IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which is the best programming language ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Toshit Kumar Naik, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Toshit Kumar Naik

Toshit Kumar Naik New Member

I want to start my career as a coder. But the problem is, I'm not sure where to start. What's the best programming language for a beginner like me?

2. CelerenTheWolf

CelerenTheWolf New Member

I would recommend that you start with a simple program like Scratch or Stencyl, they are a good tool to learn the way that code is put together. After that I would move on to javascript and batch, they are very simple and easy to learn. Finally use Java as it will be the base language you work off of, you can easily learn C++, C#, Python, Ruby and many other once you have mastered Java. Just work you way through each language from easiest to most difficult and I can garuntee that you will be programming in no time, you just need a month of work to learn the basics new programming language and then you can build on that from there.

3. freedombiker

freedombiker New Member

Becoming a coder (As you name it.) is not only depending on what you want to learn, it also depend on what your skills are in basic. I am already programming for about 25 years. (I started in 1983 with computers in a time that people where asking 'What is that? A "computer" :)
    I learned a lot in the beginning. I started with Basic, then I got into machine language from a specific processor (The z80 processor from Sinclair)
    And after that it was like pascal, c++ and many more. Now these days I work a lot with web designing, and create website in php with mysql, but use also a lot of html.

In other words, in the beginning you where more busy with programming for computer programs, and now you are actual doing much more work in programming for websites. Start with looking for something you feel comfortable in. Try out example code's, and see if you can change it. If you like to do that, then learn more about it. In that way you will know what to select. Have fun in the future with programming :)

4. dr45

dr45 New Member

The easiest and most beginner language to learn for someone that is going to be a coder would have to be HTML. The language HTML is a basic coding language and is the easiest to learn. HTML is the standard markup language used to create webpages that is a basic language that you can learn you can learn other languages easier. There are also lots of places online that teach HTML for free or places online where you can learn yourself. There are more sites that have places to learn HTML than any other language which is why it is easy to learn it. This is why HTML is the easiest and most beginner language and is good for a beginner programmer.

5. kiprop

kiprop New Member

Andrioid java.

6. Smaush

Smaush New Member

I've Heard only good things about Python, but i haven't tried it out myself.
    Perl and Java are my Favorites :)

7. Junaid Jabir

Junaid Jabir New Member

I would suggest Microsoft Visual Studio. It's by far one of the easiest programming languages I've come across that is considerably powerful when compared to other programming languages of similar difficulty level. I started with Visual Basic when I was as young as 11 years old, and I still use it till date.

8. Dragos

Dragos New Member

As a beginner I think you should start with Python as it's easy.

9. othmanovich

othmanovich New Member

In my opinion, I think because programming is a challenging skill to learn, it is preferable to start with an easy programming language like Python. Python code appears like plain English, so once you grasp the programming power using Python, you can move to any other programming language or stay with Python.

10. rajahammad

rajahammad New Member

The language isn't the important part - the framework is. There are lots of good frameworks in lots of good languages. There are also bad frameworks in bad languages.

Some good choices:
    • Ruby + Rails
    • Python + Django
    • Javascript + AngularJS
    • Perl + Catalyst
    • Perl + Mojolicious

That said, web forums are a solved problem. Unless you a) have a really unique set of requirements and b) have time and money to burn, you should probably use something off-the-shelf versus writing from scratch. You can get an off-the-shelf package set up in under an hour. Even a trivial forum would take longer than that to code from scratch.

11. Ritesh

Ritesh New Member

Every single language has a cult
    following of lovers and haters
    alike; this is true of C++, Java, C#,
    Haskell, Objective-C, whatever.
    There are many valid reasons to
    like or dislike a language.
    In the end, there are a few
    reasons why C++ is
    predominantly taught in
    universities:
    It builds on top of C; therefore,
    the transition from C to C++ is
    not too painful. Quite a few
    universities teach C before C++
    (which makes a lot of sense
    IMO).
    It's one of the most popular
    languages
    in the industry (that's starting
    to change with Java, mobile
    development, web
    development, etc. but it's still
    up there)
    It's a language that was
    written by an academic, for
    academic (ie research)
    purposes
    ; therefore a lot of professors
    use it on a day to day basis
    and are very familiar with it,
    which makes it an obvious
    choice for the content of their
    course.
    Don't be too hasty in dismissing
    it as a "bad" language; I
    recommend you dive into it,
    really learn it, build some
    moderate to large sized projects
    using it. Then do the same with
    other languages; at that point
    you'll have enough experience
    and insight to say "I think C++ is
    bad because X, Y, Z" or "I think C
    ++ is good because A, B, C which
    Java doesn't have".
    You still have a lot to learn, young
    grasshopper.

12. SuperUser

SuperUser New Member

hmm... I recommend
    Python
    [​IMG]

Python is another highly recommended language for beginners, and is the most popular introductory language at Top U.S. Universities. Developers have used Python to build desktop apps and web apps alike, and it has great tools for data mining. In addition, Python is particularly popular with the academic community for scientific computing, data analysis, and bioinformatics.

Google, Dropbox, Pinterest, Instagram, Reddit, BitTorrent, Civilization IV, and more have been built with Python.

13. tony

tony New Member

best language for me is C#, because I can do anything with it, and because I can code in visual studio, It is wonderful :)