IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which team is going to win the FIFA 2018 World Cup?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BrightJoe, Jun 27, 2018.

1. BrightJoe

BrightJoe New Member

For some weeks now, the FIFA World Cup has been ongoing in Russia with the final phase of group matches being concluded today and tomorrow. I have been rooting for my dear country, Nigeria, to go far in the competition, but they ended up not making my wish come true as the Argentine national team, captained by Lionel Messi, sent us packing yesterday.

Earlier today, Germany, the defending champion, was defeated by South Korea which is one of the surprising games of the round. However, we still have some good teams that qualified for the knockout stages and I am backing the Spanish national team to win it again.

Which team do you think will bring the trophy home?

2. SweetLang

SweetLang New Member

I've always backed England in international tournaments. It's mainly because of my affinity to the Premier League. Also my favorite player is Wayne Rooney, so there's that (even though he's retired from international football now).

My home country is light years away from qualifying for the World Cup.

3. DuncanGitau

DuncanGitau New Member

if England wins the World Cup we won't have rest.Peter Druiry in the English Premier League commentary will be like: "World Cup winner Jordan Henderson wins a tackle.Eric Dier who won the World Cup passes the ball forward.Young world cup winner Rashford makes a run behind the defence.Ashley Young who helped england win the World Cup falls down under a challenge from Victor Wanyama whose country cannot even find a national team coach to take them to world cup.In that case I support Belgium