IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's the scariest movie that you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by anorexorcist, Jun 7, 2016.

1. anorexorcist

anorexorcist New Member

As a scary movie fan I'm always trying to find new and scary content, and let's be honest, some of the movies nowadays that are considered scary, just have blood spilling everywhere or the content is not something that we haven't seen before.
    So, I'm on my summer break right now and I have a little bit more time to search that content, it's been a week already and I only can mention one movie that in my opinion, is one of the most scariest movies that I have ever seen: Martyrs. Oh my god, that movie really got into my skin! Even if it has (a lot) of blood on it, I think that the horror goes beyond that, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but if you haven't seen it yet, you should, I would love to hear your opinion on that movie.

So, what about you? what's the scariest movie that you've ever seen?

2. debel22a

debel22a New Member

Hmm...there are two that rank up there for me in terms of "scary". The first movie is "Hush"; that kept me awake at night for a good three days or so. There was definitely blood, but the creepy factor outshines the blood in a lot of ways. (The predator is stalking a deaf woman in her own home, in the middle of the woods. It sounds cliche, the horror is so real). The other movie is Unthinkable. I'm not sure I'd classify it completely as a horror film, but it definitely keeps your brain turning. There's a lot of psychological torture involved, and the whole plot line of the film just got to me. I'd definitely recommend watching them both!

3. Mauricio O Freire

Mauricio O Freire New Member

I remember the first "Conjuring" and the remake of "Evil Dead" were really scary for me. Not that I could not sleep at night or something, but some moments really gave me chills. The same thing happend when I saw "Paranormal Activity 1 and 2" and the American version of "The Grunge" in 2004. This last one I watched at the cinema and many people in the room was screaming very loudly, and I had to hold tight to not do the same.

But the scariest movie I have ever seen is "The Exorcist". I watched when I was already a grown up, the 2000's remastered version, but even though I could never watch it again. None of the ones I mentioned anyway!

4. NicoleSan

NicoleSan New Member

As a child I was a fan of the thriller Sleep Away Camp. Since today's film making and production standards differ tremendously if you actually view the film you may find it incredibly cheesy. Nevertheless, in 1989 it was packed full of horror and gore: the kind that leads to uneasy sleeping during the night coupled with nightmares and sweats.

The thing that made this film so scary was the element of it being something that could actually happen. There were no fantasy elements or scary supernatural beings, just ordinary everyday people who fell victim to misfortune.

5. Browncoat

Browncoat New Member

The movie Insidious scared the crap out of me. It's about this family trying to save their son after he slips into a coma for no apparent reason. The doctors don't know what to do. In desperation, the family goes to a psychic for help.

It turns out that the little boy has the gift of astral projection (he can project his spirit outside of his body), but he doesn't know he is doing it. At night the little boy thinks he is dreaming, but really his spirit has left his body. A demon has captured him, and that's why he's in a coma.

I found it scary because I've always believed in astral projection, psychic powers, and ghosts. I'm not so sure that demons exist, but who knows.

6. Knitting

Knitting New Member

I watched Hush recently too and I completely agree, it is a real sitting on the edge of your seat type of film!

I think the film that has scared me the most at the time, and one that years later I still go back to occasionally when I need a scare, is Wolf Creek. Oh my goodness the first time I watched that film it was so uncomfortable! It's a real cat and mouse thriller with an awful lot of tension. Perfect for a cuddle up on the sofa with your hubby!

About a year ago I watched the sequel to it. I was expecting great things and was terribly disappointed.