IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What music do you listen to while studying?

Discussion in 'Music' started by mlochless, Jun 6, 2021.

1. mlochless

mlochless New Member

As the title says

2. Pharaoh1

Pharaoh1 New Member

I listen to cools and soul when studying especially because of its soothing play

3. algxbraic

algxbraic New Member

I like to switch between listening to musical soundtracks, classical music, and video game boss fight music while I study.

Musicals work for me because even though they have lyrics, they aren't distracting in the way a different style of music's lyrics would be. I can't explain why it happens that way for me, it just does! Classical music and boss fight music are both research-backed styles that engage the brain- not in the music, but in the action you're taking. When I get bored of Heathers or Mean Girls, I turn to them.

4. Wizbiz

Wizbiz New Member

When studying I like to listen to either "Shuffle Mode" or "All Hits". It is very important that the music is at a low volume, but loud enough for me to hear the song and be able to sing along if need be. I have ADD (attention deficit disorder), therefore I tend to get distracted pretty easily. With these types of playlist I am unable to guess what kind of song will come up next, or even attempt to guess at that. If I would listen to a specific genre like country, and a song I like comes on, it will make me think of a song similar to that, and want to play it. As many people with ADD would know, this is a prime example of how easily it is for us to get distracted. Long story short, instead of studying I will keep thinking of different types of songs that were relative to the first song, causing me to get myself into a jam session instead of studying.

Being unable to predict, or want to guess the next song allows me to focus on studying, while eliminating the distracting silence . Knowing different genres of music are in line allows me to not want to control what I am listening to, instead just enjoying with what I get.

5. Tobifads

Tobifads New Member

I listen to Afro-beats. The tempo is usually just about right to get me far in my studying. It's not as fast as most House, Rock and Hard-metal music which would be very distracting for most people. Its also not so slow that I fall asleep while I'm trying to study. The rhythm of most Afro-beats are just so spiritual that you could fall in love with whatever you are doing at the time you're listening to an Afro-beat song.

6. AnnaMarieW

AnnaMarieW New Member

I like to listen to quiet music where you also have a kind of rhythm. Of course, you get lost in it very quickly and only listen to music and forget about learning very quickly, so listening to music is good but can also be bad if you are still distracted.

7. InkBoy

InkBoy New Member

Whenever I study, I always put on classical music. Some of the Sibelius symphonic works really help me concentrate, and Venus, from The Planets by Gustav Holst. As with all music though, classical music still has completely distracting pieces like the first movement of Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, op. 64.

8. WestVirginia242

WestVirginia242 New Member

It depends on the mood actually. Sometimes I go with Afro beats and let Kompa slowly take over. The sweet melodies comforts me and I focus more on my work. It's like the music helps push me and it keep any other sound that distracts me away. When I'm working, Soca is my go to.

9. Mya

Mya New Member

like to switch among paying attention to musical soundtracks, classical song, and video game boss fight tune whilstI examine.

Musicals work for me because despite the fact that they have got lyrics, they are not distracting inside the way a different fashion of song's lyrics might be. I can't explain why it occurs that way for me, it simply does! Classical song and boss fight music are each research-sponsored patternsthat have interaction the mind- no longer in the music, but inside themotion you take. after I get bored of Heathers or mean women, I flip to them.

WestVirginia242 likes this.
  10. AC10

AC10 New Member

I like to listen to purely acoustic songs because it creates a calm environment and you won't get distracted by faster-paced rhythms or loud instruments. It also helps that there is no sudden change in mood from one song to the next when the instruments and sound levels are the same for every song.