IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What was your favorite subject in school?

Discussion in 'Education' started by KenBrace, Apr 12, 2015.

1. studziak

studziak New Member

School.... I remember long and boring days spent in school. It was seriously annoying. I don't mean that I didn't want to expand my knowledge. I know that education is one of the most important detail of our live, which let us assure a future life. Unfortunately, system of education in my country is not proper enough. They teach you how to solve an exercise by scheme.

There is only maths, which demands us to use brain. It was my favorite subject. The teacher knew how to explain a lot of exercise. He was demanding, but lessons were very exciting. Now I'm studying maths in university. I can see it's the really hard subject. Sometimes I want to surrender and leave everything to stay in calm. Anyway I wish you were pass all your exams in school. Good luck!

2. hope7

hope7 New Member

My favorite subject in school was my typing class. Typing is really good to learn. Especially today, with having to type on a laptop or personal computer. I'm glad I know how to type, because I can get documents typed much faster than most people. I often see people typing on their laptops or PCs with one finger and having to look at the keyboard.

3. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

My favorite subject in high school was band class. I learned how to play the drums. Well, actually I learned by accident. My original intention was to learn the xylophone, but the instructor put me on the snare. Anyhow, I really began to enjoy drums more than the xylophone.

As far as usefulness goes, the most useful high school class I took was typing. The preceding statement is especially true now since the internet has taken over. However, the internet didn't exist when I was in high school.

4. khatlyn

khatlyn New Member

I haven't a favorite subject in school but i kinda like my native language, Romanian, and i always made compositions and articles that were published in the school magazine.

5. sabrina

sabrina New Member

My favourite subjects In school was English-language , Home Economics,Food and Nutrition and Clothing and textile. They were my favorite because they brought out the best in me and I had interest in nothing else.

6. goer

goer New Member

my favorite subjescts are math and history .One of the best in class.

7. pixie

pixie New Member

My favorite subject in school was English, I preferred the subject over all other subjects and actually despised Mathematics, I'll forever be grateful to my mom for instilling a reading culture in my life from a very early stage and as a result it made me love the language and want to know more, perhaps in the near future I just might go back to school and learn some more English language {Bachelor of Arts in English...hmm...rubbing my chin in deep thoughts...why not?}

8. goer

goer New Member

9. deadline9097

deadline9097 New Member

Schooling was the best time ever I had in my life . It was the time, I still remember . If someone would have asked me to wish for something, it would have been the childhood with same school and same class mates & teachers.

I was not much into studies, but used to enjoy every class on every subject . We used to have around 60 students in a class and it was fun making noises, throwing papers, teasing , fighting , harassing teachers etc..

No doubt, every subject were good and enjoying , one of my favorite turned out to be Maths. Mathematics as a subject is as deep as an Ocean, more you explore, more you know about it. It made me thinking and exploring and getting the logic's around the algorithms . It drew my attention and interest a lot towards it . I loved it a lot.

When , I came to know , that the Number "0" (Zero) was invented by Aryabhatta ( An Indian mathematician, in 498 AD), I was very proud to be born here and it made me develop more interest and respect towards Maths.

10. yoyo88

yoyo88 New Member

When I was in school I was so ready to be done and have it over with I never thought I'd be missing it so much . I didn't realize how much I loved to learn until I was an adult . I wish I could go back I really enjoy history if I only could go back I missed so much .

11. mariejane

mariejane New Member

I love biology, the study of plants and the way organisms interact with the environment. The study of biological molecules it's just so exciting. The structure and function of DNA, I love being able to learn and understand all these things that surrounds us on a daily basis.

12. rose

rose New Member

English was my favorite subject. My essays used to be read in class as good examples and this that went on up to high school. It was better in high school since we were well rewarded with presents. I guess that's why I have always liked it.

13. jserrano

jserrano New Member

My favorite subject is Mathematics. I am not so good with this subject but I am really enjoying solving mathematical problem. Because I believe that we use Mathematics in our everyday life.

14. Tereaca Andrey

Tereaca Andrey New Member

Material Science and Biology is my favorite , I love working online and not think it's something different : D

15. Jorge Depriest

Jorge Depriest New Member

Mathematics. Now, don't raise en eyebrow. I liked math but that does not mean I was very good at it because I still sucked at it. I mostly just liked how the problems gets me to really be challenged. Don't get me wrong, just like most experienced, solving does not put a smile on my face but after the experience, I was exhausted but still liked the thought that I actually went through the experience.:D

16. RangaNayaki

RangaNayaki New Member

Mathematics and History were my favourite subjects in school. I had my cousin tutor me History, he was so good at history that he would explain everything as a story and I would write the entire story in my exams just as he used to explain. I was weak in mathematics and my teacher complained to my parents about my bad scores, then on, my dad taught me mathematics every day after work and my scores skyrocketed and eventually I graduated school with 93% in mathematics.

17. prometeheus

prometeheus New Member

My favourite subject is Anatomy.

18. 6ends

6ends New Member

Physics was my favorite subject. I liked playing with mechanical machines very much. I could find time and repair toys, radios and other common household electronics. This made me curious to learn about them.

19. burrdun

burrdun New Member

I liked Art, History and English the most, yet ended up doing Science at university then teaching it. Strange how interests change sometimes as you get older! I still love History but have very little interest in Art now.

20. AnAngel65

AnAngel65 New Member

I loved mathematics subject back in school. I used to feel so lonely and down in school since I do not have many friends, but i would be super excited and full of happiness when it is mathematics periods. I still do not know why, the thrill of solving questions and understanding what the teacher were teaching make me so happy. I do not like account though, dealing with money makes me sick, is it weird? I guess it has to do with my Mathematics teacher who is very friendly and cheerful. It is true that a teacher can change the interest of his/her students towards a subject.