IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why Are We Here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Jaime, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Jaime

Jaime New Member

Have you ever questioned what our purpose on earth is or as individual why you are actually are here on earth? There some who think it's the sort of thing one shouldn't concern themselves with as from the beginning of time no one has been able to answer this question.

Maybe we can learn something from animals? All they ever do is eat, sleep and breed. Nothing else interests them.

Humans who are more intelligent have a lot on their minds. In addition to desiring what animals get we also want power, wealth, fame and a lot more. Those who don't get much of these because society expects them to never are happy because they view themselves as failures. Go a level lower and you'll discover that humans and animals aren't that different and we'd probably be happier if we, like animals, focused more on living in the moment.

I'm curious, what do you think is the purpose of life?

Mauricio O Freire likes this.
  2. Mauricio O Freire

Mauricio O Freire New Member

I agree that we are like animals, but we reached a much higher stage of evolution compared to primates. However, something deep inside me strive to believe that a greater and powerful being is responsible for what and how we are today.

Believing or not in the spiritual or supernatural existence, nobody can deny we are heading the very opposite way of our main purpose on this planet, once we are becoming more selfish and materialists and caring less about our fellow human beings, not to mention other species that I believe have the same right as we do to inhabit this planet and they also should be respected.