IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which internet browser do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Fallarts, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Mitsio

Mitsio New Member

I always used to use Chrome, and it didn't bother me that it was stealing my information and whatnot, but I eventually had to switch. When I got my new laptop, Chrome worked just fine until a system's update, after which it was incredibly slow, which is when I switched to Firefox, unable to handle the slow browsing speed and the sudden crashes, and I love Firefox, it's design, and it's top-notch performance.

2. aRtymis

aRtymis New Member

Google Chrome.

I have been using this good ol' browser for a very long time. Maybe if I started using other browsers like Mozilla Firefox and actually set things up, Google Chrome probably wouldn't be the only one that I would use. Google Chrome has an inbuilt ad-blocker and one of it's biggest stand-outs is the fact that it has extensions. Extensions are used to improve your browsing and also provide convenience to stuff like dictionaries, short-cuts, and other functions like that. Not only that, Google saves your personal settings and extensions, basically creating a so-called "system image". This is useful for if you suddenly need to change computers and Google is also supported by many websites.

Mozilla Firefox is a good alternative if you don't like Google Chrome.

3. Eli

Eli New Member

[QUOTE="Personally, I like Google Chrome because of the gadgets and extensions, friendly platform, and at least for me, it crashes less than for example Internet Explorer, which crashes a lot on my computer and some tools are confusing. The second of my preference is Mozilla Firefox, that I like the gadgets and it doesn't crash much on my computer as well.[/QUOTE]
    I also use Google Chrome! It's much faster than Internet Explorer, or "Edge" as I believe it's now called. While Edge claims to be faster, I have yet to see this be true -- especially when I use Google, my search engine of choice.

I have two favorite features of Chrome: the super-customizable "new tabs", and the ability to link all of my accounts across computers. Every time I open a new tab, I land on an adorable kitten, thanks to the extension "Tabby Cats". I get a randomized cute cat every time. It's a little thing, but it makes me so happy! I get this no matter what computer I use when I log into Chrome, because I have it synced across all my devices. This also saves my passwords when I choose to do so, and allows me to access my bookmarks from any device with Chrome. Chrome all the way!

4. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I've used Google Chrome since I can remember. I guess I chose it because it was popular? It's a big bonus that I use Google services and Android for my smartphones. I like that my data is synced between other devices so seamlessly. I don't get what other people are saying that Chrome consumes too much resources though. A lot of computers now are equipped with 8 GBs of RAM. If it starts slowing your computer down then limit the tabs you open then. Who in the right mind opens a bunch of tabs and then complains Chrome is bad? Not me.

You really couldn't go wrong with any other browser except Internet Explorer or Edge.

5. Turgo

Turgo New Member

I love Mozilla Firebox. It is fast, flexible, light on system resources and has strong privacy tools. Although once in a while I switch to Google Chrome, I find myself going back to Mozilla Firebox.

6. Mercy ndinda

Mercy ndinda New Member

I prefer google chrome because it is easy to use and secure, and it can sync your preferences and bookmarks across multiple devices.

7. montakun

montakun New Member

I'm currently using Firefox. I used to use Chrome but it's hard on my memory so I switched to Firefox. I'm still getting use to it but I like it. Firefox lacks some features from Chrome that I'm used to using but I'm managing. Firefox has a lot of add-ons too, so it's not that bad. It's taking less load on my memory, I'm happy with that.

8. Mariam

Mariam New Member

Same here. I just feel that Chrome is the easiest to use, has plenty of features but most importantly is very fast. Search connected to google is my favourite part of Google Chrome and also page suggestions are really useful.

9. Reyhan Williams

Reyhan Williams New Member

Likewise, I too prefer "Google Chrome". It has an easy to use, easy to read platform that I find boosts my productivity. It has a variety of helpful add-ons and extensions that allow me to tailor it to my specific needs. I have found that it never crashes, and that it is a reliable browser.

Ultimately, I find that "Google Chrome" is the best browser currently available, due to my personal experiences with this browser and other browsers alike.

10. Juno Jayn

Juno Jayn New Member

I also use google chrome. I like it because it comes with a lot of extensions that you can use and most things are chrome-based and easier to access if that's your primary browser. I'm also very used to chrome and how it works and I enjoy the simplicity of it. Some others are either complicated because they get caught up in trying to be unique or they just don't have all of the options that chrome does.

11. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

] I have also used Google Chrome. I find it usable, but sometimes a little difficult. I use a screen reader, which, as the name may suggest, reads the screen to me. Google provides a screen reader that works with its browser and its computers. HOwever, while you believe Chrome is simple, yet has many plugins, I believe it is clunky and can sometimes crash.

Another of your points states that other browsers attempt to be more unique. I personally do not believe this. While they may sometimes advertise too much, or falsely, most browsers get the job done.

I personally use Firefox. Returning to the point of screen reading software, it is easy to navigate. Most of the options are easy to set up, and, with certain extensions that the screen access/reader provides, even easier to find alerts on.

12. Blessyn

Blessyn New Member

I use google chrome.The reason is because,it is fast and i think realible also

13. Andrey Conte

Andrey Conte New Member

I prefer Google Chrome. I have already tested Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer (which, as far as I can remember, has always been the least preferred and slowest browser, hahaha). For me, Chrome is the fastest, has a pretty interface and, moreover, does not crash. It has integration with several features that are important to me, like applications that, integrated in the browser, download videos and change the wallpaper.
    I believe Chrome is the most used browser in the world today.

14. Smokey

Smokey New Member

I use Chrome due to speed and stability. Firefox is also a good option but for what I do online, Chrome seems to function the best for me. :)

15. RedFox01

RedFox01 New Member

Google chrome, it beats the others. You can download extensions that can be useful and help you. Also it's more updated and I feel it runs faster. Google chrome doesn't feel strict than other browsers in my opinion.