IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Marius, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Marius

Marius New Member

Mine is old, but gold - Titanic.

Bluebird likes this.
  2. Amanda!

Amanda! New Member

My favorite movie is Harry Potter. I loved watching him grow and grow every year. The actors were really good and the movie was well filmed. I really enjoyed watching it and watch it over and over. If anyone has not seen harry potter they are really missing out. The only thing I would change is I would not let Dumbledore (the original school headmaster) die. I would have somehow changed that part, Other then that I think it was a great movie! My favorite part was in the first movie when he first finds out he is a Wizard.

Bluebird likes this.
  3. Ajah

Ajah New Member

My favorite movie is the Harry Potter series in total. That entire series books included really helped shape my childhood, looking right now at my entire DVD collection and feeling so much joy.

4. njigs

njigs New Member

My favourite movie goes by the name Pirates of The Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales. In this movie Johnny Depp who goes by the name Jack Sparrow, uses his formidable mind to defeat Captain Salazar who is troublesome to defeat because of being supernatural as a result of being cursed. The movie is exhilarating to watch. The plot contains interesting scenes such as perils and wonders of the sea.

Captain Jack Sparrow is an extraordinary character who is funny, full of wit and exciting to watch. The movie contains a mixture of comedy, horror, adventure and action hence worth watching. I mostly like watching the way Captain Jack Sparrow sways as he stands.

Ingabo likes this.
  5. j_bar_

j_bar_ New Member

My favourite movie is a Bollywood movie called 3 idiots. It's about the pressure faced by students due to an unfair education system. It is a very funny as well as emotional movie. I can watch it over and over again.

6. Ingabo

Ingabo New Member

I will go for Thor any day, it's really amazing, the accent, the fact that there are realms not continents, the looks too don't forget the looks.

At some point I actually almost believed the existence of Azgard and the hammer, that hammer.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  7. shirumuiyuts

shirumuiyuts New Member

My favorite movie of all time is Overboard 1987 that featured Goldie Hawn as Joanna Stayton and Kurt Russell as Dean Proffitt. It is one of those movies that I have re-watched countless number of times,I started watching it with my mum as a child and up until now it is still a classic for me.
    There is another version that has a twist on the story line ,this time round the guy is the one who goes overboard.Fingers crossed hope it will live up to the first film.

8. Cindy Christmas

Cindy Christmas New Member

Mine is very old, Halloween.

9. billwaf

billwaf New Member

I couldn't agree with you more @j_bar_. The three idiots is one of my favourite movies off all times. It has sheer sense of humour to capture the attention of the audience. Furthermore, it is an inspiring movie with important life lessons of friendships and realising ones true goals of life other than the ones dictated by the contemporary society.

10. silvermists

silvermists New Member

My favourite movie is Blazing Saddles. It is a satire on racism. It brings up a heavy subject in a light-hearted way that gets people talking and thinking about it. Full of great old Hollywood comedians like Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Harvey Korman and Cleavon Little. I was kept laughing throughout the entire movie. Every gag was funnier than the next. Mel Brooks is one of the most talented comedians of all time.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  11. acewheel001

acewheel001 New Member

If, by favorite, we mean the movie that I've been watching for more than five times, then mine would be the movie entitled Empire of the Sun. I like the movie because of three things:

First, it's a historical film. I like watching documentary films because they are true-to-life productions. And if by chance I am able to watch a film that is historical then I really go for it.

The setting of the film is in China, before World War II started. It's a story of a wealthy British aristocratic family who was somewhat caught flat footed when the Japanese invaded China.

The film features old pre-war houses, British customs, the seemingly cold relationship between colonial masters and servants, and the overall atmosphere that pervaded during those times.

As the film progresses, we witness how the Japanese troops finally succeeded in subjugating the whole place, of families being separated from each other, and how they all landed in concentration camps and led their lives there until the end of the war.

Second, it's a story of survival. The main actor is a boy who incidentally grew up to be the lead actor in the film Batman.

In the story, we see the boy separated by the crowd from her parents. He goes back to his house and stays there until all supplies ran out. He was accidentally "discovered" by an american soldier who was hoping he could trade the boy for a hefty sum upon learning about his aristocratic background. The plan however didn't materialize as they were both caught by the japanese after unknowingly intruding into a japanese territory.

Their fates, along with the other Brits, have been interlocked at the concentration camp where they experienced so many hardships under their new japanese masters. It's exhilirating to see how a young boy was able to build his wings and strenghten his backbone despite the hopelessness of living inside a Japanese military camp.

Third, the movie happily ends. I am a normal person who aims not just to be happy in life but to see films with happy endings. I go for stories that are triumphant especially when the whole film was all about hardship and despair.

In the end, when the concentration camp was already visited by those who survived the war, the boy was reunited with his parents. Probably desensitized by the ghastly horrors of war , the boy was embraced by his mom but his reaction was initially stoical, until he sheds a tear and realizes that the war was finally over and he was back to his family.

Perhaps it's a little bit cliched when we say that a film gives us a moral lesson. But the movie Empire of the Sun did just that: whereas, one doesn't really choose his life at all times, but just the same, he has to exert his best, not just to survive but to thrive, and be happy, in the end.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  12. Reah Mae Poralan

Reah Mae Poralan New Member

I think one person can't have a favorite movie. Because admit it, you have no clear choice right? There's always two or more. Me? I like The Princess Diaries, one and two. Also, Monte Carlo, Grown Ups and Guardians Of The Galaxy. I'm more into girly movies, the kind of movies that me and my girls watch on a sleep over. Musicals, romance, thriller and comedy. There's a lot of excellent movies out there that's why I can't have a favorite.

13. Devesh Bhati

Devesh Bhati New Member

Interstellar. I love sci-fi

14. MrThoughter

MrThoughter New Member

My all-time favorite movie is 3 Idiots. It so happened that my brother introduced the movie to our family when I was a 9th grader. As a side note, my brother is a Mechanical Engineering student. Since the movie focuses on Engineering students, it must have a great impact to my brother. It's also worth noting that I'm planning to take up BS Chemical Engineering that time. Thus, the movie sparked up my interest.

I like how I experience a lot of emotions when I watch the movie. Specific scenes would make me laugh then suddenly I get teary-eyed. Then conflicts come which sparks up an intense emotion. It's absolutely a roller-coaster-ride of emotions.

Years later, I pursued BS Chemical Engineering. If people will ask me if how many times I did watched 3 Idiots, I'll always say "countless times". Every time I feel down due to College struggles, 3 Idiots became my go-to movie if ever I need a boost. The movie seriously helped me. And it's during my college years that I see this movie as a bigger roller-coaster-ride of emotions for Engineering students.

15. Bluebird

Bluebird New Member

It has to be 'The Breakfast Club' for me. I absolutely adore this movie! I tend to like coming-of-age movies in general, but this one really stands out to me. For anyone that doesn't know, it's a bunch of teenagers who are all completely different from each other sitting in detention on a Saturday afternoon. They overcome differences, get to know each other, have a blast, get angry, get sad, get happy. If you haven't watched it, then you definitely should!

16. AnneJk18

AnneJk18 New Member

My favorite movie of all time is Harry Potter. I actually read all the books first before watching the adaptations. And so far, it is still the best movie for me. The creators of the movie really did well same as the actors. I'm so happy before that after reading the books I was able to watch the movie adaptations. Though, there some changes in the movie but it's okay. It's not really the key point of the story.

17. Jetselle Santos

Jetselle Santos New Member

Well I have more than 10 movies that I always love but this is my top 3.

Limitless. It's about a guy down on his luck, unsuccessful, unremarkable, who manages to get ahold of a medication that can supercharge his mental acuity to a nearly superhuman level. It's extremely fascinating to me to witness the changes that he makes in his life and the influences that he has on the people and the world around him when he's given a chance to tap into his potential. Lots of entertaining moments, never slow.

12 Years a Slave. An African American man is wrongly convicted and captured by white slaveowners where he is forced to live on a plantation for twelve years. Mind you, he is legally a free man during this time period, and the film is based on a true story about a slave named Solomon Northup. It's an interesting, though jarring, look into the time period about how slaves were treated by their owners, and it'll stick with you.

The Sunset Limited. This is a slow, methodical film where the plot is based entirely on dialogue between two people (Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L Jackson) in a room together, reminiscent to the formula of "The Breakfast Club" or "Twelve Angry Men" before it. That doesn't make it boring by any means. It explores two different perspectives, a Bible-believing Christian with a criminal past and an atheist college professor with an urge to commit suicide. It depicts a gripping debate between their worldviews as the two men slowly unravel things about one another.

18. hasany123

hasany123 New Member

My favorite movie is The Dark Knight,a movie that achieves perfection in every way. The script is really good ,it's a full of action and the acting is nice all around. Heath Ledger gives the second greatest performance ever and really makes you fear the Joker.

19. Silent

Silent New Member

The best movie that has ever existed is IT ( the remake of the great book IT written by Stephen King ). This horror movie gave my some nightmares xd. I really suggest you to watch the IT ,but be careful it is very horror :D .

20. Vheeno

Vheeno New Member

I love the movie entitled 'Legend' which was released in 1985 starring Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. I was only 5 years old during that time. The movie is about the mythical unicorns that are guiding light.

Jack (Tom Cruise) did his best to bring back the horn from the mischievous goblin to restore the light and end the curse in the land. Until now, I still watch the movies of Tom Cruise. He's indeed a very skilled actor and the best when it comes to versatility.