion people, almost half of the worlds population, would be online before the Year 2015 was over.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  4. AndeyBH

AndeyBH New Member

For me, the experience itself of endlessly surfing the web, Facebook, You tube, blogs can actually be addictive. Discovering new information is like a drug and gives a pleasurable experience to our brains. To be honest, I feel addicted and can only hope that I will not get the Internet addiction disorder :)

5. Natalie Deaton

Natalie Deaton New Member

I think that the internet is addictive because there is so much knowledge at your fingertips. The trick is to able to find trustworthy sites to search when trying to learn about a given topic. I really enjoy searching credible websites for new and interesting facts. I am also not immune to searching junk websites and gossip sites for a good laugh. No matter what you are searching for you can always find it on the internet. As long a you are an intelligent person and use the internet in a responsible way it is one of of the greatest teaching tools on earth.

6. Ben Benny

Ben Benny New Member

Internet is so addictive because it allows users to form an emotional attachment to other online users.Users socialize and exchange ideas,some of them even chat online,play online games and other internet related activities.Internet makes users to pour out their feelings,secrets and even desires.I can conclude that there are more other reasons why internet has become so addictive to it's users.

7. gemna117_crazyforchloe

gemna117_crazyforchloe New Member

In my opinion, social media and the news are what makes the internet so addictive. Everyone wants to know about everything going on. Everyone is rushing to share every detail of their lives.