IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What music type are you?

Discussion in 'Music' started by dannixx55, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dannixx55

dannixx55 New Member

Personally, i like listening to pop and rock

What music type fits you the best?

2. itzmetony66

itzmetony66 New Member

It just varies on my mood i think sometimes 80's sometimes country

Cynthia likes this.
  3. ELMEC

ELMEC New Member

80´s, rock, hard rock, metal. Nirvana, GNR, Megadeth, Queens... and musics of the demon :D

4. itzmetony66

itzmetony66 New Member

Sometimes its just talk radio I suppose but it has to be interesting topic

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Member

I like soft rock, hip hop, RnB, African music and Jazz; it depends on my mood. I like variety and no inhibitions.

6. Akoria

Akoria New Member

I love rap and pop.

7. kikofran

kikofran New Member

I like all kinds of music, grew up listening to rap and hip-hop, and I love that kind of music.
    I also like the 80's music, do not know why, is a type of music that I did not do the ears.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  8. IshieVonDyson

IshieVonDyson New Member

I like a bit of everything, but mostly I listen to indie music. It’s such a broad category, there’s something to fit every mood and atmosphere. Diversity in music is something I highly appreciate, and anything from Delays to Gogol Bordello could fall under the indie umbrella.

Hip-hop and electro music also have special places in my heart. I grew up with a lot of the former, and the latter can be so fun and creative. Basically, anything with good bass and a strong beat makes my ears happy.

9. Mncmrn

Mncmrn New Member

I'm all music types, as long as they sound good to me, but I'm very much attracted to classics of rock music. Pink Floyd, Bee Gees, Led Zepellin, America, Simply Red, Chicago, etc. I also love Mac Demarco, Mgmt, and the 1975. There's probably lots more to name, but my favorite band right now is the 1975. I love their music so much. My favorite song from them is called "The city" and I also love "Chocolate", and "Falling for you" excellent songs. I want them to become the number one band in the world. I have yet to go to their concert, but I'm hoping to go very soon. I would love to see them perfume live, I'd probably faint, no, I'm just kidding, I would keep my composure very well. if you don't know them, check them out, you may end up liking their music. My style is modern day hippie so I do enjoy psychedelic and mind opening music. Shpongle is a great group to listen to for that affect. :)

10. fritzyfrea

fritzyfrea New Member

If there's anything that distinguishes a music and the other literary genre, it would be an alternative rock. When we adopt to this class, we normally see the ardent nature of it's lyrics. When we learn the lyrics and hear the song, we commonly perceive the rhythm that captivates our soul. Alternative rock genre for me is the uncommon form of music nowadays. This song is hysterical and unique to my senses.

11. Kiwanis Rucker

Kiwanis Rucker New Member

I like most genres of music, but the genres I listen to the most are Hip Hop, R & B, and Gospel. Growing up my mother was always playing some type of music on Saturday and Sunday. I know that my appreciation for music comes from her. Music has a way of getting into your soul and making you feel good no matter what’s going on in your life.

12. Ellie

Ellie New Member

My husband defines my taste in music as, and I quote, "peculiar".

I listen to a range of music that mostly falls into the category of 'Easy Listening' but has a rather wide range from John Denver and Abba, to Enya and Clannad. The latter 2 also sometime get classed as 'New Age'. I also listen to a lot of soundtracks with my favourites being the soundtracks from 'The Last of the Mohicans' and 'The Last Samurai' and a few years ago I found a composer who falls under the 'World Music' category, Armand Amar, who is an Israeli-born French composer. To top it off, I also like listening to Kate Rusby and to Runrig. The former is classed as Folk Music, the latter as a Scottish Folk Rock Band . So as you can see, my taste is rather varied and 'peculiar'!

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  13. icecat

icecat New Member

I can't imagine having a "type" preference where music is concerned. My tastes are eclectic, and run the gamut with everything from Old rock and roll, like Rod Stewart and Alice Cooper, to Bluegrass, to Classical. I also love vintage Bob Dylan, Sons of the Pioneers and anything by Grace Slick and Starship. Trying to choose a genre of music that actually defines me would be impossible.

14. dragonslayer

dragonslayer New Member

I listen to mostly heavy metal, and most of that comes from Sweden. They have a distinct sound that I love that is hard to find elsewhere. But 80's metal is fine too. Aside from that, I listen to rap. Quite a combination, eh?

15. Lee Ann

Lee Ann New Member

Growing up I enjoyed some of the music form the 90s but the classic rock really hit off well with me. I can remember spending hours listening to my dads records of The Beatles and other great bands. Today I like quite a bit of stuff ranging from oldies, classic rock, country, instrumental and indie pop and rock.

16. Amanda

Amanda New Member

17. kev-ace

kev-ace New Member

Most of the times I like to listen to anything that has some progressive element in it, because rythmical patterns are not the same along the song and the changes make everything more dynamic. I usually get bored soon if an artist has a lot of songs with the same squared rythm over and over. I prefer some weird changes along the song with a little bit of something different here and there, never knowing what to expect on how the song might be.

18. mill603

mill603 New Member

I listen to a little bit of everything. My favorite music I would have to say is 90's hip hop, r&b from the 60's and 70's, and funk music from the 1980's. I can't really connect with current music, I might like a song here and there but whats on the radio isn't for me.

19. Jorge Depriest

Jorge Depriest New Member

I listen to a lot of songs of so many different genres. I guess when it comes down to which I listen to the most, country music is my pick. And by country music, I am talking 'bout artists like George Strait, Toby Keith, John Michael Montgomery, Garth Brooks. I still like those new country songs that come out today but come on, some of those songs aren't country anymore. They call them pop country and I guess that is appropriate for some of those songs but some have already crossed the line from pop country to pop music.:D

20. Anonymux

Anonymux New Member

I do not have only one music type I enjoy. I hear a song I like, I listen to it over and over again, until I get bored of it eventually, then I find something new and so the cycle continues. Of course, I save every song I like in my music library so I can listen to it anytime I want.