IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's Your Opinion on Multi Level Marketing?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blueleaf, Apr 15, 2015.

1. blueleaf

blueleaf New Member

I've been to multi level marketing companies and networks and I fully understand how it works. The problem now is there are lots of people creating same kind of businesses and doesn't really take it seriously that other companies shut down after a year or so in the business. And their are other people who did not fully understand how it works and make a contribution in making a bad name to MLM industry. If only people really understand the gem behind MLM they will be breaking the wall just to get through it. But sad to say a lot of us join to a low quality MLM company and if they don't like it or they have experiences in that company they will tell others that MLM in GENERAL is a scam, it's a fake. They get hurt from one company and in return ruin the reputation of all MLM companies and networks. If only we spend our first year understanding and learning the business and not try to have an instant money would make a better way for MLM business. People now a days think of overnight riches in MLM they don't know that others success came from sleepless night and hard work.

2. Underdog

Underdog New Member

You hit the nail on the head there. The grand majority of them are, and only benefit the ones that actually run the scheme. And even the handful that are not complete scams will never be able to fulfill their promises for the majority of people investing into the scheme.

3. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady New Member Moderator

I think that there are both reputable companies and scammers in the MLM business. Some of them are set up with integrity, and actually are developed in a way that people can go into business for themselves, and earn some extra money. When you get an override for helping a referral get started in the business, then you can earn even more money than just by selling the product yourself; which is the basic concept of multi-level marketing.
    Before joining any company, it is always good to read reviews from people who have used that company, and been involved in selling the products. Especially when it is a brand new company, they should be looked at scrupulously before signing up as a distributor.
    Many companies that use MLM are very reputable; such as Amway, and also Watkins, which has been in business for many, many years.
    Another company that I particularly like , is the Melaleuca Company. They have great products, a great marketing and distribution plan, and I think that they actually DO have the best interests of both the customers and the distributors in their concerns.

4. hope7

hope7 New Member

I've been involved in two MLM marketing companies. I won't mention any names, but this one in particular won't tell you who they are associated with until you are at the meeting. This couple tricked me into gong to one of their meetings; pretending they weren't with the company I had asked if it was. Well needless to say, I did join. But only for a while because it seemed like I had to put out more money than I would take in. The people were pushy to get more recruits for the downline. The only people who made the millions were the ones at the very top. Once I quit, those people didn't want anything to do with you anymore on the outside. I will never join one of those again.

5. happycow

happycow New Member

MLM is looked down upon in my social circles. At this point, almost everyone I know agrees that, like everyone else here just said, it only benefits people at the top. They also have shady and misleading marketing practices. Nobody likes being led to a high school reunion only to find out they were brought there to be invited to join a multi-level marketing company. Those people who did join were convinced using false promises of easy money.