IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which Genre movie do you like the most?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by akshaychouhan785, Sep 18, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785 New Member

I like to watch thriller/mystery movies. The movies in which the plot unfolds slowly in a very unusual way and leaves you mesmerised, sometime it takes 3-4 times watching to get them fully. Some physcological thrillers like lucy, intetstellar, enemy and science fiction thrillers like inception, primer, interstellar are the ones I liked very much.

What's your favourite genre of movies that excites you the most?

2. asdfghjxxkra

asdfghjxxkra New Member

As for me, I love watching action-thriller movies. I love being on the edge of my seat waiting for a scene to happen. I don't get bored when I am watching these type of movies because it has excitement and thrill into it.

Another genre that I love is romcom or romatic comedy. They make your heart race and make your flutter.

akshaychouhan785 likes this.
  3. BMT1014

BMT1014 New Member

I am personally inclined to watch action movies, particularly with war movies. One of my all-time favorites is "Tears of the Sun" directed by Antoine Fuqua. It is a story about a team of U.S. Navy Seals led by Lt. Waters (Bruce Willis) dispatched by the American government to Nigeria. The mission should have been as simple as "to extract" an American doctor, Lena Fiore Kendricks (Monica Belucci) and our (4) others. But things were not as easy as it may seem when Lt. Waters have discovered about the atrocities being done by the rebels to the locals and refugees such as rape, torture and execution and ultimately; genocide.

The thing that really inspired me about the character of Lt. Waters is that he chose to defy the orders of his Commanding Officer in order to help those helpless people against the rebels' brutalities. At the end, they managed to save the lives of several people but lost the lives of some of his men.

The story may only be fictional or not, but it opens the viewers' eyes to the possibilities of the existence of such or same cruelty made by some people against humanity far from our understanding and knowledge. This is the message of the movie.

akshaychouhan785 likes this.
  4. divine

divine New Member

for me romantic comedy is my thing( marlon, new girl, baby Daddy etc.). l love to have fun watching movies. I also love action thrillers, mystic and historic movies.

sydney likes this.
  5. Rolie

Rolie New Member

For me is the horror and action movies

6. Lala1023

Lala1023 New Member

All movies have there own lesson, it just depends on what you need at the time.

Just like on cravings for foods, your body is telling you that you need vitamin C, for instance. Sometimes you like watching a comedy because you want to laugh or you watch a drama because you want to cry. Movies allow us to experience emotions outside of ourselves. My favorite genre is Horror, because I want to face my fears not only in ghosts but also from other entities that we could ever imagine, exists in our daily life.

7. Bluenose

Bluenose New Member

I like horror movies involving super natural beings.But I don't watch them at night.

8. Bigkev

Bigkev New Member

Definitely Action and Thrillers .
    Actions has all the craziest characters While Thrillers thrive on Suspense.

9. Lala Vincent

Lala Vincent New Member

To be sincere I like all the genres as long as the storyline,graphics and actors/actresses are great.

But if I had to choose,I would say Horror.

The main reason is,I like to see things that I can only imagine of and the supernaturals are a good place to start.

They also keep me at the age of my sit,making my blood shimmer as I ponder the next thing that may happen.

Just to be clear,I hope this doesn't make you think that I am a psychopath.

10. azarias

azarias New Member

I like action movies. For me, it's entertaining and you won't get bored. I could even watch them many times. The movies that I have watched many times are The Transporter film series and Shooter.

11. lazmir

lazmir New Member

I love fantasy movies.They generously offer a wide element of imagination which makes you feel sick on returning back to your normal life.The likes of Harry Potter,Beauty and the Beast,Witches of East End,Atlantis and Once Upon A Time.

12. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

I love romantic movies because I like to follow love stories in a movie. Also because happy endings are always guaranteed,where couples live happily ever after. I also love science fiction movies that use scientific understanding to try and explain the universe, especially which feature experiences such as time travel, alternative life, genetic engineering or other such things. That is like Avatar and The Flash.

Drama-drama movies above all for me. This is because you can almost connect with the characters who are going through realistic emotional struggles and I always enjoy the comic relief .

13. Pearl88

Pearl88 New Member

The type of movie genre that I like most is drama/thriller. I enjoy that type of genre because it's always so entertaining as well as funny. Most of the time those kind of movies are n0n fiction and everyday people can relate to the movie 70% of the time. I enjoy movies that will have the viewer thinking one way from beginning and middle, but when it gets closer to the end there is an awesome and surprising twist that no one saw coming. I enjoy dramatic thrillers because they mess with my emotions and always strikes a nerve in me but in a good way.
    Watching movies full of drama is my kind of thing. I get really inspired by the type of movies that I watch. It gives me ideas for my writing and how to deal with certain people as well as situations in my life. When I want to be entertainment in a movie genre I go straight to the drama section. Nothing else will do.

14. tracy

tracy New Member

My favorite genre's I would say were Fantasy and Science Fiction with Romance thrown in, plus a touch of action and drama. I love movie's that make my imagination soar and have a good happy ending, hate a movie's if the ending is sad or left on a cliff - hanger. I think one of my favorite types of movies have to be mythological movie's like Thor and Clash of the Titans

15. Cjanett

Cjanett New Member

To be honest, I love to watch all movie genre as long as the storyline and cinematography is good. One of my most favorite movie so far is "Along with the Gods". This movie is a Korean Movie that was released last year. It's a fantasy/thriller movie. I'm currently liking it because it gives a lot of lesson that we can apply with our lives. Also, the movie has a great graphics and computer effects. There's no doubt that there will be a sequel this year. I'm really excited for this upcoming sequel. Aside from "Along with the Gods", I also love "Harry Potter" and "Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them". J.K. Rowling movies are really great movies. Everyone will agree that those movies are the best movies of all time. Even a child knows Harry Potter.

Everyone has a different taste regarding movie genres. We should appreciate all those movie because the producers and actors are all work hard for that. I'm happy that I was able to watch and support them.

16. tonnie

tonnie New Member

I like action movies the most. Though, you won't miss me viewing romance as well. In most or all cases I like understanding what the movie is all about such that I feel as if I can retell the story. Once am lost in the flow is when my interest may start waning and probably I switch to another.

17. Wanj 33

Wanj 33 New Member

I watch all types of movies . Its depends more with the content the movie has . It can be a Drama movie with very boring drama happening or a very tastefully done Animation. It all depends with the direction, production and the script of the movie. All credit goes to the talent of the people involved. That said, many thanks to the producers of The 100, Games of Throne, Scandal and Shameless. Thank you for making me look forward to each day with so much hope and enthusiasm.

There is this series called Westworld. I have watched some few episodes from Season One and I totally got lost when they kept rebooting that lady. I got confused. What's the deal? Someone kindly help me to understand.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  18. biz

biz New Member

What is my favorite movie genre? Before then, I'd say Dramas no doubt. Especially those movies that are slow motion, realistic and that sometimes portrays sad lives, show the life in all goodness and badness. Now I am not embarrassed in the slightest to answer with Romantic Comedies. Romantic Comedies are like the friend you need when you are bored or upset. It feels like the whole bar of your favorite chocolate and drinking hot chocolate (not at the same time). If your friends are busy and not free to listen to your problems, grab a coffee or tea, and open a rom-com with your favorite actors to uplift your mood. My favorite actors are Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep, Meg Ryan, Cameron Diaz and some male actors I don't know by name that star in many rom-coms.

They are easy to watch. You don't have to speculate on why we are on this earth, what you're doing with your life while watching. Just get to know the leading characters and get ready for watching them not liking one another at first and then falling head over heels in love. Cliche but fun and romantic.

They also remind me that life is simple and not too complicated at the end. People meet, fall in love or not fall in love. Small hiccups happen, life gets in the way, people keep missing one another while working at the same workplace and then become aware of the presence of the other and fall in love. They have their heart broken but some months later they fall in love again. They get cheated on but then forget about the past quickly and fall in love again. These are the things we say, "No this happened too quickly" in movies but they give me hope after all. Also these sort of things are included in real life too. In reality it doesn't take two months but may be six months or a year to date someone else after you had you heart broken by your ex but it happens. So, romantic comedies remind me the beautifully existing shallowness of life, easiness of life that there is a rule that everything that ought to happen happens. What a relief!

19. tonnie

tonnie New Member

Mostly, my viewing or watching of movie is entertainment. When I have to watch a movie it has to be thrilling whatever genre it is. All said and done, am more inclined to action based laced with some romance since in life you need to have a bit of everything because all action without mixture of other bits will start to bore.

20. sb-order-g

sb-order-g New Member

As oppose to a particular genre, I prefer a combination of action and romance. Watching only romance or action movie feels incomplete to me. I love watching action entangled in love; that's a killer one for me. I could remember watching Athena ( A Korean series). The series had everything I required for a film. It involves an evil terrorist association committing atrocities across the city. Amidst the Government agency's struggle to put an end to the association, was a park of love between its lead agent and the terrorist double agent