IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why are so many youths turning away from Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Annabella101, Jun 11, 2015.

1. AnnaMarieW

AnnaMarieW New Member

I think that the reason why young people apply themselves to religion is that the meaning of each religion is interpreted very differently. Unfortunately, people fight each other in the name of religion instead of being a role model and showing that every religion is important and every religion has something in common. Because religion is there for everyone and one should not let oneself be separated. We should use religion to spread it and to give people peace and hope and not to incite them to fight each other. I think everyone has the right to believe in something as long as you don't hurt or harass other people with it. So I don't think it's bad if there are some who don't believe in God but you shouldn't condemn any religion because some traditions have their own rituals and may not seem normal to some. Everyone should live the way they want to, with or without religion. What also has to be said is that religion has been interpreted by man himself and that is exactly what is spreading. Unfortunately, this also makes misunderstandings more and more clear.

2. Victory Okojie

Victory Okojie New Member

The rate at which the youth of today has turn away from religion is not surprising because it's seems to have failed them reason been that they focus on the wrong thing. We are to focus on God and not religion that is where the youth of today miss it up, we focus on pastors and religion not God himself they are too lazy to build a relationship with God.