IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What was the Korean Drama that started it for you?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mimi143, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Mimi143

Mimi143 New Member

I have watched a lot of Korean dramas and I keep updated every time. I love Korean dramas because of its beautiful stories. Sometimes sweet, sometimes sad and happy. Their stories for me are the right blend. You can choose from a lot of genres. Do you want to watch sad dramas? Watch Scarlet heart, Stairway to heaven and Endless Love. Most of the Korean dramas I watched have a very heart-wrenching story. But if I want something sweet and light, I go for Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, His beautiful, The Heirs and many more. They also have historical, sci-fi, and mythical dramas. You can choose from a lot of dramas. Whatever genre you like, they can give it to you.

The Korean drama that started it all for me is the Princess Hours. I first watched this drama when I was in first-year high school. I fell in love for the first time with this drama. What's yours?

2. Ywun

Ywun New Member

The first Korean movie that touched my heart is "autumn in the heart". Same to you, I love Korean movies as they are sweet, and vivid. Of course, I love dramas a lot! My favorite ones are mostly historical ones where you can enjoy both the culture and the movie itself.

3. Rebecca

Rebecca New Member

Before, I don't really watch Korean Dramas as it was cheesy for me and most of the plots are recycled. However, when I encounter She Was Pretty, starring Park Seo Joon and Hwang Jung Eum, I started to get addicted and watched the series non-stop for consecutive days.

She Was Pretty is the typical Korean Drama that is cheesy and has a recycled plot. I didn't know why I was hypnotized by my cousin to watch it. Most of the time, while watching a drama, it's not how gorgeous the plot is or how famous the characters are but how the drama, the characters pierce through your soul.

After She Was Pretty, it turns into a snowball, I consecutively watched Korean Dramas for months and discover that not all of them are alike, of course, they aren't, I think I'm just too lazy to search before. I recommend you to watch Kill Me Heal Me. One of the best Korean Dramas I've ever watched with the best actor and actresses.

4. decemberry

decemberry New Member

I would also say the first Kdrama that started it for me was Endless Love 1 (Autumn in my heart), Starring Song Hye Kyo. The ending was heartbreaking as the female lead character took her final breath while being piggy backed by his lover on their last trip to the sea side. After this one, I started watching Korean movies like Windstruck and dramas like Stairway to heaven, Bali and more. I find Korean dramas and movies simple, but they are so well orchestrated that you will always see yourself moved by the storyline.

5. Jaye Candice Ramintas

Jaye Candice Ramintas New Member

When I got tired of the usual american series I tried korean dramas. At first It was out of boredom but after I had watched “Empress Ki” I realized that there’s more to korean dramas other than those cheesy thing I’ve seen so far that younger age this days prefer. And I got hook up! I also learned about history of Korea.

6. Katarina Murtin

Katarina Murtin New Member

BOYS OVER FLOWERS. Over the years I realized a lot of people started with this drama. It is a perfect combination of friendship, school and love. It really shows how Korean society works. And plus, the show makes you want more of Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun- Joong. They are really something. Thanks to them I watched dramas like Playful kiss and Personal taste. So, if you have not watched the show by now, you definitely should.