IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What was your sentiment towards KPOP before getting into it?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lauren Chutta, Jul 14, 2020.

Tags:
?

What was your sentiment towards KPOP before getting into it?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2020.
  1. Opinion based on toxic "stans"

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Opinion based purely on interest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lauren Chutta

Lauren Chutta New Member

Kpop has a bad reputation among the general public. Maybe it's because of the prevalence of toxic and vocal kpop "stans" on Twitter or the sentiment that kpop is just for 12 year old girls who like...say BTS. And, I hate to admit, that was my sentiment too. I would always dismiss kpop as being "cringy" or "toxic," but maybe I actively hated kpop so much because I was afraid of liking it. My friend was a huge BTS fan, so I decided to give it a chance. Next thing you know, I was sucked in. The dancing, the singing, and the whole community surrounding it caught my interest so fast. Now, embarrassingly enough, you could see me being that fan I once swore to destroy. So, I'm asking, what's your story?

2. Eunbi Jung

Eunbi Jung New Member

Honestly, I was once a K-pop hater too. Before I got into K-pop, I wasn't that much into music. I found myself listening only to a few Western artists, including Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. I didn't like how people would go crazy over Koreans singing, dancing and acting cute. The prejudice of the general public towards K-pop fans' loud and "toxic" attitude didn't help. I couldn't accept the fact that they produce good music too.

A friend of mine introduced me to K-pop and now, I couldn't imagine a day without listening to Korean pop songs. Jin, a BTS member, was once someone I couldn't see as handsome. It's unbelievable, but he even became my bias!

K-Pop has always been receiving hate without people even knowing what it is as a music genre. Like the other music genres, K-Pop should also be acceptable in today's society without its fans having to receive hate.