IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Sports Do You Watch?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Carol, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Alexandru Andrei

Alexandru Andrei New Member

1. I think that Football is most voted because football is most popular sport
    2. Lot's of the votes are boys
    3. and finnaly because lots of people like this sport

2. troslim

troslim New Member

I watch a few different sports. I watch football/soccer very regularly, play that as well. It is really big in my country as well as in Europe. I also watch basketball, ice hockey and american football whenever I can.

3. bauss

bauss New Member

The only sports I watch are Hockey and Basketball. I love my Toronto sports though, and support all Toronto teams. I'll watch any Toronto team play, if they're in the playoffs, but I'll be way more excited if it's the Leafs or Raptors that are playing, and doing well.

4. nejnej25

nejnej25 New Member

I am watching volleyball, basketball, baseball and cycling as well. This sports are awesome! I learn a lot about them by just watching it on television and internet. I play volleyball and basketball always but I want to play baseball more and ride a bicycle.

Sport is part of my life. I am addicted specially when it comes to baseball. I often play that but I really love that much so I just watch it always. You guys should try this sport too! I'm sure you will like it. Just give it a shot.

5. lancemarcel

lancemarcel New Member

American football is by far my favorite sport to watch. I have been watching football since I can remember, my favorite team was the Los Angeles Rams. Football shaped my early childhood to the point of a lifetime obsession. To this day I participate in multiple fantasy football leagues. Every sunday during the NFL season is a big day for me.

6. milksheikh

milksheikh New Member

I watch football, basketball and soccer occasionally. Mostly, I watch football and basketball every week/day. I am excited about who will go to the NBA Finals, the teams I have rooted so far have been winning it all. I hope and I believe the Cavaliers will get to the Finals and beat the Warriors.

7. Nell

Nell New Member

I watch SEC college football! My husband and I are huge fans of the Georgia Bulldogs, and will find a TV on Football Saturdays no matter where we are. In fact, we will usually pass up trips and outings on a Saturday that Georgia is playing, just to be by the television. If Georgia is not playing, we will look for any other SEC game that might be on. This is usually to cheer against someone, or to cheer for the team whose winning will best serve Georgia in the rankings.

8. KingInfo

KingInfo New Member

I quite often watch Tennis, especially the Wimbledon competition. In saying that, I can't stand watching women's, as their grunting is hideous.

9. blackheart09

blackheart09 New Member

My favorite sports to watch on television is basketball
    and some time i watch tennis whene Roger Federer or rafael nadal is playing

10. acoloradogirl

acoloradogirl New Member

The only form of competitive sports that I really enjoy watching is baseball! I love the Saint Louis Cardinals. Although I live in Colorado and also am a Rockies fan, I cannot help but root for the Cardinals.

I grew up in Saint Louis watching and listening to Jack Buck, Whitey Herzog, Ozzie Smith, Jack Clark, Vince Coleman and I guess I am simply a die-hard! I have been to a few games in Denver and it is simply not the same! The crowd didn't seem to be the least bit excited and I could not even hear the commentator because people were too busy talking about other things.

11. fabiof00

fabiof00 New Member

I do not watch any sports that much because I am never watching TV much. I do play some sports such as Track, I did Basket Ball and Football. I know all the rules in both the sports I use to play and in track I am just learning. Therefore the last answer is; I do like watching sports when i get the time to sit and relax but that doesn't happen very often.

12. gravity

gravity New Member

I love to watch football, tennis, and badminton on TV. I like tennis the most, and I stay glued to TV during Grand slam season. Men's tennis, in particular, is extremely attractive and I hardly ever miss a match.

13. komolo

komolo New Member

Am surely spoilt for choice because I love sports and watch almost all disciplines. However my favourites are soccer, athletics, tennis, basketball and boxing. It thus explains why my weekend is mostly spent watching the major soccer leagues, IAAF meetings, grand slams, NBA and boxing title fights.

14. bennewcombe

bennewcombe New Member

I only like to watch football and rugby.

Football because it's my favorite sport, and i follow the premier league so i like to know what the scores are every weekend.
    But rugby purely because I love to watch men run around and hurt themselves, it's hilarious :) what sports do you guys like to watch?

15. Kogitsune-kon-kon

Kogitsune-kon-kon New Member

I only really tend to watch cycling, basketball or Tennis - although watching Basketball in the UK is a little hard since very few channels actually show it and if they do it's at really awkward times, like 1 am.
    I can't wait for Le tour de France!

16. tlcrocket

tlcrocket New Member

I am a fan of all the 4 major sports, football, basketball, baseball and hockey. Each offers something different.

Baseball is probably my favorite; it's called the National past-time for a reason. It allows for discussion and appreciation during the game. But it is the perfect melding of an individual and a team sport. Each pitch brings countless possible outcomes. Each day bring the possibility of a spectacular play; and there is nothing on earth more beautiful than a well-turned 6-4-3 double-play to get out a speedy runner at first. It is also a legacy sport - one that passes from generation to generation. Some of my fondest memories are of being at the ballpark with my father and then with my son. Twenty-plus years hence I still smile at seeing his name on the Jumbtron on his 10th birthday. Now he is building similar memories with his kids.

Hockey is just amazing! At some point during every game I say t myself, "hockey is hard!" There are times when it seems the most difficult thing in sports is preventing a goal from being scored. At other times it seems the most difficult thing is scoring a goal. The speed, toughness, hand-eye coordination needed make this sport don't miss.

Football is just the clash of gladiators.

I am so happy NBA basketball is returning to a true team sport. As much as Michael Jordan was great he created an era where each player's goal seemed solely to make it on the ESPN top 10. Today there are sill phenomenal plays nightly, but it is now more of an overall team game with great passing and ball movement.

17. matthesteruk

matthesteruk New Member

The sport I watch the most is without question MMA, the UFC, I watch that all the time when its on, which is usually every weekend or at least every other weekend. It depends what's on at the time. When the soccer season comes around I'll watch the EPL but its not on at the moment so I'm watching the tennis. Sometimes snooker when the big competitions are on, the same with the cricket. You can tell I'm British lol

18. kalisha streeter

kalisha streeter New Member

The Only sport I really enjoy watching is basketball , the team that I watch is Team heat from Miami , fl . I enjoy watching them , because they're the true definition of team players in my opinion . Other teams I watch it only be one team player that plays to win for the team , but in the case of Miami Heat basketball team they stick together and play for the team ,and not just for themselves .

I didn't like when lebron James came to heat , just to leave , because if that's the case that he was going to leave he should of just stayed in Cleveland to begin with.

19. Alex89

Alex89 New Member

My number one favourite sport to watch is without a doubt football! I have been watching and playing football since i was a kid and my favourite team is Manchester United. I also enjoy watching other sport like: cross country skiing, alpine skiing and ski jumping. Those sport are maybe not that populare around the world, but at least here in Norway it really is:)

20. will.247

will.247 New Member

I am English so for the sake of the American language, my favorite sport is undoubtedly "soccer" or as we call it: real football. In particular however, the Arsenal! I have been watching and playing since I was about 7 or 8 and the fact that there is a match almost every week (apart from the summer break) makes it much more exciting.

I will be supporting my beloved team at the Emirates Stadium in London where I HOPE to get tickets to watch the first game of the season...vs West Ham. It will be special COYG!!!