IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What would be your favorite role in Hogwarts?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by AngelInferno, Apr 3, 2020.

1. AngelInferno

AngelInferno New Member

Assuming Harry Potter Franchise was real, and we are Muggles. What would you do if you were accepted into Hogwarts as a Witch or Wizard?

Which House would you like to be in?
    Which Class would your Major and Minor be?
    Who would you become?

2. Johanna

Johanna New Member

I would love to be in Ravenclaw house. I have always considered myself to possess some of their usual qualities, in this case striving for knowledge and being wise beyond their years. If I had to pick a major, it would probably be Defense Against the Dark Arts. If I were a witch in Harry's time this would prove to be quite useful later on. My minor would likely be Potions, it's amazing the power that a good chemist can have in a magical world.

As far as my destiny in the wizarding world goes, of course I would love to say I would be on the "good" side of things. It was largely only members of Slytherin house who decided to join Voldemort's cause. I do think I would have supported Harry and joined Dumbledore's Army. Lord only knows what I would have done having been threatened by the Dark Lord though.

3. Wolfgirl

Wolfgirl New Member

I would love to be a Ravenclaw, but according to Pottermore, my husband, our extended friend group, four buzzfeed quizzes and a sorting hat bathbomb, I am decidedly a Gryffindor.

My favourite classes from the books are Care of Magical Creatures, Charms and Defense against the Dark Arts. I think I would follow in the footsteps of Newt Scamander and Charlie Weasley and major in Care of Magical Creatures, with a career in Magical Creature conservation.

4. lindbergh

lindbergh New Member

If Hogwarts was real, that would be the most awesome thing ever. Having witches and wizards gather in one place to learn is amazing. If I would ever be in Hogwarts, I would want to be a wizard in Gryffindor house because that's where Hermione (my crush) was in. Also, it's the most famous house in all of Hogwarts.

I would also want to be a professor in Hogwarts after graduating from this prestigious school. Teaching has always been my passion and it always will be. And to be able to teach in the best witchcraft and wizardry school would be magical.

5. nwa1

nwa1 New Member

All things being equal and if my Pottermore sorting holds from when I was a user of the site, I'd probably be a Slytherin, which suits me just fine. There's something to be said for ambition and cunning when used the right way, and I'd hope that the culture of the house has since evolved from what it was in the books.

I'd probably major in Potions and minor in something like Charms. I've always been a bit of a nerd and there's something about the idea of brewing different mixtures that have a variety of uses that appeals to me. It'd also be useful in becoming a Healer, which is something I'd like to try my hands at. If not, I'd go with History of Magic and Transfiguration before settling as a librarian at Hogwarts or another magical institution.