IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which browser for browsing?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by yahyalamghari, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I have a couple that I use for browsers. One browser that I always use and get rewarded for is bing.com. Bing rewards you with points that you can redeem. You can redeem your points for amazon gift cards or donate it to charity if you like. Google chrome is another favorite that I like to use as my browser. Google chrome has incognito mode, so you've got extra protection when using incognito mode.

Masterio likes this.
  2. gambrix

gambrix New Member

I have tried all of them, and I noticed that the slowest of them all are Internet Explorer and Opera. (but their smartphone version, Opera Mini is quite fast as compared to the regular built-in browser). The fastest ones are Firefox and Chrome, so those are the ones that I use. Nowadays, I use Chrome more, since Firefox doesn't have the option to disable loading images, which slows down my browsing.

3. badcannon

badcannon New Member

I did not even read a single reply because I know that Chrome is the best!!!.It is the best browser for any use it is built on chromium engine many others are but none can even compete with Chrome.

I would like to point out one other browser that use the same engine but practically drains out your memory and loads lot slower.Its UC browser if there are any fanboys out there in this forum I am sorry I just can't lie. Chrome is way better and faster although UC has a lot of features it just lacks the stability and speed of chrome.I would on any day recommend Chrome not that I am some fanboy or anything,but I just feel Chrome is lot better
    I also use Firefox but i fell chrome rocks I don't know it just might be me or whatever love Chrome !!

4. mericamarie

mericamarie New Member

I love Google Chrome. Websites seem to work better with Chrome. The search options seem more relevant and up-to-date. It's just a better browsing experience all together really. I've tried the others and they start good but always seem to mess up.

5. mythman

mythman New Member

I use IE & Firefox, and I used to use Chrome (on an older computer).

Since my computer came pre-loaded with IE, I stick with that for a few applications.

A LOT of sites & apps WON'T work with my IE (and--since my PC was pre-loaded with Vista, which I can't 'upgrade' to the newest Windows OS), I CAN'T get the Microsoft browser! So I HAD to get either Chrome or Firefox. And Firefox seems more managible for me (I think because it's "open source").

6. SammieSamSam

SammieSamSam New Member

I use Google Chrome, but you could look into other chromium based browsers if you are interested in some other options or so.

7. usman ali

usman ali New Member

Google Chrome is the best one for casting to your devices as well. Very annoying to try and do that on Edge, especially with YouTube videos.But I use chrome, if I had windows 10 I would use both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, I say those two are the best for Windows!
    chrome and safari on iMac. firefox and chrome on windows pc

8. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik Angara New Member

I have experienced a variety browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer. I would recommend using the Mozilla Firefox browser for better speed and faster browsing. While this topic is debatable, Chrome is the closest competitor. Internet Explorer is the default browser that we all get pre-installed.

My experience with Chrome hasn't been a good one. I have had browser crashes too many times. I even reported the crashes for investigation but seldom do I receive replies from the Google team. Mozilla, on the other hand isn't a 100% perfect but works better for me than Chrome.

9. haivu721vn

haivu721vn New Member

I use the new Microsoft Edge. It's preinstalled on Windows 10 and runs very smoothly, much better than Chrome. However, for smartphone, I'd recommend the Opera Browser. UC also work well but it will get your phone's storage burned soon.

10. Mohhj

Mohhj New Member

Seems like everyone is using the Google Chrome. I can't blame you, it's a great browser and it's the one that I use every day :D I like that it's fast and doesn't hang up too much, it also has its flash player built in.

I used to use Firefox, but comparing it to Google Chrome it's slower and it had some problems where it would hang on you while opening a lot of tabs. I don't know if they fixed these problems or not. As for Internet Explorer I think it died many many years ago, even Microsoft Edge is not that great either. Well done Google :)

11. Mohhj

Mohhj New Member

I'm sorry that you're having this bad experience with Google Chrome. I've never had any crashes with it, at least when it happened it wasn't the browser's fault, it could be a virus that has messed with some internal files of the browser.

I advise you to fully uninstall the Google Chrome and to clean your PC with CCleaner maybe it'll fix the issues that you're having and also remove all the files of Google Chrome stored in the AppData folder. It happened to me and I did clean the PC and the crashes vanished.

12. shark1234

shark1234 New Member

I will suggest to use Mozilla firefox because it is faster then any other browser.
    Firefox have more enhancement addon then any other browser, if you are on 2G network Just simply put javascript off And voila Blazing speed.

Second & most used browser ex. Google chrome which is more capable and sometimes better then firefox because firefox nowadays hangs too much and chrome doesn't. If chrome is Good for faste Internet users.

13. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

Mozilla firefox is my favorite browser for PC because it is user-friendly, has a lot of plugins to personalize your browsing experience and the private tab feature so that websites cannot track your activity. Google chrome is a pretty good browser as well but running it puts a serious strain on system ram. As for Microsoft edge, I find it to be pretty buggy and its features are very limited compared to the previously mentioned browsers, and it is not really user-friendly.

Cryptoreal likes this.
  14. Kaitlyn Massey

Kaitlyn Massey New Member

Google Chrome is what I have to use most often. It is the most reliable. Many websites won't load, won't function as intended, or simply time out on other browsers, and I end up having to switch to Google Chrome. As an added bonus, Google Chrome lets me cast to my chromecast, so that's another reason to primarily use it. Also, on my andriod mobile device, I don't even think there's another option!

Cryptoreal likes this.
  15. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

Morning. This is a very serious topic to me anyway. I am a computer technician and my advice to anyone using a computer would be never to develop a favorite browser. There are many browsers in the market nowadays that have different and interesting capabilities that seem to blend with you Home or Work PC. The default Internet Explorer in windows OS has proven effective in Server to Client pc since all updates are accessible plus the files in a clear and definitive way. Mozilla offers the best add-ons in the planet such as a Youtube video downloader add-on which comes with different codecs for the user such as MP4, FLV, MPEG4, AVI,3GP for both java phones and android smart phone.
    Moving on, we have Google Chrome most famous for everything to do with google since its updated for G+,Google Docs,Google such engine and most importantly Google apps. As you can see all of these browsers are a gamble. So to my view it is mighty safe to have all of them installed and managed hence preventing spam, online adverts and small browser pop up mp3 application. Happy surfing.

16. Orion Rhodes

Orion Rhodes New Member

I use multiple browsers depending on what I am doing. Foro watching youtube videos, I use the Torch browser, because it has a built-in video and mp3 downloader in the browser. For websites that have a lot of ads, I use Google Chrome. Chrome seems to have the best ad-blocker extensions. I do a lot of work online, and I usually use Microsoft Edge for those tasks. Edge, like the old Explorer, is compatible with almost all websites, so it makes working a little quicker with faster web page loading times.

17. Lee Ka

Lee Ka New Member

I think it is hard to decide which browser is the best, but I would recommend picking on the one that suits us the most.

I have Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome installed in my computer, and my favorite browser now is always Google Chrome. I think it loads and displays the webpages faster. I like the simple and clean design too. As a web developer, sometimes I need to use Internet Explorer and Firefox to test on the websites I am developing, hence I still keep them in my computer. I prefer the developer tool on Firefox, as compared to Chrome.

18. aksingh

aksingh New Member

This is great debatable question. There are many factors to be taken into consideration before zeroing down on which browser you should use. I have used IE, Firefox, Chrome and currently I use Chrome and Firefox. For the gaming purpose and rich graphics Firefox seems to be a better choice for the sake of picture clarity and crashing issues otherwise you can opt for Chrome as well for general mailing and surfing, its not a bad choice either.

19. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

I use Google Chrome .

I've also tried using Microsoft Edge in the past, as it came with my Windows 10 upgrade. I found it to be very basic though, and not particularly intuitive to use. I also found that I was unable to scroll using my mousepad in Edge, I had to click and drag the scroll bar on the right side of the screen in order to scroll, unlike in Google Chrome. Therefore, Google Chrome gets my vote, as it looks nicer and is easier to use in my opinion

20. Shailabh

Shailabh New Member

There is a lot of browser in the market but if we do comparison between them, then among them Google Chrome is the best browser. I've used all the browsers like Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Safari etc. If all grades are given, Internet Explorer will be in the worst. Many of its versions have changed but its result is still the same. If you thinking about the speed, then Google Chrome is the best of all. That's why I would say that always use Google Chrome.