IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who will win MVP for NBA this year?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Siwek20, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Siwek20

Siwek20 New Member

i think it will be Lebrun in LA, HBU?

2. Xave B

Xave B New Member

Based on both his offensive prowess and ability to carry his team, I believe the most valuable player this season has been James Harden. He has showcased not only his ability to score, averaging upwards of 35 points per game in the regular season, while leading his team to a 3rd seed in a stacked western conference. Another potential candidate would be Giannis Antetokounmpo 'the Greek Freak' who I believe has a better supporting act than Harden that has allowed for his team to reach new heights in the Eastern conference.
    There will be a lot of debate around this in the coming weeks, but I would have to go with Harden at this stage.

3. Evan Friedmann

Evan Friedmann New Member

Up to this point in the season I think it is very difficult to argue against Giannis Antetokounmpo for back to back mvps. You can look at the stats and see that he is leading his team in every single major category. It would one thing for Devin Booker to do this with the terrible suns teams (which he came close to but never did), but for Giannis to do this on a very talented team is impressive. Than you can add in the fact that while his team is less talented than many of the other stars (Lebron, Kawhi, Harden) and they have the second best record in the league. For anyone who watches the game it should be easy to see how dominant he is. When Giannis has the ball, if he wants to drive to the hoop and score, he can every single time. Not to mention the fact that this year he added a three point shot.