IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Sports Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Fini5h, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Mitsosfasi

Mitsosfasi New Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. Jean50

Jean50 New Member

I play basketball , that's my main sport. I also play a little football from time to time, but basketball is my go to. Playing basketball just really take away any built up stress I have and clears my head out. I also play a lot of 2k17 and I'm pretty good at it.

3. toomuchbottle

toomuchbottle New Member

I am an active guy so I'm into sports. I was the captain of the Athletics team during my high school years. Played basketball as a hobby and during college years I played volleyball and became one of the starting 6 of our college varsity team. I also like to try stuff like off trail mountain biking and marathon. Now I'm almost at my 40's I can still play basketball with people 10 years younger than me. I still want to maintain my active lifestyle but with the weather I'm in right now. I just content my self in doing indoor callisthenics. Those are the activities that is helping me stay fit.

4. Sommax

Sommax New Member

Good question. I do play football in my free time. I am a well known footballer in my street. I do play football every weekend just a stone throw from my house. When I was in high school, I led my school team in a competition organised by the state government; and we came back victorious. My role in the pitch is centre forward, and am very good at it. I was nicknamed fox by my friends, because of the way I snick pass defenders to score. Really, football is fun to play.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  5. Taker997

Taker997 New Member

I don't really "play" a sport, but I've been doing boxing since I was 12 and I recently switched to MMA. I'm down to 170 lbs as of right now and I have to say I really love this sport. People who never tried combat sports don't understand how they can really change you and make your life better. I used to be a very passive person and people would take advantage of me. After being involved in combat sports I have a lot more confidence and I'm only surrounded by true friends. I think everyone should try a combat sport at least once in their entire life.

You'll get a lot of physical benefits also, after practicing for a lot of years you'll never feel tired when doing ordinary stuff.

6. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I usually play football and cricket because they make me strong mentally and physically.I daily go to playground to play these games.It is a great source of becoming fit in our free time.I also go far a long race carrying a water bottle with me daily in the morning.That's why I am too far from diseases to become their ultimate prey.

7. mihir225

mihir225 New Member

I like to play Cricket. I used to play Cricket in my school team. After the high-school, I was playing Cricket with my friends in the ground near to my home. I like to watch Cricket matches and I watch Cricket match with my family and friends.

8. kielrivera

kielrivera New Member

I play some sports like Basketball, Volleyball and badminton. But my favorite sport is Basketball. I started playing basketball when I was a kid and I became addicted to it. After attending school, I quickly go to basketball courts even without changing uniforms. When I really learned how to play, I tried to enter Varsity in our school and fortunately, I was qualified. It was a great exposure and it will really help you develop your skills. But the years past, I had an eye problem. I became nearsighted. That's why now, I rarely play basketball because it is very hard for me with my condition. I really miss playing basketball.

9. zebis

zebis New Member

I have great passion for Table Tennis and my friends normally ask me whether I grew up in china. I spend about 3 to 4 hours playing Table Tennis with my friends and am I am never bored or unhappy playing it. I normally think towards if God wants to destroy everything in the world, that he should leave Table Tennis and it's components behind for me. I also play football when my hand start itching from the Table Tennis am playing.

10. Sparks

Sparks New Member

I play football and it gives me joy whenever I'm in the playing field.

11. maxwell123

maxwell123 New Member

I play basketball. I'm a big fan of NBA and my favorite team is Golden State Warriors! and of-course I am rooting with Stephen Curry.

12. Carmilina

Carmilina New Member

I used to play soccer but when I got injured my mom got mad and made me stop. But my fondness of the sport is still there and I am continued supporting soccer teams all over the world.

For now, I am into swimming since it really help my heart to be exercised since I badly needed it for my condition. It also help me to lose weight and strengthen my muscles.

13. vinsenspy

vinsenspy New Member

Football is for me. I used to join a football team at our school back in 2007. That's when I started to be physically active at school in terms of sports. I really enjoyed senior high school because of football. There was just one thing I realized about my ability as a player, the balls might be fast and strong but it was easier for me to catch them rather than use my head kick or whatever soccer players do, the reason why I ended up playing as a lineman. I tried playing baseball as well which I don't consider myself good.

One of my friends tried to recruit me as their new player but I refused. I am currently not doing any sport. I am 30 and I feel my stamina is no longer as strong as how it used to be for any athletic activities. I am working out more when I have free time to keep at least building muscles and gain weight naturally.

14. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

I enjoy playing basketball but by far my favorite sport is Mixed martial Arts. I train primarily in Muay Thai but also Jujitsu, boxing and Judo. I am naturally very athletic and can pick up on most movements with enough practice so I'm willing to give any sport a try. My first love is definitely training in Mixed Martial Arts.

15. Rmarsh1984

Rmarsh1984 New Member

I am a horrible sports player in general. I always did love to play badminton as a child though, however I haven't played in years.
    This past summer, my husband and my daughter got involved in BMX racing. I had been undecided about whether I should join as well as I have another small child to look after, so I had only been around the track a few times to get a feel for it. It is super fun! However I found that we had another baby on the way, and even if I had wanted to, I would not have been able to join up.
    This year I'm registering along with my husband and daughter, and we will take turns looking after the baby on race nights. I'm very much looking forward to it, although as I have not been able to be very active most of this pregnancy, I'm a little afraid of how out of shape I'll be once the season starts. It is far more physically involved than you'd think for a cycling sport. It isn't just all in the leg. You need to use your core and upper body too, which I wouldn't have thought had I not tried it myself.
    Wish me luck! Lol

16. jack888

jack888 New Member

On a daily basis? I bike ride close to 70 miles on most days and play basketball with a group of strangers whenever I'm out on one of those bike rides..I've played Football, tried out for track, and tried out for Baseball back in High School.

17. Francis

Francis New Member

I am a serious sportsman and I do engage myself in more than one sport. I play football, volleyball and I also cycle.

To be more biased, playing football is just my best practice. I have been playing soccer for many years now, and I am still playing it even today.

I was a member of my school’s football team dated back from primary school. I have scored several goals to help my school move to the next level and also to receive some prices.

It is my passion to play football. Right now, I am enrolled in one of the football clubs near my place of residence. We usually train most of the time in a week and also go for competition tournaments most of the time.

18. Dianah08

Dianah08 New Member

Firstly it depends on the type of sports you are talking about, there is the intellectual type of sports while also we have the fitness type of sports, in regards to the intellectual types of sports I play chess scrabble and monopoly I know you might call it a game but it is a sport like every other sports just on a different scale.

The fitness type of sport I love playing golf a lot, I might be much better than Tiger Woods that's if I had put my mind to it, I play golf because of the strategies involved it has always amused me as a child till now, did I tell you that I love racing too? I have a an award on that it was a street race that was when I was younger. I look the first position everyone was surprised that a young girl like me could keep up with such a race, the race was very tedious it covered a whole lot of distance it wasn't all that easy, but I enjoyed every bit of it.

19. jesal

jesal New Member

I enjoy playing badminton with my brother, it's the only outdoor game I play. I would like to try new games but I get tired very fast(health issues).

20. Tiren

Tiren New Member

I also like football, it's so interesting.I play with my team which is very active team. After the game one feel exhausted.

Game are good for the body, it make the body active and the mind active after running throughout the game