IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who is your favourite singer?

Discussion in 'Music' started by prakash kumar das, Apr 2, 2016.

1. richellemchua

richellemchua New Member

I have a favorite band which is One Direction. All of them sing great but I like Harry Styles and Niall Horan the most, it's because their vocals are just so perfect and they never fail to make me smile and happy. For me, it's not just about music, but also about how dedicated you are on supporting them as your idols. But that doesn't always mean that you have to support them to whatever they do just because you're a fan. No, when they do something wrong you don't have to act like what they just did was reasonable or a mistake if you know that it is not. It's okay to criticize and still support them. But that is not my problem because my idols never committed something wrong to disappoint me :)

2. DavidK

DavidK New Member

My favorite singer will always be Selena Gomez. The way she writes her songs, backed by her incredibly beautiful voice, she will always be my first pick. I wouldn`t say that I know all of her songs, but for the ones that I have listened to, she is very much amazing. She is most certainly gifted.

3. Thee Row

Thee Row New Member

Lil uzi vert is my favourite since he started singing on trap beats. Its super easy to relate with his songs . His cheerful attitude is infectious.

4. Allan Cribz

Allan Cribz New Member

My favourite would have to be Bryan Adams.

He is a very successful and renowned singer around the world for the last three decades. Though rock music lovers mostly like his songs, a vast number of people whose first preference of music falls into other categories, also like him a lot. He is mainly a vocalist and song player but he can play a number of musical instruments including guitar, piano, bass guitar, harmonica and dobro. He is basically a rock singer and undoubtedly he is one of the best rock singers over a long time.

5. akjangra

akjangra New Member

Not really a singer, but my favorite artist is Eminem! Now, I really don't need to introduce him, do I? The thing I love about Eminem is how he raps about his life. His pre-fame life was full of tragedies. He used that as a fuel and we all know where he's now. His songs have a personal feel about them. They feel much different than other rappers, its like Em is sitting with in front of you and is having a conversation with you. Yeah, yeah, his latest album wasn't that good. But hey, the man is 45 years old I'm glad he's still here and I still look up to him.

6. Ela

Ela New Member

As for me i still respect michael jackson(the king of pop ) for his music but i have to go with the new era of musicians that is why i love edsheeran type of music if you look way back there in 2011 where edsheeran started singing ,he started with accoustic fork he had a great sound and he still has the sound and he is a great song writter.His future seem brighter .let as see what new things he will bring in future (in the modern pop evolution)

7. Mohamed Ali

Mohamed Ali New Member

My favorite singer has to be Frank Sinatra. He really puts me in a good mood. I loose myself in his lyrics and really can't get enough of him. He is a legend in the music industry.

8. sophv

sophv New Member

My favorite singer is Taylor Swift. I fell in love with her music when her second album cam out and I haven’t been able to get enough since! She writes so beautifully and sings so well. Each of her albums just get better and better. I’ve seen her perform live 3 times and I can’t wait to see her again.

9. Onesmus

Onesmus New Member

My favorite singer is Chris Brown.His music changes my atmosphere and mood because he has a great voice and content in the lyrics of his songs.Furthermore this energetic man perfoms passionately whenever on stage.He will be a legend of his time forever

10. Faizan Corbin

Faizan Corbin New Member

My Favourite Singer Is Armaan Malik His Is New Generation Singer But He Has Quality in his voice whenever i listen his songs I feel like im in heaven

11. Lawuan Goldsborough

Lawuan Goldsborough New Member

My favorite singer would have to be Beyonce. She is both an excellent entertainer and vocalist which is something that most artist cannot say. Her riffs , runs, and melisma match with such prestige technique has her set as the most technical skill vocalist our current time. Along with her ability to sing in multiple genres of music such as r&b, rap, pop, reggae, techno, dance, jazz, country, and rock.

12. Yolanda Dykes

Yolanda Dykes New Member

My Favourite singer is Yuna because her voice is so soft, and she just has music that I can relate to.

13. Ktaylor

Ktaylor New Member

I have fallen in love with Tammy Rivera. She is fairly new to the singing industry but her husband is a famous rapper. I just love her voice and passion when she sings.

14. IWriteTheStuff

IWriteTheStuff New Member

Hands down, my favorite singer is Karen Carpenter. Her voice is like no other. Her vibrato is right on and she nails it with every song. I can hear her vulnerability and her soul in her voice. It is truly one of a kind and greatly missed. From ballads to bubblegum to disco, her voice comes through every single time

15. Anne Gabrielle David

Anne Gabrielle David New Member

Well to be completely honest I have so many favorite singers, but the most favorite singer for me was Taylor Swift. I think we can all agree that sometimes these favorite singers of us help us through something, like depression, loneliness, fear, etc. They bring the best out of us. I would't call this idolatry but having these kind of role models in our life helps us shape the best of us and that person for me is Taylor Swift. Why? because starting from the beginning, Taylor Swift started from the bottom of the totem pole, having a dream of becoming a great singer someday, writes honest to goodness songs, and a humble person. Even if the media depicts her as the serial dating singer for having too 'many' guys on the notch on her bed doesn't change the fact that she is just a normal human looking for love and I guess that is one of the reason that my favorite singer is Taylor Swift. Even though many people hate her and may artist don't want to be around her makes her more of a genuine artist.

That is why she is the best singer for me because she cares. Media people doesn't want people to see that side of Taylor Swift because that will make them look bad, and that is why they always depict her as this girl and that girl while in fact she's not any of those. I think not only Taylor Swift suffer from this kind of treatment from the press but many artist too. But Taylor Swift is the best and she is one of the Epitome of a woman power and that is why she is my favorite singer. :)

16. shirumuiyuts

shirumuiyuts New Member

I have many favorite musicians that cut across numerous genres but my all time favorite would have to be Tupac Amaru Shakur .His music is timeless ,its as relevant as it was back when he released it. I love how his songs are so different cutting across various societal issues.My all time favorites are Dear mama ,Keep ya head up and Changes.

17. Shasmilez

Shasmilez New Member

It's really difficult for me now to choose one out of all the inspiring singers I listen to, but my number one/favorite singer is Don Moen. Well, I listen to Christian singers more than others. The question is 'why is Don Moen outstanding'? He is a passionate singer whose songs appeal to the subconscious.

18. Ingabo

Ingabo New Member

I honestly think I have a problem figuring that one out. I mean this minute am thinking Zayn Malik and the next minute it's Taylor Swift.

I think it's safe to say I fall for the lyrics, but again life or death situation, Chris brown and Nicki Minaj will have a run for my money. August Alsina too, definitely.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  19. Avatar21

My favorite singer is Lea Salonga. She is the first Filipino artist to sign with an international record label Atlantic records in 1993.She is also the first Philippine-based artist to have received a major album released and distribution deal in the United States, and one of the best-selling Filipino artists of all time, having sold over 19 million copies of her albums worldwide. She has been praised for control over her powerful vocals which can evoke a wide array of emotion and soundscapes. In her popular music releases, she has sung simple love songs which is common in traditional original Pilipino music. In both Disney princess singing roles, she showcases her head tones which reach up to f5.

20. Nerdy

Nerdy New Member

This one is very difficult for me, like most of you guys have mentioned the likes of Micheal Jackson, Mariah Carey, Anthony Hamilton and Adele those are my favourites too. With that said Whitney Houston is my all time favourite, her vocal ability is out of this world.

She is able to evoke emotions with every single song she performs, the fact that she started singing at a church make her more relatable to me, because I think a church offers the ability to connect your emotions with the song when performing, she truly was a Jam.