IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which is the best 2017 or 2016 movie or series to watch?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Kister, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kister

Kister New Member

The best movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption but many movies have been produced since then. In 2016 I can say Captain America Civil War. In 2017 the list is endless but one that tops my list is Split because I never expected those scenes and the story it was built on.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  2. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

Have you watched "Baywatch"?It is truly the best movie I have watched in 2017.I love the way Dwayne Johnson(Mitch Buchanan) plays the role of a captain,a role model and friend to Zac Efron(Matt Brody), the two-time Swimming Olympic Gold Medalist.My best character is Jon Bass(Ronnie). Why is that?Well,he rises from being the odd egg and scales up to joining Baywatch.Dwayne selects him from a crowd of almost a hundred contestants to join the team based on the fact that despite Jon not being fit and athletic,he still portrays perseverance.He falls and gets up then falls again.Zac Efron also makes it to the Baywatch team after being humiliated by Dwayne for showboating.Through this humiliation the arrogant character we see in the beginning of the movie transforms into an admirable person,very humble.

From the way the movie begins it is impossible to predict the ending.I would say that is the what makes "Baywatch" the best movie I have watched ever.In the beginning we see the Baywatch team as just a bunch of glorified lifeguards in tights but when Dwayne and Zac uncover Priyanka Chopra's(Victoria Leeds)plot to use the bay as a front for drugs,we understand the real mission of the lifeguards.It is not just about saving people from drowning but doing all what it takes to protect the bay.If you have a friend that wants to know what movie to watch in 2017,recommend "Baywatch". I know I would!

Kister likes this.
  3. Kister

Kister New Member

I have watched Baywatch and I found it quite interesting though the part for Priyanka Chopra was quite a let down as I was not convinced by her character in the movie. It seems you really got a lot from it unlike me. From your description Baywatch comes out as quite a motivating and inspiring film which is a revelation on my part. I like the fact you've given me another outlook of how to depict movies and series as I watch them.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  4. Dieter

Dieter New Member

I have just watched Baywatch the other day and it was not soooo bad. Allover the quality how the movie is made is top, nice slow motion, nice action scenes, funny characters, and slapstick. Dwyane Johnson showed a brilliant adoption of the world famous Malibu lifeguard. Of course, compared to the original TV series the technology changed and the production is much bigger than the low-budget TV series with over two hundred episodes. Time changes all.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  5. Lala Vincent

Lala Vincent New Member

Well now I would say it must be Stephen King's IT

First,look at the number of sales movie has made in a span of only three weeks.It's impressive for a horror movie.It's been a while since I saw a horror movie with such sales.And I am sure because I am a staunch fan of horror movies

Second,it has received good reviews and ratings from credible sources (e.g MINd).I am dying to see this movie