IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Whip It - Ellen Page Joins Roller Derby

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Aahz, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Aahz

Aahz New Member

I just finished watching Whip It, Drew Barrymore's 2009 love letter to the modern roller derby scene, and I've got to say this movie has it all. If you're a fan of roller derby you better have already seen this great film. But if you're a fan of Ellen Page, Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, Alia Shawkat, Kristen Wiig, Juliette Lewis or Daniel Stern and you haven't seen Whip It yet, then you need to do so ASAP. Yes, that's a lot of names covering a wide swath of fan interests, but they all manage to shine in for the very reasons you love them in this amazing movie.

Whip It is truly a movie for everyone:

• Date Movie (largely female cast for her, athleticism and competition for him)
    • Sports Movie (underdogs, comeback victories, agony of defeat)
    • Chick Flicks (it's all about female empowerment)
    • Coming of Age Films (Ellen Page really shines as 17 year old Bliss)
    • Buddy Flicks (Ellen Page and Alia Shawkat are adorable)
    • Teen Comedies (While most of the cast are adults at it's core this is still about a high school girl in a small town)
    I seriously cannot recommend a film more highly. It's playing on Cinemax this month, but find it however you can and watch it tonight!