IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What makes your favorite musician your favorite?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Charleyyrn, Oct 30, 2019.

?

What Traits make up your favorite musician.

1. Tempo

66.7%
  2. Charisma

100.0%
  3. Fan-base

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Self-esteem

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Charleyyrn

Charleyyrn New Member

As far as I can remember, I have been a fan of music since I was a kid and I know apparently there is no person that can openly say he or she doesn't listen to music. Nowadays it seems musicians have found a way to manipulate right through our hearts depending on what kind of music turns us on.
    The traits that I can say make up my special musician is their Charisma, Fan-base, their tempo, and how well they flow with fans. People usually have different ideas about what makes up their favorite musician, so feel free to drop yours please.

2. dreamhacker

dreamhacker New Member

What makes up my favorite musician is who they are as a person. Their fanbase is a little less important to me, but definitely their morals aligning with mine and them having a similar personality to me is important as well. If I could see myself hanging out with them if they weren't famous, then that makes me like them a little bit more. Overall, who they are as a person and their morals are an important part of why my favorite musician is my favorite musician.

AtzinGallegos and Charleyyrn like this.
  3. Charleyyrn

Charleyyrn New Member

@dreamhacker, your reasons have structured morals in them, kudos for that.

dreamhacker likes this.
  4. AtzinGallegos

AtzinGallegos New Member

What makes someone be my faorite musician is a mix between their talent and their personality. I tend to like people who I consider to be great singers, those who are very good at playing an instrument or that have good songwriting or composing skills. However, I also make a difference between the poeple that I recognize are great and those that I admire.

Take Axl Rose for instance. He's a great singer, he still has a really good voice even after all he's been throguh. But he's been known to be rude, disrespectful and with a huge ego. Those things don't let me be his fan. I don't think I could be a fan of someone who might disrespect me if I ever happen to be in front of them.

Ont the other hand, some of my favorite musicicans are the guys from Apocalyptica. They are a group made of three cellists and a drummer and they are incredibly talented, they are great at playing their instruments. They also happen to be very down to earth, nice and humble people. I was lucky enough to meet them a few times and I felt like I was hanging out with some friends from college. That kind of personality makes me like them even more.

5. emily_elisabeth

emily_elisabeth New Member

Although many people would disagree, I think Taylor Swift is an amazing musician. But, I look past just her vocals. I think many times she stays true to herself despite what other people say. Her songwriting skills are also very impressive. The lyrics are what make me truly enjoy a song and I think all of her lyrics are real and are what draw people into her music.

6. Jayani Williams Johnson

Jayani Williams Johnson New Member

My favourite artist is Frank Ocean. I think he is my favourite because of the topics he discusses in his music. My favourite album by him, Channel Orange, tells a complicated and conflicted love story in order from the first song to the last. I enjoy album structures like that because it adds more meaning and in-depth thinking to the overall message of the album. I like that he tells love stories that include hurt, shame, growth, pleasure, protection and failure. He is not afraid to take blame for shortcomings, he is not afraid to admit the relationship isn't perfect and he's also not afraid to talk about the pleasures that come along with loving someone without making the entire song about sex.